BX16 TXi Final Decision

Advertise your car for sale here. No parts or eBay spots in here please.
Ed.

BX16 TXi Final Decision

Post by Ed. »

Thanks for your advice last January Re: my poorly TXi.

I've now finally decided to put it up for sale whilst there is some MOT left. It's just gone on Car and Classic. I'm not doing ebay because of the extortionate fees they charge. I'm asking an optimistic £250 for it because of the recent new parts I've fitted. If it doesn't sell by the end of May, then I shall break it and keep a load of parts for my other BX (a hobby car which is waiting for me to have the time and money to go back on the road). The only thing stopping me from breaking the TXi now is that the chassis, whilst needing some work, is very much salvable and an enthusiast who has the time and space could fix it up. If I had the space, I'd keep it and fix it up when I have the chance, but I don't have a vast acreage of an estate in which to loose a BX and even then, it really needs to be garaged to keep it out of the weather. Plus I don't have the funds for the foreseeable future to keep my everyday car running and the TXi.

Included in the sale is an ECU, throttle body, fuel pump and catalytic converter.

Any viewing is welcome, but it is SORN, so a test drive isn't on I'm afraid. It could be driven away if it was re-taxed (by purchaser), but I don't recommend it. I live in Derby.

I can't seem to put any pictures on here. Please let me know how, and I'll add them on.
Neil_

Re: BX16 TXi Final Decision

Post by Neil_ »

Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Where in derby are you?
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Ed.

Post by Ed. »

Car and Classic photos have magically appeared. I have more angles if you're interested.

I'm close to the city of Derby.
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Thanks Ed

Having read the description (which is very fair and honest) its not for me, as a headgasket is beyond my skills right now.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
RxBX
Over 2k

Post by RxBX »

Tim Leech wrote:Where in derby are you?
Ed. wrote:Car and Classic photos have magically appeared. I have more angles if you're interested.

I'm close to the city of Derby.
Its the one I spotted in June 2012, pulling out of ASDA :wink:

Good luck with the sale Ed !

:)

Ed.

Post by Ed. »

Yep, definitely me! If you spotted me on the 26th June, that would've been just after passing the MOT which I had done on 23rd June in 2012.