Ireland calling

Anything about BXs
scimitar

Ireland calling

Post by scimitar »

Hi Fellas,

I've just joined this noble forum, how's everyone? I had two BXs back in the old country (Poland) over 10 years ago, then after moving to Eire I bought 1979 Relaint Scimitar se6a (mighty ride, but electrics can brake ones heart) and just few days ago, after a few months research, I got a 1984 BX 19RD. A barn find, taken out after 17 years, started the 2nd time and lifted within 15 seconds. Needs some work but all in all in a vgc. Originally an Armagh car, she was used for smuggling whiskey from NI to Eire.
1984 Citroen BX19RD
2007 Saab 9-5 BioPower
1957 Jawa 175
Mothman

Re: Ireland calling

Post by Mothman »

Hi bud, welcome to the forum.
Hope we can compare notes about a 1984 BX19 RD as i too have one but she dosnt go and Rob at Chevronics has her for a bit of a facelift. We all look forward to some pictures.
I have a Scimitar in one of my fields too. Pretty rotten though.

Andy
scimitar

Post by scimitar »

Hi mate, here she is: http://www.bxclub.co.uk/forum/viewtopic ... 11&t=20034
Got to find a set of seats now, mine were in a terrible state. Reupholstering would cost me 700 euro, I've feeling I can get a complete interior in a reasonable condition cheaper than this.
1984 Citroen BX19RD
2007 Saab 9-5 BioPower
1957 Jawa 175
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

Man, a proper RD too like my Mollie with no nearside wing mrror!! Bloody wonderful colour too. Hope you can get her sorted asap!!

I managed to get a set of leather seats, front n rear from Tim Leech as mine also were shot to bits. Cost me 50 quid, you will see them soon on my blog or my F/B page.

Whats the bodywork like?

Andy
scimitar

Post by scimitar »

Andy, she's not eaten away but there are few rusty spots on the bonnet, roof and front wings; also doors bit rusty along bottom edges. But all in all I expected sth worse. That said - after few rainy days I found a leakage - there's a puddle just under driver's feet. We'll have to sort it out.
Btw, which scimitar do you have there?

Slav
1984 Citroen BX19RD
2007 Saab 9-5 BioPower
1957 Jawa 175