BX 19RD 1989 (G Reg) - For Sale - 70,000 Miles

Advertise your car for sale here. No parts or eBay spots in here please.
SLH

BX 19RD 1989 (G Reg) - For Sale - 70,000 Miles

Post by SLH »

Hi All,

I have been a regular reader of the Forum, if not a poster / blogger, for the past 6 years or so.
I acquired my BX19 RD in January 2008 and it has been my daily drive since then, although not clocking up that many miles. I did have intentions of trying to get it back to A1 condition, but lack of resources have meant that this never happened. It has been well maintained mechanically.
I have come to a point where I have to make a decision regarding it's future and I have decided that I would rather see it go to a good home and possibly restored to it's former glory, rather than me continuing to run it until it reaches a point of no return.

A brief history:

Originally a Bristol car it had 2 owner in Bristol over an 18 year period, before being brought over "The Bridge" to South Wales in 2007. The 3rd owner just used it as a run around for 6 months or so until I purchased it with 48,000 miles on the clock. It has mainly been used around Cardiff and the South Wales Valleys, with the occasional run to West Wales or across to Poole. So a mixture of town, A Road and Motorway.

It was maintained by Bijou Motors of Cwmcarn until they closed shop at the end of last year:
2008 - New Clutch / Cambelt and Waterpump / Hydraulics Overhaul
2009 - New CV Joints
2010 - Hydraulic Return Pipes replaced
2011 - 4 New Tyres (58,000 Miles)
2012 - Front Discs and Pads Replaced
2014 - New Radiator

This is just a summary of the key points, it had generally been serviced each July prior to MOT, and has not usually required any attention in between.

It runs well / and behaves as it should / Electric Windows and Sunroof work.
Body work is generally good, only the rear left door has a slight dent. Paint is a little lacklustre, particularly the roof and right front wing. Signs of rust starting in the usual places when you open the back doors. It has Road Tax and MOT until the end of July.

I just wanted to gauge if there was any interest from anyone on the Forum. I'm not after any silly money, would rather it goes to a good home.

When the weather improves I will give it a thorough clean, and post some photos up along with some more detail. PM me if you think you might be interested. I live in North Cardiff.

Cheers
Steve
SLH

Re: BX 19RD 1989 (G Reg) - For Sale - 70,000 Miles

Post by SLH »

Link to some photos from a couple of years ago. It hasn't changed too much since then, but it is not quite as clean at present!

http://s1262.photobucket.com/user/steve ... /BX19%20RD
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

Most of us already have one or more BXs. With the miles and desirable diesel, your best option is probably Carandclassic to get a sale.
SLH

Post by SLH »

Well I waved goodbye to my BX today, it has returned to Bristol after living in Wales for almost 7 years. I am pleased to say that it has gone to a good home and the new owner is a Forum member, MC_sam, who will no doubt lavish it with the attention that it deserves.

Whilst I am sad to see my first Citroen go, and the Renault Laguna that replaces it will not be anywhere near as much fun, I am sure that I will be back behind the wheel of a "hydropneumatic" Citroen at some point in the future. I have had a great time with the BX over the past 6 years or so and it has served me and my family well. I will continue to read the forum, you guys are doing a great job of keeping these cars on the road.

Long live the BX :)
Defender110
Over 2k
My Cars: Land Rover Discovery Series 1 200tdi 3 door
Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5
2020 Fiat Panda cross 4x4 twin air.

Post by Defender110 »

=D> ^^ ^^ ^^bx>
Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
2003 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5 - Daily driver / hobby days and camping.
1993 Land Rover Discovery 200tdi Series 1 3 door - in need of TLC
2020 Fiat Panda 4x4 Cross Twin Air.
rutter123
Over 2k
My Cars: 90 Bx Tzd turbo ven red 295k
74 D Super 5 black
05 Volvo V50 2.0d 180k
65 Peugeot Boxer work van 280k

Post by rutter123 »

Personally i would have got shot of the Laguna and spent a bit on the bx, the 19 rd is one of the most basic, economical and robust engines of its time and @ 70k barely run in, i suspect the pending rust issues may have sealed its fate? As it nearly did for my tzd turbo years ago , buts its still going strong 7 years on and just turned 267k. At least its gone to a good home.
90 BX Tzd turbo 294k SORN undergoing major surgery
90 BX Tzd turbo estate 46k awaiting surgery
65 Peugeot Boxer Van the new workhorse
52 Toyota Rav4 180k Bulletproof Jap reliability