Another New Member...

Anything about BXs
Adam
BXpert

Another New Member...

Post by Adam »

Decided to get another BX after being without for 3 years, when I was younger my dad had a 19GTi and even back then I thought wow, (he had a skoda before!) I passed my test and found a 19DTR, a cool first car I thought, all my mates had mk1 fiesta's! Started getting into mechanics then, working on my car with my dad. Kept her for a year and the punishment of a new driver, which she stood up to well, took it's toll and I wanted something quicker. Got home from work oneday and there it was 17 TZD, on the drive, best car i've ever owned. Took her to Hanover for a weekend, never grumbled, travelled 1200 miles a week for 4 months, gradually replacing parts as problems came up. Sadly some goon :shock: in a Peugeot pulled out of a roadworks exit on a motorway and there was nothing I could do, wasn't speeding and I hit him, he accepted full responsibilty but my car had gone. :( I had replaced the clutch, both swing arm bearings, all spheres, alt. discs and pads all round and a new exhaust in the 3 months prior to the crash. I was gutted. :cry: Had a 2.0 306 sedan after (hateful thing, went well though!), 1990 320 Auto Tourer, and now my ZX 19sx TD. I want to get rid of this and get another BX and you guys are helping me which is cool, so thanks for all your help and advice.
Previously Owned
1988 19DTR
1991 17TZD
1987 19GTI (Dads)
1992 17DTR (Mums)
Currently
1991 19TGD
1991 TZD Turbo (Breaking)
"Graculus" 1990 TGD Turbo (Restoring)
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Morning Adam, you seem to have settled in nicely! I`m sure a decent BX will turn up soon, keep checking the `for sale and wanted` and the `spotting` section as there`s invariably cars up for sale and eBay links knocking about.
Vauxhall apologist.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Welcome aboard Adam!
Cornishbx16v
BXpert

Post by Cornishbx16v »

HI adam! welcome matey!
i am very biased but woudl strongly recomend a nice Powerful 16vbx!! You wont be disapointed mate!
Timmo.

After all I AM CORNISH!!!!

www.bx16v.com
www.bx16v.co.uk/forum
www.bx16valve.co.uk
M

Post by M »

Welcome aboard - as Cavmad said, good ones surface periodically - just keep watching this space. Decide what you want and what its going to be used for (e.g. - Whilst Ians GTi is a lovely car, I cover 500 miles / week and it would bankrupt me - so I have a TXD 1.9 - not fast but hugely economical) then just watch this space.
There will usually be someone around to help out if it needs some spanner work. Of course you could get the Voodoo talisman that is the BXClub window sticker and you need never have another repair bill ever*

*applies only to cars bought on the third wednesday in November from a little man with green hair called Shaun between 1300hrs and 1301hrs in a leap year when there is lunar eclipse.
Mike P
BXpert

Post by Mike P »

:lol:

Like reading the small print and countless get out clauses on my recent house survey.

Mike P.
"F" White Phase 1 16V: 62K miles & seen on TV
"E" Grey Phase 1 16V: Long term project in bits
Ian_Fearn
Spender lotta cash on Citroens

Post by Ian_Fearn »

I used to cover a good 500miles a week in my GTi Hurricane.

That car had a turbo diesel box in it which lowered the revs at 70mph in 5th. It'd do 40mpg on a run although my normal average was around 30-33.

The 4x4 is less economical than the 2wd but still better than the GTi auto.

The TZD is the best of both worlds by far, power and economy. I drove the Barnsley BX'ers TZD a couple of weeks back which was my first drive of a TZD and i was thoroughly impressed by the mid range power.
Over and out from me
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Wait `til I get my 1.9TD on the road!
Vauxhall apologist.
Oscar
1K Away

Post by Oscar »

Welcome Adam. Like you my first was a BX, I got rid of it and owned a few in between, including a ZX, before buying a TZD which has been great.

You won't regret it, especially as you have the skills to keep it going at low cost.

Oscar
(Red BX 1.7TZD ("Well, it is a style icon" - Tom Sheppard)) "Was", Tom, "was"
Adam
BXpert

Thanks Again Guys

Post by Adam »

I'm definately gonna go for the TZD, work commitments mean I have to have a car running all the time so want a fairly good one to start with, when i've sorted my own place who knows a 4x4 or 16v could be a nice project!!!! I know a few car dealers so i'll get them to keep their eyes open for any BX's see if we can't save a few more!!!!!!
Previously Owned
1988 19DTR
1991 17TZD
1987 19GTI (Dads)
1992 17DTR (Mums)
Currently
1991 19TGD
1991 TZD Turbo (Breaking)
"Graculus" 1990 TGD Turbo (Restoring)
richard
BXpert

Post by richard »

Welcome!!!

I am sure you will find being a BX'er a rewarding experience. I have owned mine for the last 12 years (with a few others in between) and never looked back!!

They are truly under rated motors :D