Anyone Heard From Richard in Keighley

Anything about BXs
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Anyone Heard From Richard in Keighley

Post by Tim Leech »

I have two wings to collect from him, and hes not answering my messages, I understand someone else on here has purchased some trims from here before Christmas and he hasnt posted them either..... :roll:
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
mat_fenwick

Re: Anyone Heard From Richard in Keighley

Post by mat_fenwick »

It's of no help, but I went over there in November to pick up a bumper for Kitch. He'd arranged the date with Richard and paid for the bumper, but despite many emails didn't give the address! After a bit of detective work the day before, I found out where he lived and went round. Rang the doorbell - no answer. As I was about to leave I banged on the door, partly in frustration and to my surprise he is in.

Very friendly and apologetic that the bumper is not actually there, but at his Dad's house, where there is no-one in and he can't leave the house to take me there. So I offer to drive there on my own as the shed it's in is unlocked. He mentions the other hoard of parts there so I take his phone number so if there is anything I fancy, I can phone him and arrange a price. When I arrive there are a few bits that would be useful to me, so I phone him and get "This number has not been recognised". Great! So I had take a few bits, and leave him £20 or so as payment.

Good luck with getting in contact...

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
mds141
Over 2k

Post by mds141 »

Strange really. I've bought some bits n pieces off Richard before and always found him very open and accommodating.

Personal problems perhaps.

It's very easy to speculate without knowing the true facts, so I'll reserve judgment for the time being.
Mark Smith

Is it just me or is everything shit?

1989 BX GTi 16 valve. Blanc Alpine. Completed the Citroen Classic Challenge Ecosse and 1337 miles without a hitch.
2000 XM VSX 2.1 td Auto. Rouge Magenta.
TGD saloon many years ago.

1990 Swift 'Corniche' 12/2 aka BXClub HQ.
Honda Firestorm. Gone, but not forgotten.
2015 Triumph Tiger Explorer XC.
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

I hope my post wasn't coming across as knocking him - I've only met him very briefly a couple of times but he came across as genuinely incredibly scatterbrained rather than deliberately avoiding contact. Or, like you say, reasons which we don't know about. At least if things are paid for via Paypal, nobody here should be out of pocket as they seem quick to find in favour of the buyer.

1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
mds141
Over 2k

Post by mds141 »

mat_fenwick wrote:I hope my post wasn't coming across as knocking him - I've only met him very briefly a couple of times but he came across as genuinely incredibly scatterbrained rather than deliberately avoiding contact. Or, like you say, reasons which we don't know about. At least if things are paid for via Paypal, nobody here should be out of pocket as they seem quick to find in favour of the buyer.
No, not at all Mat. I'm aware of some Richard 'bashing' on BXC in the past, but I wasn't inferring you were doing the same at all. :-)
Mark Smith

1989 BX GTi 16 valve. Blanc Alpine. Completed the Citroen Classic Challenge Ecosse and 1337 miles without a hitch.

Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Ive met him a few times and he seems a nice guy, but when he bought a Mk1 front bumper (probably the one Kitch has) it took him 3 months to pay for it and turn up!

Some people are like that, they think if they ignore something it goes away, I know a few!

Its only £10 worth of two wings but if I need to raise a claim I will but id rather not.
adamskibx
BXpert

Post by adamskibx »

I've done the same to him..,.He won some 2cv seats from me around a year ago and I still haven't delivered them as promised, mainly because the North is so far and I haven't had a chance to go up there for years now... Hopefully this isn't some kind of mass retaliation! I'm sure it's not. If he's anything like me he'll have optimistically good intentions which don't come to fruition out of the "skatterbrain effect"...
really?
BXpert

Post by really? »

Hi, would this be richard 1652, listed as liviing in Skipton, not a million miles from Keighley.

If so we won two bid items before christmas, paid for them and postage and have still not received them. No reply to e-mails either. Fortunately didn't pay much for them but that is beside the point.

Also looked into his history and he hasn't sent any of the winning bidders their items since before christmas.

As a result also left him very negative feedback.

Would advise never buy anything from him in the future. :evil: :twisted: :evil:
jamescarruthers
BXpert

Post by jamescarruthers »

Yes, that's the same one "really?". He's did exactly the same to me just before Christmas and hasn't sent me the wheel trims (£27.95 inc postage). I don't know if you have already but you need to open a case against him with eBay if you want to get your money back with the ebay/PayPal guarantee. I'd prefer my wheel trims to the money back, but if he doesn't reply by 7th Feb I get my money back automatically.

