Castle Combe Action Day 28th June 2014?

Here members post meetings, events, meet ups and the like
Thread Bear
1K Away

Castle Combe Action Day 28th June 2014?

Post by Thread Bear »

Below is copy of the email flyer sent to me for this event. Rather daft as it does not tell you that the date of this event is the 28th of June
. 10 cars can enter free on a club stand. Passingers have to pay, as do extra cars. Sounds about the right size for BX locals and some friendly other Citroens. You would need to look at the website to check out fees and rules for lapping sessions. Previous experience is if you want to lap, get there early as there is a que later in the day.

Action Days at Castle Combe Circuit
View this email in your browser

Issued: Monday 16th December 2013
Classic & Retro Action Day 2014...
Owner’s Club booking forms now live!
We've just announced the dates and now we're launching the Owner's Club Booking Forms... we’re scaring ourselves with our pre-Christmas efficiency; long may it continue...?!
Classic & Retro Action Day 2014
The Classic & Retro Action Day Owner’s Club Booking Forms are now live! Please click here for details.
You will note some changes on the Booking Form/Procedure for 2014... hopefully pretty self-explanatory but if not, do give us a quick buzz! To confirm...

This Owner’s Club Booking Form is only relevant to your club stand booking. We have opened this up much earlier this year to ensure that we get the stand allocation worked out as early as possible to minimise gaps/overcrowded areas.
Track Session booking forms will be available from early 2014... we’ll be back in touch then!
Club Stand Allocations 2014. As a result of the feedback that we received in 2013, we have set up a NEW Club Stand allocations for 2014...

Club Stand Options 2014

Club Stand Option A entitles 10 cars (with drivers) to a free pitch. If booking this option, you will not be able to specify the exact location of your stand nor your proximity to other clubs.
Ciub Stand Option B. If you wish to assure a premium location and a guaranteed proximity to other stands then please book this option. This will give you a larger pitch for up to 20 vehicles.
Club Stand Option C will reserve you a premium pitch for up to 40 vehicles and will be suitable for larger Owner’s Clubs OR for Owner’s Clubs who want to ‘come together’ to form one stand with like cars!

Option A Free Pitch and admission for up to 10 x display cars (incl driver). No guarantee of location or proximity to other clubs Extra display cars plus
drivers @ £12 each
Option B £100 Pitch and admission for up to 20 x display cars (incl driver). Premium location Extra display cars plus
drivers @ £10 each
Option C £240 Pitch and admission for up to 40 x display cars (incl driver). Premium location Extra display cars plus
drivers @ £8 each

Should you wish to book for any number of cars between the option allowances, then individual car spaces can be added onto one of the options. Full details are on the Classic & Retro Action Day Owner’s Club Booking Form and the Classic & Retro Action Day Owner's Club Information & Prices Sheet.

Please note that: Each car space booked includes admission for the driver only. If your members are bringing passengers in cars that are to be displayed on the club stands, we recommend that their admission tickets are purchased in advance and at a discounted rate (will help avoid queues on the day). Admission tickets can be purchased for passengers on the day but these will be at the full price.

NB –The deadline for returning this booking form together with full payment (where applicable) is Friday 28th March 2014. All bookings received by this time will be entered into the prize draw to WIN...

An exclusive track session (up to 28 cars)... this can be a fast lap or a parade session; it's your choice, it’s your session!
15 x pairs of tickets for your choice of Castle Combe Circuit Race Meeting 2014

Classic & Retro Action Day (... Photos from 2013)
Classic & Retro Action Day (copyright Trackside Images)
We hope these changes are positive changes and will make the day a better experience for everyone involved. If of course you have any questions or special requests then please don’t hesitate to pick up the phone and we will do everything we can to accommodate.

It was a great event in 2013 and we’re just hoping to make it even better... do give us a shout if you’ve got any fab ideas for 2014 as all ideas are welcome (it’s just whether we can accommodate them)!!!

We very much look forward to hearing from you and in the interim... HAPPY CHRISTMAS AND MAY YOU HAVE A FABULOUS 2014!

With best wishes

The Events Team
Action Days LLP
Email: maria@castlecombecircuit.co.uk
Tel: 01249 782417

Facebook
Facebook
Twitter
Twitter
Website
Website
Copyright © 2013 Castle Combe Circuit, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because you are subscribed to our Action Day e-newsletters.
Miguel - 16 TRS Auto S, light blue, 43k miles - £450
Pluto - 14 E S, White, 105k Miles - in work
Egbert - 19 16v Gti, White, A/C & Leather, - Keeper
Walt - 17 TZD Turbo S, graphite, 70k miles, good op extras - Keeper
Scraper- 17 TZD Turbo E, blue, 208k miles - parts
Homer - 19 TXD E, Red, 189k miles - £250
Gary - 17 TZD Turbo E, 118k miles - in work

'87 Trooper, Borgwards, Saabs, MG ZB, Bellamy Trials, Fiat Jolly & Bianchina, Goggo Dart, Messerschmitt, Heinkel, Bubblecars
hilarystone
BXpert
My Cars: Citroen BX 16V, BX Van 16V, Visa GTI, CX Ambulance Turbo diesel, Xsara VTS Phase 1 and 2, Lotus Elan 1970, Clan Crusader, C8 2l petrol, 1982 GSA Pallas, 1974 GS Birotor

Re: Castle Combe Action Day 28th June 2014?

