1989 Citroen BX 1.6RE (white) for sale.

Advertise your car for sale here. No parts or eBay spots in here please.
ChrisC

1989 Citroen BX 1.6RE (white) for sale.

Post by ChrisC »

Hi there

I am selling "Snowy" my 1989 BX 1.6RE (petrol). This has been owned from new by my family (2 owners my father and I).

Please see pictures at:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/115621534@ ... 218752364/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The car is not pristine and there are some good and bad points to be made.

Until 2010 this car was in regular use, bu was then usurped by a Xantia. It was until then always professionally maintained - I have receipts for work going back to 2000 and the original purchase receipt! It has done 125,000 miles, but at 106,000 it had a replacement engine from Dutch company Vege. (This was due to me driving it from Rotherham to London without any water in the radiator).

Since then it has not been MOT'd or taxed.

In 2010 the carburettor was refurbished (all the bearings etc replaced) and refitted as I had trouble sourcing a new one.
Also around then it had a replacement lockset (full - doors, glove box) as the previous ignition lock was worn out.

The front door hinges have been rewelded, thus curing that problem, but there is rust around the nearside rear door, which will need attention. There is also a crack in the rear bumper.

The original seats were replaced with ones from a GTI as they were collapsing (mainly the driver one).

It comes with a new front bumper - painted to match - which has never been fitted, a couple of spare rear lights, fog lights and a carburettor which didn't fit, but could do if the manifold was changed.

It starts up OK (with the help of jump leads when cold), goes up and down and I took it for a little ride up and down the road a month ago and it seemed fine.

I think that this car would make a good project for a BX enthusiast with a modicum of equipment - probably the discs need skimming and stuff like that, and a good look over. It seems to lose water a bit - though slowly.

I am not really sure what to ask - perhaps people might make suggestions or offers. I am hoping to sell it quite quickly due to impending holiday.

Please feel free to ask questions and so on, I'll go through the receipts in more detail if asked for more info over when things were last replaced.

I am at home most days at the moment for viewing if requested.

I may put this up on ebay as well - depending on interest here.

thanks

Chris
Attachments
DSC_3950.jpg
rutter123
Over 2k
My Cars: 90 Bx Tzd turbo ven red 295k
74 D Super 5 black
05 Volvo V50 2.0d 180k
65 Peugeot Boxer work van 280k

Re: 1989 Citroen BX 1.6RE (white) for sale.

Post by rutter123 »

Unfortunately only worth the scrap value without a current mot, and not the most popular model being a 16 petrol, would it not be worth your while to put a ticket on it and prob triple its worth? Sadly bx's without a current mot regardless of model have no real value, maybe breaking it would render a few more pounds, 16's seem to be the hardest to shift, and of late has seen quite a few on sale. No space here for any more but good luck with the sale.
90 BX Tzd turbo 294k SORN undergoing major surgery
90 BX Tzd turbo estate 46k awaiting surgery
65 Peugeot Boxer Van the new workhorse
52 Toyota Rav4 180k Bulletproof Jap reliability
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Rutter is right sadly, unless its a 16v or Turbo D any BX without a MOT is worth what you would fetch in scrap value. Breaking it wouldnt make much cash as theres not many 1.6 petrol models on here and the RE had a different head and carb set up to the other models so wouldnt fit them.

Quite a rare model though, where are you located, and I do think trying to get her MOT'ed would be worth while.

BX's are in the limbo land where they are a banger classic which can still be bought for next to nothing where really special examples may get towards £1500-2000.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
ChrisC

Post by ChrisC »

Thanks for your replies,

I will look into an MOT - what could I ask for if it had one? - I would need to balance the cost vs reward equation.

I am in Orpinton, SE London\Kent

Chris
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Probably about £500 with .
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
ChrisC

Post by ChrisC »

Hi there

thanks again for the information, I will leave it till I get back from holiday and look into MOT then (probably May), as it will all be to much of a rush.

Chris