H668 BHR

Anything about BXs
Thread Bear
1K Away

H668 BHR

Post by Thread Bear »

Just found my cost sheets to one of my previous BX. Red 17 TZD Hatchback, B 668 BHR. Bought from an Estate around Stroud where it had been used as a taxi. So I looked it up on DVlA. Records show inactive.
I sold it to a guy from either Kington or Knighton on the Welsh boarder after using it for a while to sort my green Estate out. Apparently that was in April 2010, which sounds nearer than I remember. Might be that I dated the stuff into the following years accounts for the loss 8) .
Wonder if it is with a member?

I know where my other cars went. Half one is still going with half another. One RTAed and another scrapped.
Miguel - 16 TRS Auto S, light blue, 43k miles - £450
Pluto - 14 E S, White, 105k Miles - in work
Egbert - 19 16v Gti, White, A/C & Leather, - Keeper
Walt - 17 TZD Turbo S, graphite, 70k miles, good op extras - Keeper
Scraper- 17 TZD Turbo E, blue, 208k miles - parts
Homer - 19 TXD E, Red, 189k miles - £250
Gary - 17 TZD Turbo E, 118k miles - in work

'87 Trooper, Borgwards, Saabs, MG ZB, Bellamy Trials, Fiat Jolly & Bianchina, Goggo Dart, Messerschmitt, Heinkel, Bubblecars
Way2go
Over 2k

Re: H668 BHR

Post by Way2go »

Thread Bear wrote:I know where my other cars went. Half one is still going with half another.
Cut & Shut? [-X :wink:
1991 BX19GTi Auto
Thread Bear
1K Away

Post by Thread Bear »

No sold off to a bud. Engine, parts and, ahem, ID, on another identical bodyshell that was better and no cracked screen. Thus getting rid of an existing ID with outstanding tickets and pics on it to John Smith, a traveling gentleman [-X . John did not want to be stopped and prove who he was, as he was not John, if you get my drift :-$ . The actual remains were picked over and scrapped. Not totally sure who owns this effort now. But it will be in a group unless they have taken a risk. Could be fun if I see it again 8-[ !

'87 Trooper, Borgwards, Saabs, MG ZB, Bellamy Trials, Fiat Jolly & Bianchina, Goggo Dart, Messerschmitt, Heinkel, Bubblecars
citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

My first BX went the same way, but for different reasons. Not long after I sold it the belt (which I told him needed doing) failed while running flat out on the M5. The guy bought a complete car out the local scrappy to pull the engine from then break for spares, but decided it was easier to swap the plates etc instead.
Mike Sims
BX 19RD Estate Mk1 - Timex!
BX 4X4 Estate - Oh god, I've done it again!
BX 17RD MK1 - it called to me!
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
XM Turbo SD,GS Club Estate,Visa 17D Leader,HY Pickup,Dyane Nomad,Dyane 6,2CV AZL,Falcon S,Trabant P50,3x Land Rovers (88" series 1,109" series 2a FFR,series 2a Marshall ambulance),DKW F7, Lambretta LD150 x 1.5,Mobylette SP93,Ural Cossack,Ural M63,CZ 250 Sport,Honda Varadero 125,lots of bicycles & tricycles including (but not only) Sunbeams,Higgins & Bates!
rabbercelt
Confirmed BX'er

Post by rabbercelt »

yes,I bought it from you in 2010.I had many suspension fluid loss issues with it,then broken cam belt,diesel pump death and fatigued front subframe along with body rust problems,and the river severn coming through the roof or so it felt!)every time it rained.In summer 2012,I cut my losses and Broke it.Quite a few people on this forum had parts and I kept some myself.I still have the tailgate.In all I did about 25000 miles with it .
Thread Bear
1K Away

Post by Thread Bear »

Oh dear, it did not turn out to well then, despite the mileage covered during ownership, the issues got in the way. Have you still got BX or did that finish your interest? I hope not.

rabbercelt
Confirmed BX'er

Post by rabbercelt »

I bought another bx in July 2012-no issues until NOV 13 ,when the diesel fuel pump failed,and I stripped an injector thread in the head when changing from lucas to bosch.I dont have cover so its now sornd awaiting parts and better weather.
In the meantime-a Berlingo.
Thread Bear
1K Away

Post by Thread Bear »

Stripped thread/broken component on the head is one of my fears, even the rotten pre heaters, which are made not to last, it seems. Of course if you contract out you have someone to blame, which might be of use, but if you do it yourself, well its just a bad day all round. It certainly has not been weather to stuff outside.

rabbercelt
Confirmed BX'er

Post by rabbercelt »

yes-I dont have the money to 'contract out' and I have been slowed down by an inlet manifold allen bolt which has rounded off ,if only a week of today's weather was around the corner.Mind you I quite like the Berlingo.