Anyone got a spare wheel near Gloucester?Now sorted, thanks.

Anything about BXs
adamskibx
BXpert

Re: Emergency request-anyone got a spare wheel near Gloucest

Post by adamskibx »

Thanks for that; I will check the others but know already that this was the only extremely old one. The car was totally stable after the incident and I was able to safely coast into the hard shoulder.
Thread Bear
1K Away

Re: Emergency request-anyone got a spare wheel near Gloucest

Post by Thread Bear »

Ah, happy memories of Trabants on East German remoulds. Little more than a 30 year old crossply casing with a tread glued on with black Bostic. I have cornered hard and found the tread worked, sadly the glue did not, leaving the tracking, eer, confused. Another few occasions the tread overtook the car giving some notice of impending doom, and time for a Atkinsonian :shock: 'Oh bugger'. Far more entertaining than just blowing out and frightened the contents of your colon into your underpants :oops: (I had a supply of 30 year old ones stashed for Trabbi delivery driving. They often came free with the car stuffed behind the trim cards as insulation along with a set of tyre levers. Handy for dealing with used undergarments but not always so good at removing tyres if made out of case hardened cheese) :lol: .

Light destroys tyres, if kept in the dark, you never want intelligent tyres, they last longer .
Miguel - 16 TRS Auto S, light blue, 43k miles - £450
Pluto - 14 E S, White, 105k Miles - in work
Egbert - 19 16v Gti, White, A/C & Leather, - Keeper
Walt - 17 TZD Turbo S, graphite, 70k miles, good op extras - Keeper
Scraper- 17 TZD Turbo E, blue, 208k miles - parts
Homer - 19 TXD E, Red, 189k miles - £250
Gary - 17 TZD Turbo E, 118k miles - in work

'87 Trooper, Borgwards, Saabs, MG ZB, Bellamy Trials, Fiat Jolly & Bianchina, Goggo Dart, Messerschmitt, Heinkel, Bubblecars
adamskibx
BXpert

Re: Anyone got a spare wheel near Gloucester?Now sorted, tha

Post by adamskibx »

Intelligent tyres - certainly food for thought!I don't see that a blowout or indeed a change of wheels could affect the tracking, unless the tyre pressures have changed, but even then I don't see how a tyre change could have altered the position of the wheel in relation to road wheels. Also, I now don't think it could be the hardy disk as that would leave some free play. Now, it is actually a thousand times better to drive and it does not pull to the left like it did.
Thread Bear
1K Away

Re: Anyone got a spare wheel near Gloucester?Now sorted, tha

Post by Thread Bear »

Pulls to the left? Not a red car is it. Hiss, boo! :lol:
Miguel - 16 TRS Auto S, light blue, 43k miles - £450
Pluto - 14 E S, White, 105k Miles - in work
Egbert - 19 16v Gti, White, A/C & Leather, - Keeper
Walt - 17 TZD Turbo S, graphite, 70k miles, good op extras - Keeper
Scraper- 17 TZD Turbo E, blue, 208k miles - parts
Homer - 19 TXD E, Red, 189k miles - £250
Gary - 17 TZD Turbo E, 118k miles - in work

'87 Trooper, Borgwards, Saabs, MG ZB, Bellamy Trials, Fiat Jolly & Bianchina, Goggo Dart, Messerschmitt, Heinkel, Bubblecars