went a little crazy on eBay and bought this...

Anything about BXs
kernowtim
Confirmed BX'er
My Cars: BX 19 estate
1999 ford focus 1.8TD

went a little crazy on eBay and bought this...

Post by kernowtim »

"This" is a 1993 1.9 TZD estate with 231k recorded miles and was dragged (ok driven) out of a garden,mot'd and serviced then used on a charity fund raising rally across Europe. Covered in sponsors sign writing,front left window sealed shut ,with noisy driveshaft ,knocking eng mount and interesting repaired/modified brake lights switch it was auctioned off on eBay and won by someone from Cornwall :?
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Re: went a little crazy on eBay and bought this...

Post by Philip Chidlow »

I saw that! Well done that man! It's already a legend. You really must bring it on next year's Citroen Classic Challenge in France! :)
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
kernowtim
Confirmed BX'er
1999 ford focus 1.8TD

Post by kernowtim »

Have made a start on removing sign writing so I can clean up paintwork, both front doors are dented so really need replacing, the left is worse and the window doesn't open so that is first in line, have found a door locally but its wrong colour, tailgate is cracked as are rear lights, front bumper and there is gaffa tape over a rust patch in the rear wing, and that's just for starters,haven't really looked properly at it in daylight!!!
Have replaced length of mains flex that doubled for a brake light switch and found carpet wet as well..driveshaft on order, must look at engine mounts and 'sports' exhaust,drivers window doesn't shut properly and has gap at top corner, ,the list goes on..
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

Good luck with it bud, hope to join you in Cornwall soon.

Andy
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

With respect to choice of car and choice of forum you couldn't really have done better! :)
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
kernowtim
Confirmed BX'er
1999 ford focus 1.8TD

Post by kernowtim »

Thanks for the kind replies... Had my first look at the engine bay tonight ;-) , battery clamp loose so tightened it up, First bit of mechanicing!! Spotted a small rust hole on the inner wing and signs of engine oil leak but all fluid levels look OK. Planning on visiting shepton mallet car show on Sunday, 320 mile round trip.
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

well done
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
kernowtim
Confirmed BX'er
1999 ford focus 1.8TD

Post by kernowtim »

Change of plan as the wife has decided to spend money sorting out her dead fiesta tdci instead of selling , car will be sorn,ed until the new year ,give me time to sort driveshaft ,engine mount and cure oil leak from engine as well as general tidying, just got to clear enough space in garage, was a struggle to get fiesta in!!