Hurricane's TZD Hurricane

A place for us to show off our cars in all their glory. Please keep picture sizes to about 800x600 pixels.
Hurricane
BXpert

Re: Hurricane's TZD Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

Haha true and thanks. :D

I've not seen any other resident BX's in Preston for months, or longer now. we've still got the TXD in storage, hopefully be out again this year, the Hurricane gets stared at everywere like no ones ever seen a BX before.
K BX 19 TXD
J BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
J BX TZD Turbo
Hurricane
BXpert

Post by Hurricane »

Off the top of my head in the past 12 months it's had done, all in E.Howarth's Citroen garage. This is going to sound very amateurish but my Dad wrote all this down.

New Brake Pads all round, 4 new tyres, a new clutch fitted, new handbrake cable, new speedo cable, a few new pipes for the engine, all the underneath has had new wax oil and under seal, new fuel filter system, new air filter, new battery. All small stuff.

Being fixed next week is a knocking suspension joint or something, and the central locking is bust. Nothing major has been done as it's simply been fine all round.

Also could use some help, it doesn't start first time on cold mornings, usually 2 or 3 times? Any advice?

We've had all sorts of parts of a scrap BX recently that's been sat in a scrapyard in Garstang for about 10 years or more, I posted about this one a year or two ago, will try and find the link. EDIT: This one! Posted this in 2009 and the Red BX is still sat there today! http://www.bxclub.co.uk/forum/viewtopic ... it=spotted

Our BXClub.co.uk sticker from Marty is still in the rear window of the Hurricane. :D

And finally, forgot to say, the long standing problem we had since we bought it, of no real power from the turbo at all has been fixed, our garage finally discovered it was a 'ceased up waste gate' or something along them lines with the turbo, it was sorted out and it now goes like stink, years of frustration sorted out!
K BX 19 TXD
J BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
J BX TZD Turbo
mds141
Over 2k

Post by mds141 »

When were the glow plugs changed last?
Mark Smith

Is it just me or is everything shit?

1989 BX GTi 16 valve. Blanc Alpine. Completed the Citroen Classic Challenge Ecosse and 1337 miles without a hitch.
2000 XM VSX 2.1 td Auto. Rouge Magenta.
TGD saloon many years ago.

1990 Swift 'Corniche' 12/2 aka BXClub HQ.
Honda Firestorm. Gone, but not forgotten.
2015 Triumph Tiger Explorer XC.
Hurricane
BXpert

Post by Hurricane »

Sometime early last year apparently maybe January.
K BX 19 TXD
J BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
J BX TZD Turbo
citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

What about the fast idle mechanism? dunno about the turbo engine, but on the NA diesels there's a cable from the thermostat housing to the pump that raises the idle speed until the engine's warm. These can fail, leaving you with an engine unwilling to run with no throttle when very cold.
Mike Sims
BX 19RD Estate Mk1 - Timex!
BX 4X4 Estate - Oh god, I've done it again!
BX 17RD MK1 - it called to me!
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
XM Turbo SD,GS Club Estate,Visa 17D Leader,HY Pickup,Dyane Nomad,Dyane 6,2CV AZL,Falcon S,Trabant P50,3x Land Rovers (88" series 1,109" series 2a FFR,series 2a Marshall ambulance),DKW F7, Lambretta LD150 x 1.5,Mobylette SP93,Ural Cossack,Ural M63,CZ 250 Sport,Honda Varadero 125,lots of bicycles & tricycles including (but not only) Sunbeams,Higgins & Bates!
Hurricane
BXpert

Post by Hurricane »

This took a punch last week.

Was out in it and parked at the side of a main road checking a leaky pipe underneath and left the drivers door a jar and a gust of wind swung it open into the path of 2 pensioners driving an Astra, who went straight at it, bad damage to the door and front wing.

It's in a yard now waiting for the insurance to probably tell us no doubt it's an old car and wants scrapping, I don't think so. [-X We need a new door and wing finding and spraying up, which I think we may have sourced and sorted locally already, if not we're gonna' need to look on here.

The car was fine at the time, nothing major wrong with it, apart from the drivers side electric window was broken and a couple of leaky pipes.

Money is no object with this Hurricane and I will make damn sure it is repaired to exactly how it was within a few weeks, as it wasn't my fault and I am angry about it. Will keep this updated.
K BX 19 TXD
J BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
J BX TZD Turbo
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

I have a bare drivers door if you need it.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Paul296
Over 2k
My Cars: Citroen BX 17 TZD Hurricane
Citroen BX 17 TGD

Post by Paul296 »

Hurricane wrote:This took a punch last week. . .

Really sorry to hear that - but it's great that you're going to get it sorted. =D>
Defender110
Over 2k
My Cars: Land Rover Discovery Series 1 200tdi 3 door
Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5
2020 Fiat Panda cross 4x4 twin air.

Post by Defender110 »

I too may be able to assist with a door if needed and wing am only in Bolton.
Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
2003 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5 - Daily driver / hobby days and camping.
1993 Land Rover Discovery 200tdi Series 1 3 door - in need of TLC
2020 Fiat Panda 4x4 Cross Twin Air.
Hurricane
BXpert

Post by Hurricane »

Thanks a lot for the offers guys we may well need them! We know of a half decent BX GTI shell in a garage scrapyard in a village not far from us, just waiting to check on it again in the next day or Two.
K BX 19 TXD
J BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
J BX TZD Turbo
Jaba
1K Away
My Cars: BX GTi, C3 Auto

Post by Jaba »

Bad luck. All Hurricanes are cool and must be saved from the grim reaper.
The Joy of BX with just one Citroën BX to my name now. Will I sing Bye Bye to my GTI or will it be Till death us do part.
Hurricane
BXpert

Post by Hurricane »

Insurance is dropping it off at the garage this week to get the pipes and bits fixed, then it can be driven home, need the door and wing though.

They recommended it be scrapped and we take the money to which I stepped in and refused. In their words it's ''in between a banger and a classic'', sure something we've all heard before.
K BX 19 TXD
J BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
J BX TZD Turbo
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

Well done for saving it bud but its interesting from the insurance point of view that they consider the BXs status is increasing.

Andy
Defender110
Over 2k
My Cars: Land Rover Discovery Series 1 200tdi 3 door
Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5
2020 Fiat Panda cross 4x4 twin air.

Post by Defender110 »

Sorry bud, the front drivers door is the one door I haven't got, I clean forgot and have now recalled Tim Leech had this door off me which may be why he has the shell available?
Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
2003 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5 - Daily driver / hobby days and camping.
1993 Land Rover Discovery 200tdi Series 1 3 door - in need of TLC
2020 Fiat Panda 4x4 Cross Twin Air.
Hurricane
BXpert

Post by Hurricane »

No worries thanks anyway, once we get the Hurricane back this week we're going to drive to this yard near our's and have a look at this GTI for the bits.

Do you have a wing by any chance?
K BX 19 TXD
J BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
J BX TZD Turbo