1991 BX GTI 8v for sale on ebay!!

Advertise your car for sale here. No parts or eBay spots in here please.
MTBX

1991 BX GTI 8v for sale on ebay!!

Post by MTBX »

I am new to BX ownership and on this Forum being mainly a XM enthusiast although I have met some of you chaps at CCC Rallies including Tim of course!
Please take a look at my listing on ebay that ends this Sunday!
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 1225425258" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hopefully all is self-explanatory but do contact me if you have any queries.
With regards,
Matthew T.
Mk5rjs

Re: 1991 BX GTI 8v for sale on ebay!!

Post by Mk5rjs »

I so wish I could buy this one, it looks a lovely car :D

Unfortunately I am under strict instructions not to do anything daft :(

Good luck with the sale, it deserves a good home.

Rory
MTBX

Post by MTBX »

Many thanks Rory and I have also had some strong interest from a Citroen enthusiast in Aberdeen who is looking for a BX!! Regards, Matthew T.
MTBX

Post by MTBX »

Sold post ebay to a nice man from Bridlington E. Yorks. who previously owned GTI 8 and 16v models! I had to reduce the price a little bit and was disappointed not to get more interest in terms of serious buyers!! Regards, Matthew T.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

At least it sold being immediately post-Christmas etc. Glad it found a nice new home. :)
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

January is the worst month in the year to sell a car, so i'm not surprised you got hardly any interest.
2002 C5 2.0 HDI Estate - Jasmine - Now SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - My daily
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired.
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

I'm not just a username, i'm also called Matthew.
RxBX
Over 2k

Post by RxBX »

As spotted by 'Hilary' in THIS thread, J230 KLU is up F/S again on E-bay !

Click on image for latest E-bay listing :wink:

jeremyC5
BXpert

Post by jeremyC5 »

What's the theory as to why it's up for sale again then ?

- Due to the 'blemish' of being a cat C, perhaps ?
C5 x 1
Ford 100E - Red x 2
Herald 12/50 x 1
citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

If it's flagged as such with DVLA it will most likely result in increased insurance premiums.
Mike Sims
BX 19RD Estate Mk1 - Timex!
BX 4X4 Estate - Oh god, I've done it again!
BX 17RD MK1 - it called to me!
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
XM Turbo SD,GS Club Estate,Visa 17D Leader,HY Pickup,Dyane Nomad,Dyane 6,2CV AZL,Falcon S,Trabant P50,3x Land Rovers (88" series 1,109" series 2a FFR,series 2a Marshall ambulance),DKW F7, Lambretta LD150 x 1.5,Mobylette SP93,Ural Cossack,Ural M63,CZ 250 Sport,Honda Varadero 125,lots of bicycles & tricycles including (but not only) Sunbeams,Higgins & Bates!
RxBX
Over 2k

Post by RxBX »

citsncycles wrote:If it's flagged as such with DVLA it will most likely result in increased insurance premiums.
Mike, I not saying that would always be the case but some insurance company's are reluctant (From my experience) or are not even prepared to insure you !

Those that will, in the event of say another total claim/loss (vehicles having had a previous insurance total value/loss payout) will therefore not pay the same out as a 'Normal valued vehicle' that has never had a cat. C or D marker against them !

Also I must stress that my dealings/experience has been with my XM 2.5TD VSX which had the lesser cat. 'D' marker on it which it has currently two against it now thro' incidents which I was not to blame for :twisted:

The last incident was when it was just parked up on the road outside my house (locked up,stationary and I wasn't even in the vehicle) when it got hit by a woman driver of a big Jeep Cherokee !

:lol:

jeremyC5
BXpert

Post by jeremyC5 »

Interesting !

I had a cat C car once, but the insurance company never asked me and I never voluteered the information, I assumed they would know from the records.
My insurance didn't seem to be higher, but I'm not sure what it would have been had it not been a cat C.
C5 x 1
Ford 100E - Red x 2
Herald 12/50 x 1
Simon B
BXpert

Post by Simon B »

jeremyC5 wrote:Interesting !

I had a cat C car once, but the insurance company never asked me and I never voluteered the information, I assumed they would know from the records.
My insurance didn't seem to be higher, but I'm not sure what it would have been had it not been a cat C.
I owned THIS car in 2009, and then it was insured on my existing Footman James policy for nothing extra!

I guess it is a "Sporty GTi" which might impact younger drivers?

When I bought in in 2009 from the owners who had had the "write off" incident they said they had a very slow speed rear end shunt at a roundabout which cracked the rear bumper, no other damage. Just a cracked bumper on a car valued around £300 caused a write off, of an otherwise good car :cry: . They bought the car back, bought and fitted a replacement bumper from a scrap yard, and got the DVLA to re-identify it again. When I had the car the rear end was it particularly good original condition so I believed the story.
Have
1971 Dyane - This IS the ONE :D
2006 C5 Exclusive V6
Had
Xantia, BX19 GTI, Dyane, BX14RE, AX, 2 x Visa 652, Dyane
jeremyC5
BXpert

Post by jeremyC5 »

Simon B wrote:

I owned THIS car in 2009, and then it was insured on my existing Footman James policy for nothing extra!

When I bought in in 2009 from the owners who had had the "write off" incident they said they had a very slow speed rear end shunt at a roundabout which cracked the rear bumper, no other damage. Just a cracked bumper on a car valued around £300 caused a write off, of an otherwise good car :cry: . They bought the car back, bought and fitted a replacement bumper from a scrap yard, and got the DVLA to re-identify it again. When I had the car the rear end was it particularly good original condition so I believed the story.
This IS NOT the car I was referring to, I did NOT ever have a "sporty GTi" Dyane. Is this not an oxymoron - is this not the epiphany of an oxymoron ?!! - a sporty Dyane ??

It sounded like you were referring to the car I had, so just wanted to make it clear that it was not the car I used to own.
C5 x 1
Ford 100E - Red x 2
Herald 12/50 x 1
Simon B
BXpert

Post by Simon B »

jeremyC5 wrote:
Simon B wrote:

This IS NOT the car I was referring to, I did NOT ever have a "sporty GTi" Dyane. Is this not an oxymoron - is this not the epiphany of an oxymoron ?!! - a sporty Dyane ??

It sounded like you were referring to the car I had, so just wanted to make it clear that it was not the car I used to own.
My comments were referring directly to the specific subject of THIS thread, the BX GTi on eBay, which I owned in 2009.
Have
1971 Dyane - This IS the ONE :D
2006 C5 Exclusive V6
Had
Xantia, BX19 GTI, Dyane, BX14RE, AX, 2 x Visa 652, Dyane
jeremyC5
BXpert

Post by jeremyC5 »

Simon B wrote:
jeremyC5 wrote:
Simon B wrote: I owned THIS car in 2009, and then it was insured on my existing Footman James policy for nothing extra!

My comments were referring directly to the specific subject of THIS thread, the BX GTi on eBay, which I owned in 2009.

Arh Yes, thank you, the one up for sale, I forgot to re-read the title of the thread #-o
C5 x 1
Ford 100E - Red x 2
Herald 12/50 x 1