Autumn Weekend Scotland

Here members post meetings, events, meet ups and the like
Bill

Autumn Weekend Scotland

Post by Bill »

I hope that some BXers may consider coming to the Autumn Weekend being held in Scotland, all Citroen enthusiasts will be made most welcome. The event has taken place for the last two years, and this year we're hoping to fill a good portion of the hotel with attendees.
Early booking recommended, especially as it's 10% discount till the end of February.
Details as follows:

Join all Citroen Enthusiasts for a 2 or 3 day break on the beautiful banks of Loch Lomond. There is something to suit everyone here from nightly entertainment to quiet chat. Quality shopping only 20 minutes away and scenic runs for those who wish to explore further afield.
Robert Cunningham has very kindly organised this weekend and it would be great to have a good turnout.
We are staying at The Tarbet Hotel on Loch Lomond arriving on Friday 31st October. Most folk stay for 3 nights but a 2 night break is available as well. There is an early booking code which gives a 10% discount if you book before 28th February. Prices are as follow:
£84.00 for 3 nights per person Dinner, bed and breakfast.
£69.00 for 2 nights per person Dinner, bed and breakfast.
Early Booking Code is DSD 352
Booking is done by calling Shearings on 0844 499 5775 or online at http://www.shearingshotels.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

On a 3 night stay this works out at approx £21 per person DB&B which is fantastic value and we also get vouchers for 4 free drinks per person on the Saturday night!

If you do decide to join us for the weekend could you please let Robert know so we can keep track of numbers.
E mail: rwcfiringon2@gmail dot com (dot is .)
Tel: 0 1 3 1 4 4 9 4 4 4 9
Mobile: 07799 477354
mds141
Over 2k

Re: Autumn Weekend Scotland

Post by mds141 »

Sounds nice. Is this the famous 'concrete camping' weekend?
Mark Smith

Is it just me or is everything shit?

1989 BX GTi 16 valve. Blanc Alpine. Completed the Citroen Classic Challenge Ecosse and 1337 miles without a hitch.
2000 XM VSX 2.1 td Auto. Rouge Magenta.
TGD saloon many years ago.

1990 Swift 'Corniche' 12/2 aka BXClub HQ.
Honda Firestorm. Gone, but not forgotten.
2015 Triumph Tiger Explorer XC.
Bill

Post by Bill »

It is indeed the descendant of Concrete Camping, which started as a 2cv Ecosse event, then last year successfully joined with CCC and following another successful event is now hoping to attract all Citroen enthusiasts.
Having attended the previous two I can highly recommend the event, and it is amazing value. It would be great to have some BXs there.
mds141
Over 2k

Post by mds141 »

I've just booked myself a room. £91 for the three nights inc the single supplement. Cracking value. :)
Mark Smith

Is it just me or is everything shit?

1989 BX GTi 16 valve. Blanc Alpine. Completed the Citroen Classic Challenge Ecosse and 1337 miles without a hitch.
2000 XM VSX 2.1 td Auto. Rouge Magenta.
TGD saloon many years ago.

1990 Swift 'Corniche' 12/2 aka BXClub HQ.
Honda Firestorm. Gone, but not forgotten.
2015 Triumph Tiger Explorer XC.
Bill

Post by Bill »

Really glad to hear that Mark. We booked today too.
It's been really good there the past two years, good breakfast and dinner too. Plenty for everyone whether they want evening entertainment or just to chat in a quieter lounge. We'll get out and plan a couple of interesting runs for those who fancy, plenty of shopping nearby and great walking opportunities too.
We've taken about a third to a half of the hotel in the past, be great if it's Citroen Hotel this year.
Bill

Post by Bill »

The hotel is getting quite full, so anyone considering attending would be well advised to book soon, anyone who has recently tried to book and been told it's already full will find that a few more rooms have become available. If you have problems booking please contact Robert as above.