1990 BX14TGE - Now no longer available

Advertise your car for sale here. No parts or eBay spots in here please.
adamskibx
BXpert

1990 BX14TGE - Now no longer available

Post by adamskibx »

Would anyone be interested in a dark metalic grey BX with long tax and test?

I bought the car several years ago for around £350. It was a great day, as I enjoy the experience of picking up a new car. It was from Devon, but has a Scottish flag on the boot.. I don't know why. The gearbox was alledgedly noisey, and as I drove off, I thought I was in luck as it wasn't, but then I realsied it only made a sound while slowing down. It covered around 6000 miles like this, at which time it lost drive and a new/second-hand box was fitted. This one is sweet.

It has just passed an MOT, but only the other day the passenger door hinge repair I welded failed and the door now needs to be lifted slightly as you close it. The reason for this is that I bought gasless wire, and my welder has a fault meaning that on reverse earth mode, it spontaniously combusts as you squeeze ther trigger. I will try to resolve this but you may preffer to do it yourself.

Secondly, I changed one of the rear arm bearings, and I did it a bit wrongly, meaning it will probably last for 20,000 miles as opposed to 60,000 miles. The other one could probably do with changing as well but having almost killed myself under a falling Citroen for 2 dark nights in a cramped garage, I'll leave it for now!

Other than this a beatiful BX in an excellent colour with the advantage of no PAS and a chreap tax bracket. It has one dent of considerable note, that would probably pull out if you remove the NS wing repeater (it's as if that lamp has been pushed in)

It benefits from a chirpy engine, that uses no oil or coolant of note, new rear calipers, pads and disks (never had a BX with noticable rear braking effort before!) new exhaust mid-box, new rear box, and a towbar with minor electrics.

It also has a new battery and drives, almost, without fault. Round the country roads and swinging A roads the non PAS feels nice and progressive and 100% tight. My only critisism of the BX in general, particularly this one, is that motorway driving is a bit sketchy if your pushed for time. It is as though the tracking needs to tow out slightly more because the most delicate movement of the wheel to the right, causes the car to 'lock in' to a right hand turn and a significant amount of left hand lock is required to keep it stable. This, I am guessing could be because it needs the LS rear arm bearing doing, but there is not noticeable lean of the wheel. It is also not a problem at economical cruising speeds.

MOT advisories: O/S front tyre nearing legal limit
Oil leak (can't see anything significant but a few drips stuck to the bottom of sump as usual)

It passed the emmissions with flying colours and the bill was £412, or so...

I saved it from rotting in peace for another year, and I would like somebody else to derive use and/or pleasure from this car. The interior is red herringbone. Only the glovebox hinges and permanently on heater fan let it down (very easy £25 fix).

Offers around £400 will be considered. Pics to come...

Here's some pics (you might want to turn UP your brightness, as it's apparently dark these days and phone camera's are not the best..

Last edited by adamskibx on Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
citsncycles
Over 2k

Re: 1990 (H Reg) BX14TGE, 11 Months MOT, 5 Months Tax

Post by citsncycles »

Bad timing this - I'd have a look if I hadn't just spent all my money! Not many 14's about with factory sun roof, and a nice colour!

Good luck with the sale.
Mike Sims
BX 19RD Estate Mk1 - Timex!
BX 4X4 Estate - Oh god, I've done it again!
BX 17RD MK1 - it called to me!
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
XM Turbo SD,GS Club Estate,Visa 17D Leader,HY Pickup,Dyane Nomad,Dyane 6,2CV AZL,Falcon S,Trabant P50,3x Land Rovers (88" series 1,109" series 2a FFR,series 2a Marshall ambulance),DKW F7, Lambretta LD150 x 1.5,Mobylette SP93,Ural Cossack,Ural M63,CZ 250 Sport,Honda Varadero 125,lots of bicycles & tricycles including (but not only) Sunbeams,Higgins & Bates!
adamskibx
BXpert

Re: 1990 (H Reg) BX14TGE, 11 Months MOT, 5 Months Tax - On E

Post by adamskibx »

Thanks, well I'll have to see how the auction runs. It's not a good time to be selling either, so if you were very interested, I could hold the car but that could only really be for a few weeks.
adamskibx
BXpert

Re: 1990 BX14TGE/Like RE, 11 Months MOT, 5 Months Tax, Ebay

Post by adamskibx »

Sorry to anyone who was possibly interested. I have decided to keep the car as I'd only need to replace it eventually and it's a good car.
jamescarruthers
BXpert

Re: 1990 BX14TGE - Now no longer available

Post by jamescarruthers »

Well done on keeping it!

Have you seen the Loads of BX wheel trims that keep popping up on 24 hour eBay auctions from one seller? Even the correct ones for your car are there!

I've ordered a set for the 14E so it looks a littte tidier without its standard tiny caps.
1987 Volvo 480 ES
2006 Citroen C6 Exclusive 3.0 petrol/LPG

Previous BX's:
A966 XRL -- BX 16 TRS
H767 BEG -- BX 14 TGE
B316 AMP -- BX 14 E
adamskibx
BXpert

Re: 1990 BX14TGE - Now no longer available

Post by adamskibx »

Thanks. Yes I saw those hub caps, but now is a bad time financially so I'll have to pass. I might message him anyway because I sold some 2cv seats to him many months ago and have still not delivered them as promised..Might have to make a journey up North in the new year at some point.