Radiator Hose supply

BX Tech talk
Tinkley
1K Away

Radiator Hose supply

Post by Tinkley »

Just thought I'd see if anyone has any recommended radiator hose stockists. We know the 16v has a replacement silicone set available and a couple of TD hoses are I believe either v hard, or impossible to get. I have a small weep on my 1.6 where the top hose meets the black plastic lump with the bleed screw. The jubilee is tight, so either the hose is going or the plastic housing is cracked. Hardly terminal, but it would be comforting to know a set of the larger hoses is still available for it.

I suspect thaey have already been changed once so after 23 years a second change may be in order. As I have the 'donor' spare, I can raid that, but any outlet still supplying would be good to know about. Maybe the Gates or other manufacturers replacement number(s) if known for the various hoses? Then we could file that in the Tech section.
JayW
1K Away

Re: Radiator Hose supply

Post by JayW »

That hose for the 1600 is no longer available, i too had a hunt for it.

I do rcall finding a reference to it on a foreign supply list, but emails to them went unanswered.

In the end i made one out of 2 other Cit top hoses joined together, can't remember which models, think one was C4.
I have zero patience for your tedium.
Tinkley
1K Away

Post by Tinkley »

Thanks for the information Jay W. When I bought my old Athena, I changed all the main hoses in 04 and they were still available then. Fortunately it is not a difficult run for that top hose, so I should be able to kluge up a serviceable item. Just a case of finding the right ID of the tubes and maybe a bend or two and a linking piece, I suspect.
rutter123
Over 2k
My Cars: 90 Bx Tzd turbo ven red 295k
74 D Super 5 black
05 Volvo V50 2.0d 180k
65 Peugeot Boxer work van 280k

Post by rutter123 »

There must be a universal silicone hose that will do the job? Unless you specify o/e fitment, my gti top hose is made from 1 half 19diesel top part and bottom half i found in the hose box (poss pug406) joined with an alloy tube, seems to work ok. Maybe worth a look at Peugeot 205/309 hoses as they would be fairly similar being TU engined.
90 BX Tzd turbo 294k SORN undergoing major surgery
90 BX Tzd turbo estate 46k awaiting surgery
65 Peugeot Boxer Van the new workhorse
52 Toyota Rav4 180k Bulletproof Jap reliability
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

You can send the old ones away and have silicone versions made. Not the cheapest way, but the longest lasting. We've done it with TVR heater hoses.
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

It was a couple of years back but last I checked the NA diesel top and bottom hoses were available and that was it.

I'll be changing most of the pipes on Fred when I get that far and will probably go for silicon for that - Merlin Motorsport at Castle Combe stock a good range, including a range of bends, joiners etc.
Mike Sims
BX 19RD Estate Mk1 - Timex!
BX 4X4 Estate - Oh god, I've done it again!
BX 17RD MK1 - it called to me!
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
XM Turbo SD,GS Club Estate,Visa 17D Leader,HY Pickup,Dyane Nomad,Dyane 6,2CV AZL,Falcon S,Trabant P50,3x Land Rovers (88" series 1,109" series 2a FFR,series 2a Marshall ambulance),DKW F7, Lambretta LD150 x 1.5,Mobylette SP93,Ural Cossack,Ural M63,CZ 250 Sport,Honda Varadero 125,lots of bicycles & tricycles including (but not only) Sunbeams,Higgins & Bates!