Chipphem Lions, Cherished vehicle Show

Here members post meetings, events, meet ups and the like
Stephen C
Confirmed BX'er

Chipphem Lions, Cherished vehicle Show

Post by Stephen C »

Hello everyone ,There is a Cherished Vehicls show being held on Sunday 1st June 14 at Chippenham which is not far from Castle Combe, it is free to enter a car,
I have entered the BX which I would not consider to be a show car, I went too the show last year as a visitor and thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience, there was 200 cars but not one BX ,
The show is held in a field adjacent to Allington Farm Shop, which has an excellent shop, and a restaurant, the whole show has very much a village feel to it completely unpretentious, the show is run by the Lions club of Chippenham, information about the show can be found on http:e-clubhouse.org/site/chippenham/page-6.php
or just google, cherished vehicle & farm fun day -e-clubhouse if anyone was interested in coming along.

Stephen
MK1 1.9 DTR.............X6
2cv Van....................Napoleon

Honda FRV................Mr H
Honda CRV MK1.........bubble's
Honda Lawn Mower

BMW R100R...............When I grow up I want to be a [Honda]
citsncycles
Over 2k

Re: Chipphem Lions, Cherished vehicle Show

Post by citsncycles »

Unfortunately I'm working, otherwise I may have come to this one - I'll bear it in mind for future though!
Mike Sims
BX 19RD Estate Mk1 - Timex!
BX 4X4 Estate - Oh god, I've done it again!
BX 17RD MK1 - it called to me!
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
XM Turbo SD,GS Club Estate,Visa 17D Leader,HY Pickup,Dyane Nomad,Dyane 6,2CV AZL,Falcon S,Trabant P50,3x Land Rovers (88" series 1,109" series 2a FFR,series 2a Marshall ambulance),DKW F7, Lambretta LD150 x 1.5,Mobylette SP93,Ural Cossack,Ural M63,CZ 250 Sport,Honda Varadero 125,lots of bicycles & tricycles including (but not only) Sunbeams,Higgins & Bates!
Stephen C
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Stephen C »

citsncycles"]Unfortunately I'm working, otherwise I may have come to this one - I'll bear it in mind for future though!

Thanks for that Mike, yes it's run my the Lion's club who do shut good work for the local community
hundreds of people turning up with their pried and joy, it is a lovely event, all being well I will see you
In the future. Stephen.

Honda Lawn Mower

Stephen C
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Stephen C »

We had a great day the BX generated great interest, to say the least, we set up our table and chairs a
little way from the car with all the windows on the car down, people did not think we was with it,
by Chance we was next too a disable bus they saw the wheel chair and thought we was with that,
we sat back and watched, unbelievable the photographs taken of it, the interment panel provide to be of great interest, one woman with two young children sat in the car, at that point I went over and started
the car up for them, and the bx lifted up, they was amazed the children thought it was cool, great fun,

The bx I would say, based on what we saw today is on the up, if their is not one at the N.E.C this year,
I would say this is a misjudgement of understanding of what the general public appreciate,

Be leave me their was plenty of car's their today I would have to sell my house to get one, but they did
not get more attention, in fact they got less we was in a good spot to see, the BX was popular in it's day
with the general public, and it's lost done of its pulling power today, in fact it has even more I would say,

Stephen

Honda Lawn Mower

Thread Bear
1K Away

Post by Thread Bear »

So many things are not valued till they are gone. Even more is forgotten because it is not there.
Miguel - 16 TRS Auto S, light blue, 43k miles - £450
Pluto - 14 E S, White, 105k Miles - in work
Egbert - 19 16v Gti, White, A/C & Leather, - Keeper
Walt - 17 TZD Turbo S, graphite, 70k miles, good op extras - Keeper
Scraper- 17 TZD Turbo E, blue, 208k miles - parts
Homer - 19 TXD E, Red, 189k miles - £250
Gary - 17 TZD Turbo E, 118k miles - in work

'87 Trooper, Borgwards, Saabs, MG ZB, Bellamy Trials, Fiat Jolly & Bianchina, Goggo Dart, Messerschmitt, Heinkel, Bubblecars
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

Thread Bear wrote:So many things are not valued till they are gone. Even more is forgotten because it is not there.
Very profound Mr Bear! :)
1991 BX19GTi Auto
jeremyC5
BXpert

Post by jeremyC5 »

there are one or two Austin A40 Farinas on eBay,
since I have a door for one, I decided to find out what they looked like.....
...I'm not surprised they are dying out !!
...and they won't be noticed by their absence either !! :roll:
C5 x 1
Ford 100E - Red x 2
Herald 12/50 x 1