Replacing Front Foglights

BX Tech talk
bussell
Confirmed BX'er

Replacing Front Foglights

Post by bussell »

Hi,

I decided to look at my fog lights yesterday which was a mistake - the old unit had disintegrated and came out in several crusty parts.

My question - are there aftermarket fog lights available that will fit in - or do I need to wait patiently for a solid old set to appear. The fitting looks fairly universal??

Thanks for your help

Ed
Ed Beech - Bussell

1989 14E Leader
1985 Volkswagen Transporter Camper
1995 Land Rover Defender 110
2021 Audi e-tron Sportback
RxBX
Over 2k

Re: Replacing Front Foglights

Post by RxBX »

bussell wrote:Hi,

I decided to look at my fog lights yesterday which was a mistake - the old unit had disintegrated and came out in several crusty parts.

My question - are there after-market fog lights available that will fit in - or do I need to wait patiently for a solid old set to appear. The fitting looks fairly universal??

Thanks for your help

Ed
Hi Ed, if you want to retain the Fog/Driving lamp 'Mounting Pods' as O/E you will need to wait as stated /\ !

However no doubt you can 'Graft' something into Mounting Pods' but may involve some modifying/cutting etc. but that's up to you ?

Heres a thread to CHEW-ON to give you an idea of what they can sell for :shock:

But if you wait patiently you may pick up a more to your budget used ones as in THIS thread ?

Good luck with finding some !

:lol:

Last edited by RxBX on Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
bussell
Confirmed BX'er

Post by bussell »

RxBX wrote:
bussell wrote:Hi,

My question - are there after-market fog lights available that will fit in - or do I need to wait patiently for a solid old set to appear. The fitting looks fairly universal??

Thanks for your help

Ed
Hi Ed, if you want to retain the Fog/Driving lamp 'Mounting Pods' as O/E you will need to wait as stated /\ !

However no doubt you can 'Graft' something into Mounting Pods' bnut may involve some modifying/cutting etc. but that's up to you ?

Heres a thread to CHEW-ON to give you an idea of what they can sell for :shock:

But if you wait patiently you may pick up a more to your budget used ones as in THIS thread ?

Good luck with finding some !

:lol:

Thanks for the advice, just bought a pair just about the right size for my surrounds, and will make a bracket to mount them in so they should look pretty good without paying silly money. Wow I cant believe what people will pay for some items!

maybe I should build a few sets and sell them for £50 a pair :)
Ed Beech - Bussell

1989 14E Leader
1985 Volkswagen Transporter Camper
1995 Land Rover Defender 110
2021 Audi e-tron Sportback
Defender110
Over 2k
My Cars: Land Rover Discovery Series 1 200tdi 3 door
Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5
2020 Fiat Panda cross 4x4 twin air.

Post by Defender110 »

bussell wrote:[Thanks for the advice, just bought a pair just about the right size for my surrounds, and will make a bracket to mount them in so they should look pretty good without paying silly money. Wow I cant believe what people will pay for some items!

maybe I should build a few sets and sell them for £50 a pair :)

Quite agree, the chrome reflectors have rusted in mine but I'm pretty sure if I buy something like this I will be able to cannibalise them and use the fittings and reflectors in my original pods without to much issue.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ring-Roadrunn ... 1265185338" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
2003 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5 - Daily driver / hobby days and camping.
1993 Land Rover Discovery 200tdi Series 1 3 door - in need of TLC
2020 Fiat Panda 4x4 Cross Twin Air.
citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

I'd just be happy with a couple of surrounds, as I'd like to fit a pair to Mitch the 4x4
Mike Sims
BX 19RD Estate Mk1 - Timex!
BX 4X4 Estate - Oh god, I've done it again!
BX 17RD MK1 - it called to me!
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
XM Turbo SD,GS Club Estate,Visa 17D Leader,HY Pickup,Dyane Nomad,Dyane 6,2CV AZL,Falcon S,Trabant P50,3x Land Rovers (88" series 1,109" series 2a FFR,series 2a Marshall ambulance),DKW F7, Lambretta LD150 x 1.5,Mobylette SP93,Ural Cossack,Ural M63,CZ 250 Sport,Honda Varadero 125,lots of bicycles & tricycles including (but not only) Sunbeams,Higgins & Bates!
RobC
BXpert
My Cars: 1991 Citroen BX 16v

Post by RobC »

citsncycles wrote:I'd just be happy with a couple of surrounds, as I'd like to fit a pair to Mitch the 4x4
I have some spare surrounds! Let's haggle. 8)
1991 Citroen BX 16v
citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

PM sent!
Mike Sims
BX 19RD Estate Mk1 - Timex!
BX 4X4 Estate - Oh god, I've done it again!
BX 17RD MK1 - it called to me!
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
XM Turbo SD,GS Club Estate,Visa 17D Leader,HY Pickup,Dyane Nomad,Dyane 6,2CV AZL,Falcon S,Trabant P50,3x Land Rovers (88" series 1,109" series 2a FFR,series 2a Marshall ambulance),DKW F7, Lambretta LD150 x 1.5,Mobylette SP93,Ural Cossack,Ural M63,CZ 250 Sport,Honda Varadero 125,lots of bicycles & tricycles including (but not only) Sunbeams,Higgins & Bates!