Window stickers update

Anything about BXs
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Re: Window stickers update

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Not sure any exist now - it was a while ago! Maybe it's time for the club to have some made? I can provide artwork of course (but Paul has a nice sense of what needs doing - I understood a site redesign/logotype was being done??)...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Ill be up for some and happy to chuck some money into the pot..
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
mds141
Over 2k

Post by mds141 »

I've got an unused one if Phil needs it as a reference.
Mark Smith

Is it just me or is everything shit?

1989 BX GTi 16 valve. Blanc Alpine. Completed the Citroen Classic Challenge Ecosse and 1337 miles without a hitch.
2000 XM VSX 2.1 td Auto. Rouge Magenta.
TGD saloon many years ago.

1990 Swift 'Corniche' 12/2 aka BXClub HQ.
Honda Firestorm. Gone, but not forgotten.
2015 Triumph Tiger Explorer XC.
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

I too would be up for more as i keep collecting more BXs.

Andy
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

I can gather together the original artwork for the one you have Mark, I think: It's the white large lettering flanked by red block chevrons I'm guessing. That lettering was drawn from original Citroen lettering so is still a good choice.

I can't get the stickers made as the company aren't here anymore so will have to ask someone else here to sort it. Sorry. As it is I've got to try to find a good place for the Challenge plaques.
Paul296
Over 2k
My Cars: Citroen BX 17 TZD Hurricane
Citroen BX 17 TGD

Post by Paul296 »

Philip Chidlow wrote:Not sure any exist now - it was a while ago! Maybe it's time for the club to have some made? I can provide artwork of course (but Paul has a nice sense of what needs doing - I understood a site redesign/logotype was being done??)...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'll have a word with Sandre about what we have in club funds (after the NEC it's probably a beer bottle top and a fag packet), then I'll post up some sticker designs and let folks decide which one looks best. I'm halfway through a 'corporate makeover' ready for a new website to run alongside the forum, but we got rather stitched up by the last web designer and we're back to square one. As it happens I spoke to another web designer today who has agreed to help with the whole thing for a very reasonable sum, though again I need to see Sandre about what funds are available - watch this space I'm on the case.

P.S. Just saw your post Phil - shall we just do a re-run of the old sticker? Below are the designs I used for all the NEC material.

lee3

Post by lee3 »

Ok I'm excited now! Lol
If its a funds thing am happy to put some money in the pot in advance if this helps :-)
Lee
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Go with the more recent stuff. Aller de l'avant!
Paul296
Over 2k
Citroen BX 17 TGD

Post by Paul296 »

If everyone's agreeable I'll try and find a sticker making place and get a costing for a batch - I'll get an equal amount of each one made up and flog them as a set - how does that sound?
mds141
Over 2k

Post by mds141 »

If we go with a new design, does that mean that my old one will be worth some money? :-D
Mark Smith

Is it just me or is everything shit?

1989 BX GTi 16 valve. Blanc Alpine. Completed the Citroen Classic Challenge Ecosse and 1337 miles without a hitch.
2000 XM VSX 2.1 td Auto. Rouge Magenta.
TGD saloon many years ago.

1990 Swift 'Corniche' 12/2 aka BXClub HQ.
Honda Firestorm. Gone, but not forgotten.
2015 Triumph Tiger Explorer XC.
Paul296
Over 2k
Citroen BX 17 TGD

Post by Paul296 »

mds141 wrote:If we go with a new design, does that mean that my old one will be worth some money? :-D
No
lee3

Post by lee3 »

I'm a happy man :-)
Thanks paul 296
Stinkwheel
1K Away

Post by Stinkwheel »

Put me down for stickers and if possible money into the pot too, just let me know how :)
Doctor Of Gonzo Journalism!!!
93 BX TZD Estate
90 BX 14TE St Tropez
93 BX 19 TXD Estate
92 BX 16TXi
77 Ami 8 Break
79 Acadiane
81 Dyane6
84 2CV6
85 GSA saloon rally car
To slightly mis-quote Kitch ... "BX 14. They're just brilliant!"
Paul296
Over 2k
Citroen BX 17 TGD

Post by Paul296 »

Okee dokee - I've had a word with Sandre and there is a couple of bob in the club funds (but only a couple of bob). I've just submitted the details of the stickers to an organisation called 'solopress' and they're going to get back to me with a price this afternoon.

What follows is a general 'begging letter' message. If anyone would like to make a contribution to club funds the paypal address is: bxclubuk@gmail.co.uk

In order for the club to expand and actually do things, we do need a bit of dosh (not a great deal - but some). I've recently had a quote of £200 to set up a new website, plus we also need to renew our public liability insurance and purchase promotional material for club events, rallies and the NEC. A suggested donation would be £15, but that's in no way a prescription - a couple of quid is fine but then so is . . . substantially more (!) - it's up to you. I think I speak for everyone when I say that I'd much prefer the club to run on a goodwill basis rather than the introduction of a subscription with the inevitable political rubbish that follows on. Having said that, we do need 'goodwill' to make the club a viable and nationally visible set-up and give the BX the kind of profile I'm sure we all think it deserves.

I'm willing to chip in a fair amount to make the website happen: I think a central hub for info, pics, event reports, brochure downloads etc. that can't be accommodated by the forum is really important, if you agree see above re: 'goodwill'!

Anyway, it's up to all of us what kind of club we want to make it, and whether the BX remains a forlorn banger bargain or shiny and respected member of the classic car community (bit of emotional blackmail there). So there you have it - basically, put your hand in your pocket you tight wads! :D
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Me please!
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....