Post by hilarystone »

Sounds like an excellent idea... I'd be up for it.
Hilary Stone

http://www.Hilarystone.com
Period bikes, frames and parts

1985 Citroen CX Ambulance, 1989 Citroen BX 16V, 1987 Citroen Visa GTI, 2008 Citroen C8 2l petrol, Citroen BX Van 16V, Clan Crusader, 1970 Lotus Elan, Citroen Xsaras VTS phase1 and Phase 2, Citroen GSA, GS Birotor
Stephen C
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Stephen C »

looks good to me yes I'd like to join in

Stephen
MK1 1.9 DTR.............X6
2cv Van....................Napoleon

Honda FRV................Mr H
Honda CRV MK1.........bubble's
Honda Lawn Mower

BMW R100R...............When I grow up I want to be a [Honda]
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

Yeah I'd like to do that one, put me down please!

Can cars on the stand do track time too?
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
Thread Bear
1K Away

Post by Thread Bear »

Well in that short period it would seem there is interest in this.

Looking at the info it would seem to require a Club Secretary and address to apply when the application form is released in the new year. Do we have such a thing? Also they are looking for Club public liability insurance. Again not sure if BXclub has this.

As to the cars on the stand. Those that are static have a pass to enter and park. Stand cars that wish to participate in lapping require the further pass to get on the track and move to the paddock. It would seem there might be some reduced rates from entering off the club stand and thus pre booking. You may find such tickets are time limited to early morning sessions, so be warned. Anyway full details are to be issued by the organiser after New Year, including lapping fees.
Club stand material is OK but they are asking if there are to be tent/gazibo structures to go up. Probably a positional and insurance issue. I have none of this sort of stuff so if there is a demand for it it will need to come from elsewhere. The application needs to state we intend doing it. Carpet?

With the above in mind, I am happy to head this up unless there is an official secretary who should do it. Alternatively it can be pushed at CCC, but that would then limit the number of BX present. Might be worth them taking a stand themselves, or the whizzo AX boys or whomsoever. The older hands will have more idea on the sort of take up that might occur from differing groups.

'87 Trooper, Borgwards, Saabs, MG ZB, Bellamy Trials, Fiat Jolly & Bianchina, Goggo Dart, Messerschmitt, Heinkel, Bubblecars
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Well be in Spain sorry...
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
djoptix
BXpert

Post by djoptix »

I'm interested, no running BX at the moment but this would be a good incentive!...
Good heavens! My signature's been moderated...
Thread Bear
1K Away

Post by Thread Bear »

I have gone back to this site. The application form is now available. The details remain as above but there is still no advertised fee for lapping sessions.

However if there is interest, which there seems to be, I will go ahead and book us a 10 car plot.

:?: So questions;

That you are happy for me to act as 'Club Secretary' and 'Safety Officer' (Do I get a hat and clipboard? [-X ) for this one off booking. If not the application will need to go to the relevant person who is holding that position for BXClub.

The 10 cars booked into the plot gain free entry for the car and driver to static display. Passengers would need to buy entrance prior, £12, or at the gate on the day, £15. So the first 9 people to confirm a booking get those 'free' places, as I am having the first one. The passes should come to me a month before the event, so end of May. I will forward them to those who have claimed them so they can drive straight in the gate.
Now I have done this before and then had folk not turn up, voiding their ticket, and preventing someone later claiming free entrance. My habit has therefore to demand a deposit of £12 to secure a 'free' ticket, handing the deposit back at the event in cash. Otherwise the deposit tendered reverts to club funds, if it cannot be used to get another person through the gate.
The alternative to myself, an unknown, is if someone better known, Tim Leach, for instance, holds these deposits, but that could be more complicated if they are not going to be present on the day. Alternatively we do not bother and just trust folk will be true to their word.

Extra cars will be allowed entrance, by purchase as above, but may not make it onto the stand if there is no room. A pass is required in any case.

It says set up can be started 16.00 hours the prior day. Therefore there must be some ability to camp. I need to find out about that.

The organizers need to know if we wish to put up a gazebo or other structure. Tarmac is not to be damaged.

The organizers would like to know if we are to be static or if members of the cars on display intend to take part in lapping sessions. If lapping the reserve the right to ban clubs consuming alcoholic beverages from taking part. So lapping means we are all on the cart, well till the've finished anyway.

The biggy really. The Club need to show it has insurance cover for events. This is becoming common with organizer seeking to pass on the costs of insurance. Argue as much as you like, it is the way it is. No insurance, no event as the BXClub. We would need a club that has insurance, like CCC?

Comments welcome.

Stephen C
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Stephen C »

I can't make it a family event has torpedoed it, going around the track was not for me,
for me meeting BX owner's was what it was all about, sorry I cannot make it,

Stephen.
MK1 1.9 DTR.............X6
2cv Van....................Napoleon

Honda FRV................Mr H
Honda CRV MK1.........bubble's
Honda Lawn Mower

BMW R100R...............When I grow up I want to be a [Honda]
Thread Bear
1K Away

Post by Thread Bear »

Just as well, Stephen :!: . No one reacted to my request on resolving club insurance, or entry primary, :cry: so we have no stand at Castle Coombe #-o. As the organiser it would fall to my liability [-X . Sorry, not taking that risk on, I like my new house :D . I expect the Paddock will be fully booked by now, so not this year? Anyway I am doing something else that weekend, since the BXs did not want to come out and play :| .
Looks like Matlock this weekend. Coningsby and Sutton Bridge last. Nice to get out and about at last \:D/ .