Bx 19 gti 4x4 in shed

Advertise your car for sale here. No parts or eBay spots in here please.
sezcoins

Bx 19 gti 4x4 in shed

Post by sezcoins »

Hi, have just registered because I have an old bx19 gti 4x4 in my shed which I need to get rid of & I thought you guys would be the people to contact to see if there is any interest. Car has not been run for years and was originally laid up for tracing fuel pipe leak. It is a project that I will never get round to. More details according to response.
djoptix
BXpert

Re: Bx 19 gti 4x4 in shed

Post by djoptix »

Incoming!!!!!

Pictures needed, but there will definitely be interest. Probably one BX too many for me at the moment, but never say never... where exactly are you?
Good heavens! My signature's been moderated...
citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

Yep, there'll definately be interest in this, as 4x4's seem to have a small but enthusiastic following.

As already said, pics would be good, as would any history regards clutch etc. as theyaren't as easy as the rest of the range to work on.
Mike Sims
BX 19RD Estate Mk1 - Timex!
BX 4X4 Estate - Oh god, I've done it again!
BX 17RD MK1 - it called to me!
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
XM Turbo SD,GS Club Estate,Visa 17D Leader,HY Pickup,Dyane Nomad,Dyane 6,2CV AZL,Falcon S,Trabant P50,3x Land Rovers (88" series 1,109" series 2a FFR,series 2a Marshall ambulance),DKW F7, Lambretta LD150 x 1.5,Mobylette SP93,Ural Cossack,Ural M63,CZ 250 Sport,Honda Varadero 125,lots of bicycles & tricycles including (but not only) Sunbeams,Higgins & Bates!
rutter123
Over 2k
My Cars: 90 Bx Tzd turbo ven red 295k
74 D Super 5 black
05 Volvo V50 2.0d 180k
65 Peugeot Boxer work van 280k

Post by rutter123 »

Yet another one appears out of the woodwork, literally, quite a big "shed" i assume.

When i brought my tzdt about 7 yrs ago there was word at the time of a white 4x4 in a lock up since 1996 South London (croydon??) did anyone buy this? ad was poss in LOOT.
90 BX Tzd turbo 294k SORN undergoing major surgery
90 BX Tzd turbo estate 46k awaiting surgery
65 Peugeot Boxer Van the new workhorse
52 Toyota Rav4 180k Bulletproof Jap reliability
David
BXpert

Post by David »

Someone will be interested, they are interesting & fun cars. As others have said We need pictures & more details. Is it a GTi or a standard? what is the mileage? what reg is is? Is there any rust? What location? etc.
citsncycles wrote:Yep, there'll definately be interest in this, as 4x4's seem to have a small but enthusiastic following.

As already said, pics would be good, as would any history regards clutch etc. as theyaren't as easy as the rest of the range to work on.
Providing the bolt is left out of the back of the gearbox; the one between the transfer box & gearbox, I find it as easy to remove as a standard gearbox. The only thing more difficult is work behind the engine.
1992 Citroën BX 1.9 Diesel Meteor 4x4 - The Project.

1992 Citroën BX 1.9 TXD (with GTI engine; Mulleys old car) - Parts car.

2004 Citroën Xsara Desire. (Now gone).

2016 Ford Focus Zetec - Daily Driver. (Absolute bone shaker).
sezcoins

Post by sezcoins »

Cant take decent photos at moment blocked in. 113k miles on clock, located on Hereford/Worcester border Dont know how to put photo on tried image but cant do it & file says it is too big
Tinkley
1K Away

Post by Tinkley »

Use GIMP to reduce the file size. It's a free picture editor (amongst other graphic uses) so you can save as a *.png file and reduce size with minimal quality loss. BTW png is better than jpg for losing less when you compress an image.

You can download GIMP for free, just google it. It is pretty much like Photoshop if you are familiar with that.
djoptix
BXpert

Post by djoptix »

I'm not far from you (Bristol) and work takes me in the Three Counties direction fairly regularly. If there's interest I could pop by you one day and have a look, take some photos and put them on the forum.

PM me if that's of interest.
Good heavens! My signature's been moderated...
sezcoins

Post by sezcoins »

car 021.jpg
car 020.jpg
car 018.jpg
Have taken some lower power photos. Will try to get them to load.