I'm just telling you this as you have a limited time to open the case, in fact it may have expired already.

Good luck, and I hope we all get our stuff. Its not mega bucks just things we need for out little BX's that are hard to find.

I got his number from eBay and spoke to him once after the new year and he did have some stress with his parents moving in with him and said he would post ASAP. There is now no reply to any phone calls and his voice mail is full. So, clearly there is something going on in his life that explains this a bit, however, previous reputation doesn't look too good!
Last edited by jamescarruthers on Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1987 Volvo 480 ES
2006 Citroen C6 Exclusive 3.0 petrol/LPG

Previous BX's:
A966 XRL -- BX 16 TRS
H767 BEG -- BX 14 TGE
B316 AMP -- BX 14 E
citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

I ended up with Fred because he'd won him last spring then never contacted the seller. He seems to have moved from BX's to CX's then 2CV's, and he's busy clearing them out now!

I tried getting information off him about the Digit he was selling a couple of years back and it was like pulling teeth! I got the info from another member who'd seen the car before he'd aquired it in the end!
Mike Sims
BX 19RD Estate Mk1 - Timex!
BX 4X4 Estate - Oh god, I've done it again!
BX 17RD MK1 - it called to me!
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
XM Turbo SD,GS Club Estate,Visa 17D Leader,HY Pickup,Dyane Nomad,Dyane 6,2CV AZL,Falcon S,Trabant P50,3x Land Rovers (88" series 1,109" series 2a FFR,series 2a Marshall ambulance),DKW F7, Lambretta LD150 x 1.5,Mobylette SP93,Ural Cossack,Ural M63,CZ 250 Sport,Honda Varadero 125,lots of bicycles & tricycles including (but not only) Sunbeams,Higgins & Bates!
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

I got a refund from eBay as he still didn't respond, although he's still been selling stuff since and by the looks of it only posted some of it, disgraceful!
jeremyC5
BXpert

Post by jeremyC5 »

Mat,
I will be going up there soon.
If you give me His and his Dad's address, I can go and visit.

If anyone has parts they would like me to try and buy from him, I'll make up a list and try to get some bits.

I sometimes live in Colne, just down the road from Skipton and Keighley.
C5 x 1
Ford 100E - Red x 2
Herald 12/50 x 1
jamescarruthers
BXpert

Post by jamescarruthers »

He is a liar, a cheat and thief and I'd recommend you have absolutely nothing to do with him.

He promised 4 times to send my stuff and on the fifth occasion he said he had sent it, nearly three months later, 1 day before the last day of my eBay case running out.

This last promise was 1 day before the eBay money back guarantee expired. Luckily, I knew he was a liar by this point and got my money back anyway. The point is, that he must have knew the date was coming up and said he's sent it hoping I'd let the case expire and he'd get to keep my money.

If you have been screwed by him, remember you can get his telephone number from eBay if you request it. Also, if you Google him you can see find out where he lives too.

An utter utter time wasting lying, cheating, thieving bastard.

If anyone wants his contact details, you can contact me if you like.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
1987 Volvo 480 ES
2006 Citroen C6 Exclusive 3.0 petrol/LPG

Previous BX's:
A966 XRL -- BX 16 TRS
H767 BEG -- BX 14 TGE
B316 AMP -- BX 14 E
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

jeremyC5 wrote:If you give me His and his Dad's address, I can go and visit.
PM sent.

1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
mds141
Over 2k

Post by mds141 »

jamescarruthers wrote:He is a liar, a cheat and thief and I'd recommend you have absolutely nothing to do with him.

He promised 4 times to send my stuff and on the fifth occasion he said he had sent it, nearly three months later, 1 day before the last day of my eBay case running out.

This last promise was 1 day before the eBay money back guarantee expired. Luckily, I knew he was a liar by this point and got my money back anyway. The point is, that he must have knew the date was coming up and said he's sent it hoping I'd let the case expire and he'd get to keep my money.

If you have been screwed by him, remember you can get his telephone number from eBay if you request it. Also, if you Google him you can see find out where he lives too.

An utter utter time wasting lying, cheating, thieving bastard.

If anyone wants his contact details, you can contact me if you like.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
Just be careful what is said on a public forum.
Mark Smith