Was happenin with the forum?

Anything about BXs
Mothman

Was happenin with the forum?

Post by Mothman »

I seem to think the forum is getting more and more quiet? Is it because there are fewer BXs?

Andy
mds141
Over 2k

Re: Was happenin with the forum?

Post by mds141 »

I'm still here. :-)
Mark Smith

Is it just me or is everything shit?

1989 BX GTi 16 valve. Blanc Alpine. Completed the Citroen Classic Challenge Ecosse and 1337 miles without a hitch.
2000 XM VSX 2.1 td Auto. Rouge Magenta.
TGD saloon many years ago.

1990 Swift 'Corniche' 12/2 aka BXClub HQ.
Honda Firestorm. Gone, but not forgotten.
2015 Triumph Tiger Explorer XC.
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

Mothman wrote:I seem to think the forum is getting more and more quiet? Is it because there are fewer BXs?

Andy
The knock-on effect of Facebook migrators?
1991 BX19GTi Auto
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

I fear it is...
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

This forum has always ebbed and flowed. It usually quietens in the run up to Christmas. I imagine it will pick up again in a few months time when there is something new to talk about
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

Issue is social media like Facebook is far more integrated into everyday life. I admit to coming on here less since its introduction, though it's still got its place as a resource. it's just the social side (if you can have a social side sitting at the PC) has migrated to Facebook more, which Facebook is much, much better at. My phone tells me when someone's posted on BXC FB group :lol:
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
Thread Bear
1K Away

Post by Thread Bear »

Do not see it myself. Unless your life is spent talking and poking nasty little boxes, rather than actually doing something. Then I am the sort of person that answers the 'phone only when it is convenient to me. A visitor commands the respect of ignoring the 'phone, or telling the 'phonee I will talk later. I do not live in fear of whom I just missed speaking to. If its important they will try again, or I can call them when I am not busy. I also ignore texts as they tend not to be in English. Funny how I get so much done in a day.
Miguel - 16 TRS Auto S, light blue, 43k miles - £450
Pluto - 14 E S, White, 105k Miles - in work
Egbert - 19 16v Gti, White, A/C & Leather, - Keeper
Walt - 17 TZD Turbo S, graphite, 70k miles, good op extras - Keeper
Scraper- 17 TZD Turbo E, blue, 208k miles - parts
Homer - 19 TXD E, Red, 189k miles - £250
Gary - 17 TZD Turbo E, 118k miles - in work

'87 Trooper, Borgwards, Saabs, MG ZB, Bellamy Trials, Fiat Jolly & Bianchina, Goggo Dart, Messerschmitt, Heinkel, Bubblecars
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

Thread Bear wrote:Do not see it myself. Unless your life is spent talking and poking nasty little boxes, rather than actually doing something. Then I am the sort of person that answers the 'phone only when it is convenient to me. A visitor commands the respect of ignoring the 'phone, or telling the 'phonee I will talk later. I do not live in fear of whom I just missed speaking to. If its important they will try again, or I can call them when I am not busy. I also ignore texts as they tend not to be in English. Funny how I get so much done in a day.
Not really sure where this falls, i can get a lot done during the day and answer the phone when it rings, and see friends and guests. I too dont care who i have missed but sometimes messages can be important to both me and the sender. All adds up to a full and developed life. Its good to ask and be asked and i will freely respond if needed. If i had ignored a call from a mate yesterday, i wouldnt be looking after his dogs whilst he was away for a few days and it would have made his life a lot more difficult. As for ignoring texts, well, perhaps you need to get with the times, just because they are in jargon, dosnt mean you cannot read them. If a mate asks you to go for a beer or some other thing that interests you, you are saying you would not read it cos its a text message? Strange, but each to his or her own. Its just a modern method of communication to which most of us have become very used to. Ok, ime not into the modern way of using your phone with all the apps that can be downloaded to it. I dont need to know where a certain type of restaurant is of where's the local gas station but some people do. Good luck to them i say and if it improves their life, all well and good. However, it is a little worrying to see how people are becoming so dependant on their phone or Ipad. I can live without them but they are very useful, if you can get a signal, that is!!

Andy
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

Thread Bear wrote:Do not see it myself. Unless your life is spent talking and poking nasty little boxes, rather than actually doing something. Then I am the sort of person that answers the 'phone only when it is convenient to me. A visitor commands the respect of ignoring the 'phone, or telling the 'phonee I will talk later. I do not live in fear of whom I just missed speaking to. If its important they will try again, or I can call them when I am not busy. I also ignore texts as they tend not to be in English. Funny how I get so much done in a day.
I have no idea what you're talking about! Doesn't everyone only answer a phone when it is convenient to them? I can only assume you're inferring that BXC is the visitor and everybody should ignore the phone (i.e. Facebook) when it calls?

