Anything about BXs
Defender110
Over 2k
My Cars: Land Rover Discovery Series 1 200tdi 3 door
Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5
2020 Fiat Panda cross 4x4 twin air.

Re: Anyone Heard From Richard in Keighley

Post by Defender110 »

He was a gentleman and a scholar when I dealt with him. Walk a mile in his shoes before you slate him James.
Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
2003 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5 - Daily driver / hobby days and camping.
1993 Land Rover Discovery 200tdi Series 1 3 door - in need of TLC
2020 Fiat Panda 4x4 Cross Twin Air.
RxBX
Over 2k

Post by RxBX »

Defender110 wrote:He was a gentleman and a scholar when I dealt with him. Walk a mile in his shoes before you slate him James.
:wink:

Kevan, Have you seen his recent E-bay 'Negative' feedback as 'richardd1652' or 'triumphtr7man' ?

I also note that against both user names it has the annotation 'Not a registered user' so hopefully no-one will get 'Skanked no more' (Unless he starts up again with a new user ID) !

:lol:

jamescarruthers
BXpert

Post by jamescarruthers »

Why the f**k should I be careful about what I say on a public forum! The PUBLIC should be aware of a scammer plain and simple.

We, the BX club and Citroen enthusiasts, are the people he is going to do out of money and time over and over again.

I'll take this opportunity to SLATE him one more time.

Why list loads of stuff on eBay then take in a load of cash only to keep the goods and the cash. Thank God for eBay's buyer guarantee scheme. What has really wound me up is that I gave him maximum time at each stage of getting my money back as he kept saying he would send the stuff and then LIED and said he had sent it.
1987 Volvo 480 ES
2006 Citroen C6 Exclusive 3.0 petrol/LPG

Previous BX's:
A966 XRL -- BX 16 TRS
H767 BEG -- BX 14 TGE
B316 AMP -- BX 14 E
mds141
Over 2k

Post by mds141 »

I don't feel that a public forum is the place to wage a war of words against an individual. Some of the things that have been said against Richard are potentially slanderous. I advise caution.
Mark Smith

Is it just me or is everything shit?

1989 BX GTi 16 valve. Blanc Alpine. Completed the Citroen Classic Challenge Ecosse and 1337 miles without a hitch.
2000 XM VSX 2.1 td Auto. Rouge Magenta.
TGD saloon many years ago.

1990 Swift 'Corniche' 12/2 aka BXClub HQ.
Honda Firestorm. Gone, but not forgotten.
2015 Triumph Tiger Explorer XC.
demag
BXpert

Post by demag »

I had some dealings with him a long time ago. I think he may have some problems and yes I know it's a pain when you've paid for items you don't receive. But on the other hand I seem to remember he saved quite a few cars that might now be washing machines had it not been for his intervention.
Dave.

2004 C5 Exclusive Estate 2.2hdi automatic.
1990 Bx TGS automatic.
jamescarruthers
BXpert

Post by jamescarruthers »

mds141 wrote:I don't feel that a public forum is the place to wage a war of words against an individual. Some of the things that have been said against Richard are potentially slanderous. I advise caution.
Get a grip!

It's a WARNING to the good people on here. Aren't we supposed to try and look out for each other?

I didn't know he was triumphtr7 man too-- that really takes the biscuit. He sold my previous BX to its previous owner and he was very annoyed at his eBay description and the state of the car (disgusting) when he got it.
1987 Volvo 480 ES
2006 Citroen C6 Exclusive 3.0 petrol/LPG

Previous BX's:
A966 XRL -- BX 16 TRS
H767 BEG -- BX 14 TGE
B316 AMP -- BX 14 E
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

I think the point has been made now, whatever the reasons behind it. People can make up their own minds, but I'd always advise caution when buying parts blind. Just because someone is a forum member doesn't automatically make them trustworthy, although fellow enthusiasts are usually a safe bet, you would hope!

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

I can understand your frustration James - he sounds a bit hopeless to be honest. But calling him a thief? Has he actually stolen anything from you? You bought some bits, you say he lied about sending then, you got a refund.

Sorry - I didn't really finish this post. My conclusion is that he's not one of life's winners, but I'm not sure he really deserves such hard words. I make my own judgement based on stuff he's been selling. The 2CVs were pretty dreadful and were not accurately described, so I wouldn't rush to buy a car he was selling.
Last edited by Dollywobbler on Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mds141
Over 2k

Post by mds141 »

jamescarruthers wrote:
mds141 wrote:I don't feel that a public forum is the place to wage a war of words against an individual. Some of the things that have been said against Richard are potentially slanderous. I advise caution.
Get a grip!

