Hi all, Could be getting a spare windscreen next week for my valver
my valver screen is green how do I see the colour on the screen
I'm getting , ok I know about the white paper against the inside
of the glass is there any other way. The screen is from citroen
old stock. 8) 8) ^^bx> 16v
Mothman

Re: bx windscreen

Post by Mothman »

I expect it will just be a clear screen unless you have specified a colour.
Be very suprised though if Citroen have any stock left. If they have i would be very interested in a few of these as spares.

Andy
Tinkley
1K Away

Post by Tinkley »

Both clear and green tint windscreens are readily available. The bronze ones may be tricky if not impossible to find except perhaps in France.

The valver will be green tint. I had a clear one on my '88 white 14RE. Very easy to spot the difference, just look at the sky through it, the tint is moderate but definitely noticeable. The rear screens are the problem to source..... :wink:
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

If green geuine Citroen ones are available I would like to know!
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

Tim Leech wrote:If green geuine Citroen ones are available I would like to know!
The windscreens are made to a spec but were never actually made actually by Citroen.

I had my green tint screen replaced by AA windscreens a couple of years ago. It is made by Pilkington but a perfect match in tint and style. The original screen was manufactured by Securit.

The Pilkington screen is much better in clarity than the old screen especially when driving in sunlight as it doesn't cause a bloom through the whole of the screen. Although I didn't realise the shortcomings of the old screen at the time, the new screen is much kinder on the eyes when driving. :D
1991 BX19GTi Auto
Tinkley
1K Away

Post by Tinkley »

My 14 had glass (clear) from St Gobain, the 16s' are Sekurit, apart from replacement rear which is Pilkington. One thing to note is the plastic inner layer yellows over time so becomes slightly less clear. At least that was noticeable with the nice new rear screen. I had to check it was the right tint a couple of times - it is, just the original has shifted slightly. I had to think about why? but can find no other explanation.
Vantman
BXpert

Post by Vantman »

Tim Leech wrote:If green geuine Citroen ones are available I would like to know!
One for sale here Tim--
http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-moto ... 1076147325
2003 Saab 9-3.