BX meeting in the north

Anything about BXs
Barnsley BXer
1K Away

BX meeting in the north

Post by Barnsley BXer »

Hi fellow BXers.I'm also in the CCC and we've been invited to the Barclays families day at Knutsford.Unfortunately,we've had F-all interest.I've been looking at the forums and although It's short notice'(the event's on September 3rd) I wonder if you would like to put a stand on there(any car welcome,good or bad)Feel free to ring me on 01226 299024 or get in touch by E-mail.There will be lots to do and it should be a good day out :lol:
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

hmmm, it is a bit close! Personally i dont have my BX on the road so probably wont be able to come (though it sounds interesteing!) biggest problem is probably that there is a Nothern Meet planned for the 25th ish of september, and im not sure how many people will get executed by loved ones if they go to both!
M

Post by M »

No longer have my BX, but now have a rather tasty ZX I could impart.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

I might have a dose of that mate, not far from me and I`ve got my new toy to show off!
Vauxhall apologist.
Barnsley BXer
1K Away

meeting in the north

Post by Barnsley BXer »

hi folks,a bit more info for you about the Barclays families day.It's at Radbroke Hall,3 miles south of Knutsford on the A50.There will be lots to do and see.For more information,go to the Citroen Car Club website,Northern section and you will find more details under the events section
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

Hmmm, cant see any links, i suppose you have to be a member then look at the forum? I cant see it in the 'Events' calender
Barnsley BXer
1K Away

meeting in the north

Post by Barnsley BXer »

sorry about that,Ithought it would be open to everybody.The Barclays families day is at Radbroke Hall(I think it's the Barclays computer centre),3 miles south of Knutsford on the A 50.There's a couple of other car clubs going,a climbing wall,kids rides, falconry display,donkey rides,fire and police displays and best of all a free BBQ.It starts at 12.30pm and finishes at about 5 pm.If you need a contact name,the man in charge is John Hepple.We can have a display even if we only have a couple of cars.Should be a good day out.
DavidW

Post by DavidW »

Guys,

I know it's very close to the day now but here is the link to the Northern CCC Section website....

http://www.henthorn.demon.co.uk/cccns/page4.html

You should see the event towards the bottom of the page.

Typeface a devil to read on my PC and I can't seem to cut and paste into here.... sure you'll get the details OK though.

David
Citroen supporter for 25yrs plus. Former CCC BX/Xantia columnist. I like Land Rovers & John Deeres too!
Barnsley BXer
1K Away

meeting in the north

Post by Barnsley BXer »

thanks for that David,I wish I'd thought of that.I've also been a member of the CCC and have spent many a happy hour reading your excellent columns
Gareth Wales
BXpert

Post by Gareth Wales »

Just wish that our northern meet was out of the "holiday" season me thinks a general - nationwide - meet in say, Stratford, sould be terrific - no crowds, cheaper B+B etc - what do you think Vanny
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

You've got a good point Gareth, however could I just point out that the CCC has just had their Midlands Section Rally at Stratford only a couple of weeks ago.
It was a good do. unfortunately not too many BXs. :(
They think it's all over, it is now!