It's a WARNING to the good people on here. Aren't we supposed to try and look out for each other?

I didn't know he was triumphtr7 man too-- that really takes the biscuit. He sold my previous BX to its previous owner and he was very annoyed at his eBay description and the state of the car (disgusting) when he got it.
I don't feel that I need to 'get a grip'. Personally I feel I've got a rather grounded view of reality. :-)
Mark Smith

Is it just me or is everything shit?

1989 BX GTi 16 valve. Blanc Alpine. Completed the Citroen Classic Challenge Ecosse and 1337 miles without a hitch.
2000 XM VSX 2.1 td Auto. Rouge Magenta.
TGD saloon many years ago.

1990 Swift 'Corniche' 12/2 aka BXClub HQ.
Honda Firestorm. Gone, but not forgotten.
2015 Triumph Tiger Explorer XC.
MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

Fight!! The conclusion drawn here is that there is a vast range of experiences had by people, some great, others terrible. In my book there is no excuse for not keeping someone informed of any issues in not being able to send items that have been paid for on time. Thats my opinion as well, so nergh!! haha...
2002 C5 2.0 HDI Estate - Jasmine - Now SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - My daily
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired.
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

I'm not just a username, i'm also called Matthew.
jeremyC5
BXpert

Post by jeremyC5 »

Thank you for highlighting this 'trader' to our attention
To put his ebay activity into context:

ebay feedback as richardd1652: 9 negatives out of 48 (7 buyers out of 50 sales)
ebay feedback as triumphtr7man: 4 negatives out of 50.

This guy obviously got banned from ebay, and that's what should have happened.
Don't think I am defending his actions, I am merely putting it in context.

My opinion is like some others, that he possibly had personal troubles, but in no way is that an excuse for not sorting out what you can clearly take pictures of and list, and take people's money for, but then incapable of posting !!

Unless anyone wants me to visit to try to pick up something they are owed, I don't think I will be visiting him. Although I can if needed, he will be just down the road.
C5 x 1
Ford 100E - Red x 2
Herald 12/50 x 1
Des Smith
1K Away

Post by Des Smith »

mds141 wrote:Personally I feel I've got a rather grounded view of reality. :-)
I couldn't disagree with that, Mark.

James, I would just put it down to experience and avoid him in future. My dealings with Richard have been, ahem, strained at times, but I really don't think he's going out to scam people. I think his life is probably rather chaotic. it's hard to get a handle on what that's like when you're used to being able to think in a straight line.

](*,) beers :-"
BX14TE St Tropez 1990 - now sold
Xsara Forte 1.4i 2000
Kawasaki GPz550A4 1987
RxBX
Over 2k

Post by RxBX »

Des Smith wrote:
mds141 wrote:Personally I feel I've got a rather grounded view of reality. :-)
I couldn't disagree with that, Mark.

James, I would just put it down to experience and avoid him in future. My dealings with Richard have been, ahem, strained at times, but I really don't think he's going out to scam people. I think his life is probably rather chaotic. it's hard to get a handle on what that's like when you're used to being able to think in a straight line.

](*,) beers :-"
Hi Des,
Yes, current life/living is challenging and has its various strength of strains on it from time to time.

However Richard can only blame himself for the notoriety hes made for himself by not adhering to E-bay rules and the hassle endured to buyers who have tried to purchase items from him in good faith !

If your going thro' a bad patch in life (Which is really nothing to do with anyone else) basically IF you've not got the proper dedication or time with offering/listing of E-bay sales and then completing the transaction with all the hassle of packaging/organising Courier or Posting (Especially as Richard had a lot of items listed and just before Christmas too) :roll:

Then its very simple just DON'T bother listing on E-bay and wait until one does have the time and dedication :wink:

Defender110
Over 2k
My Cars: Land Rover Discovery Series 1 200tdi 3 door
Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5
2020 Fiat Panda cross 4x4 twin air.

Post by Defender110 »

He is one of BXC's bizarre and yes sometimes infuriating members.
Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
2003 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5 - Daily driver / hobby days and camping.
1993 Land Rover Discovery 200tdi Series 1 3 door - in need of TLC
2020 Fiat Panda 4x4 Cross Twin Air.
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Indeed, he stuffed me over on a pair of wings for a BX, which I got one payment back for, shame that a guy who was so much a part of the forum once has turned out to be a bit of a twit!

Theres no excuse for that kind of behaviour though.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....