BX Estate TGD for sale

Advertise your car for sale here. No parts or eBay spots in here please.
csbeaumont

BX Estate TGD for sale

Post by csbeaumont »

Our family's much loved Citroen BX19 TGD Estate for sale. Good runner, regulary used, cleaned and serviced. Full history, receipts, MOT's etc. Just had new Clutch, ignition switch and keys. MOT till August 2014. No Tax, just ran out end Feb. Dark Grey Paintwork is original, faded and missing in places as you would expect 24 year old car to look. No panel damage. some trim missing. Driver Seat is worn. Tow bar. Central Locking and Electric front windows all working. Sunroof.

We are the 3rd owners (purchased 1996). Low mileage for age (130,000 miles)

Daughter is most recent user and says it stalled sometimes, we had it looked at but couldn't find anything wrong.
Last edited by csbeaumont on Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Defender110
Over 2k
My Cars: Land Rover Discovery Series 1 200tdi 3 door
Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5
2020 Fiat Panda cross 4x4 twin air.

Re: BX Estate TGD for sale

Post by Defender110 »

Where abouts are you, how much you looking for and any pictures?
Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
2003 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5 - Daily driver / hobby days and camping.
1993 Land Rover Discovery 200tdi Series 1 3 door - in need of TLC
2020 Fiat Panda 4x4 Cross Twin Air.
adamskibx
BXpert

Post by adamskibx »

I suspect it has stalled because the new clutch will be much more aggressive and bites further down; just takes a bit of getting used to. Mine stall's sometimes because I deliberately reduced the idle speed to reduce fuel consumption in traffic and on over-run.
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Hmm it is easy to stall an older diesel if your a bit "light on the pedals"
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
adamskibx
BXpert

Post by adamskibx »

Tim Leech wrote:Hmm it is easy to stall an older diesel if your a bit "light on the pedals"
And another way of saying a new clutch needs getting used to?
csbeaumont

Post by csbeaumont »

Hi, Thanks for the enquiry and information. Our Bx is in North Essex, near Colchester. As for price..., how do you value an old family retainer, its like valuing your granny! Offers?
Will try and put a price on her asap.
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

adamskibx wrote:
Tim Leech wrote:Hmm it is easy to stall an older diesel if your a bit "light on the pedals"
Depends on the driver, I drove the BX estate yesterday and compared to new cars the throttle and clutch are heavy.
Defender110
Over 2k

Post by Defender110 »

csbeaumont wrote: As for price..., how do you value an old family retainer, its like valuing your granny! Offers?
Will try and put a price on her asap.

By current market values;
TGD estates current fetch between £250 - £1000, from your description with ownership, mileage and general condition I would think from £650 upwards. Some sell quickly others struggle to sell. Ebay is probably the quickest way but Car & Classic is free and another popular / successful way to sell.
Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
2003 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5 - Daily driver / hobby days and camping.
Defender110
Over 2k

Post by Defender110 »

adamskibx wrote: Mine stall's sometimes because I deliberately reduced the idle speed to reduce fuel consumption in traffic and on over-run.

Not good practise for maintaining oil pressure and keeping the top end lubricated?
Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
csbeaumont

Post by csbeaumont »

The Bx has 6 months tax as of today.
adamskibx
BXpert

Post by adamskibx »

Tim Leech wrote:
adamskibx wrote:
Depends on the driver, I drove the BX estate yesterday and compared to new cars the throttle and clutch are heavy.
OK, I see what you mean. I actually wish the BX14 throttle was heavier than it is though as it's more effort to cruise slowly than to let the speed creep up because of having long legs.

Ebay is your best bet for selling a car. I think mine will go on soon as well. The problem with advertising here is that strangely, people looking to sell think of this forum, and those looking to buy go straight to mainstream channels such as Ebay and the like. Ebay, is very good at finding the natural value of something by design. Just put it up there with photo's and make it run for ten days or so. You can put a reserve on it of course as a fail-safe, but try to make that value slightly lower than the minimum you would take for it, or just start the bidding at that minimum. Good luck with it.
adamskibx
BXpert

Post by adamskibx »

Defender110 wrote:
adamskibx wrote: Mine stall's sometimes because I deliberately reduced the idle speed to reduce fuel consumption in traffic and on over-run.

Not good practise for maintaining oil pressure and keeping the top end lubricated?
I've never thought about it. It's perhaps a reduction of 10%. I would have thought that there would still be enough oil pressure so long as the lamp does not come on and the oil pump is turning.
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

The throttle on the GT is feather light and easy to overrev from start off unless your used to it, especially compared to a diesel, Paul noted when he drove it how "light" all the pedals were compared his TZD.
adamskibx
BXpert

Post by adamskibx »

I can't remember what the GT pedals were like. I do know that the 14 engine is extremely snappy with the lightest touch of throttle. When I came back to it after the 2CV it was as though I was deaf, and the high clutch biting point didn't help; I must get round to adjusting it. It became like this when I changed the gearbox and I can't see an explanation to it as I never adjusted the cable.
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

As recommended, CarandClassic is probably the best place to start with advertising. Ebay is expensive and FULL of timewasters, who will 'win' your car and then not actually buy it. Classified Advert is safer.