Other than putting the vibe across that you're slightly close-minded and would rather be operating in 1996, I'm not sure what you're trying to get at.
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

I've sadly defected to an XM. I do miss BXC banter though. Can we make it the BXM forum? ;) As you can see, I still keep an eye on this place even with no BX on my fleet.
Thread Bear
1K Away

Post by Thread Bear »

Kitch wrote:Other than putting the vibe across that you're slightly close-minded and would rather be operating in 1996, I'm not sure what you're trying to get at.
Probably guilty as charged. My buds know how to get hold of me. Everyone else wants to talk to me, I not always them. The outcome of being a finisher/achiever. So that is kind of their problem? Certainly great for winnowing time wasters when selling stuff. My buds use old fashioned email, dealt with regularly, my 'phone times, some pop round for coffee. They never send text as they know as a dyslexic I am not going to bother with a new temporary language with normally dirty sausage sized fingers on tiny mobiles. Mind you as soon as 'phones and PC talk to each other, in the same language, on full keyboards, we will move forward again. (It will be a chip in the bonce before we know it). At the moment sophisticated coms are a product of some expenditure, but that will change. Just as good cameras are really cheap now. My hope is that the appalling text speak does not come with it.
Nothing will get me to Facebook. Rather walk my own path than be owned with the herd. Never been any different. Not unusual for a petrol head. Awkward B*****ds, that they are. However I do not expect the world to stop for me. I find it interesting that this is where things are going, its information.
As an aside the Borgward Drivers Club forum has died. I wonder if they exist as a presence instead on Facebook, etc. Which do you choose, and how? One of the last messages was someone trying to get in touch with me, a non member, over stuff I have, but I cannot respond now to find out what he wanted. So you could be proved correct that this is the future.
Miguel - 16 TRS Auto S, light blue, 43k miles - £450
Pluto - 14 E S, White, 105k Miles - in work
Egbert - 19 16v Gti, White, A/C & Leather, - Keeper
Walt - 17 TZD Turbo S, graphite, 70k miles, good op extras - Keeper
Scraper- 17 TZD Turbo E, blue, 208k miles - parts
Homer - 19 TXD E, Red, 189k miles - £250
Gary - 17 TZD Turbo E, 118k miles - in work

'87 Trooper, Borgwards, Saabs, MG ZB, Bellamy Trials, Fiat Jolly & Bianchina, Goggo Dart, Messerschmitt, Heinkel, Bubblecars
Tinkley
1K Away

Post by Tinkley »

Well I do have a mobile somewhere...... :wink: last saw it over two months ago.....

Having had e-mail since '94 and an answerphone even before they came with your telecoms provider, I think I can understand where TB is coming from. If someone wants to get hold of me thay can, I'm not hidden but equally don't want to be on Facebook/Twitter etc etc.

Real business is not much different to 1996 apart from more opportunities to get scammed!. The genuine will always be there. It is important to keep some space and time for proper work rather than be at the beck and call of 24/7 comms. Even more important when trying to design stuff and make things work properly. One can handle a reasonable number of conversations without it interrupting the day.

Hope they get rid of these nuiscance calls, must be getting from 5 to 35 per day, some silent, some asking for some Asian gent etc etc....:lol: good thing Ebola does not travel down a phone line......
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

Tinkley wrote:Well I do have a mobile somewhere...... :wink: last saw it over two months ago.....

Having had e-mail since '94 and an answerphone even before they came with your telecoms provider, I think I can understand where TB is coming from. If someone wants to get hold of me thay can, I'm not hidden but equally don't want to be on Facebook/Twitter etc etc.

Real business is not much different to 1996 apart from more opportunities to get scammed!. The genuine will always be there. It is important to keep some space and time for proper work rather than be at the beck and call of 24/7 comms. Even more important when trying to design stuff and make things work properly. One can handle a reasonable number of conversations without it interrupting the day.

Hope they get rid of these nuiscance calls, must be getting from 5 to 35 per day, some silent, some asking for some Asian gent etc etc....:lol: good thing Ebola does not travel down a phone line......
Tink,

sounds to me like you are still in the stone age.

Andy
mds141
Over 2k

Post by mds141 »

Must agree with Tinkley on the nuisance phone calls. We too receive around thirty calls a day. :evil:
Mark Smith

Is it just me or is everything shit?

1989 BX GTi 16 valve. Blanc Alpine. Completed the Citroen Classic Challenge Ecosse and 1337 miles without a hitch.
2000 XM VSX 2.1 td Auto. Rouge Magenta.
TGD saloon many years ago.

1990 Swift 'Corniche' 12/2 aka BXClub HQ.
Honda Firestorm. Gone, but not forgotten.
2015 Triumph Tiger Explorer XC.
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

I hardly get any nuisance calls so you can do something about it, i did.

Andy