DRIVERS ELECTRIC WINDOW.

BX Tech talk
greendale65
BXpert

DRIVERS ELECTRIC WINDOW.

Post by greendale65 »

:) Hello, My window does not stop when getting to close wants to
keep on going what do you think the switch or motor any
idea getting a bit wet on the carpet not good :( HELP :?
bussell
Confirmed BX'er

Re: DRIVERS ELECTRIC WINDOW.

Post by bussell »

My electric window jumps at the very top and is difficult to close, the best way for me to get it closed is to support it with my hand push upwards and tap the up button until I can get it to catch and stay at the full up position - needless to say I have been using the sunroof and passenger window more and more.

I believe that the mechanism on mine has some broken cogs which is why it slips. If I use the auto close button it will continuously jump and click - which sounds bad.

What exactly happens with yours? Does it jump? Just refuse to go all the way up or other?
Ed Beech - Bussell

1989 14E Leader
1985 Volkswagen Transporter Camper
1995 Land Rover Defender 110
2021 Audi e-tron Sportback
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

Sounds like a worn mechanism. Quite fiddly to change, but can be done even with limited mechanical knowledge. You'll need another mechanism though.
greendale65
BXpert

Post by greendale65 »

Hi, It jumps and clicks when it gets to top I just fiddle with the switch to stop it
I will replace the motor . nice one Alan
greendale65
BXpert

Post by greendale65 »

Yes jumps and clicks at the top will have ago and fit another when the weather gets better.

Nice one Alan :) :) :) :) :) :)
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

I think Dollywobbler is referring to Bussel's post, as I can't see any symptoms of the OP which would be caused by a motor problem. My guess is that the clicking and jumping are a symptom of the motor still trying to operate with the window closed, rather than the cause. Although the mechanism may now be damaged by this. Before replacing anything, what type of switch do you have? Just a simple up/down or do you also have one-touch opening and closing?

If the former then the only cause I can think of is sticking contacts within the switch, which can be easily proved just by swapping it for the passenger side switch.

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad