Very bad news

Anything about BXs
Mothman

Re: Very bad news

Post by Mothman »

Me no understand your problems with F/B bud. And, ime sure you are sensible enough to ignore any adverts. Most of the rest of us do.
Ime sure the care is saveable but, at what cost cos we dont know what damage has been done. Do drive shafts suffer any damage when suddenly pulled out whilst rotating for example?

Andy
David
BXpert

Post by David »

I've just dusted the webs out of my facebook account & had a look at the picture of the car on there.

To me it doesn't look too bad at all. I would assume all it would need is a new balljoint. It would probably want the strut, strut top support & the metalwork looking at.
It could have damaged the driveshaft, but possibly not. I can't see it have damaged the subframe or wishbone as there is simply no way it could have; if the balljoint gave way then all the stress would have been on the wheel, strut & possibly steering rack.

I would suggest letting someone in the know (not some insurance company) have a look at it.
Tinkley wrote:Mmmm maybe but I'm not signing up to F B K to see it!. If I did, the site would probably say Win 2k not supported etc etc, especially with Firefox 12 lol. No loss. A googly just gave me a 'music' club!.

Odd really, some FBook pages I can see fine like the Chevronics one etc etc.

Anyway no big deal, but I'll bet that car is salvable.
The old "This can't be shown because your on a outdated operating system" does get a little boring doesn't it.
1992 Citroën BX 1.9 Diesel Meteor 4x4 - The Project.

1992 Citroën BX 1.9 TXD (with GTI engine; Mulleys old car) - Parts car.

2004 Citroën Xsara Desire. (Now gone).

2016 Ford Focus Zetec - Daily Driver. (Absolute bone shaker).
Tinkley
1K Away

Post by Tinkley »

Probably right about the damage, maybe a new track rod n/s, new ball joint, maybe hub. Check strut is still straight and perhaps reseat the top mount ie ensure central. Possibly it might have damaged wishbone bushes but only if they were on their way out anyway. Lastly a small ammount of bodywork which can be sorted several ways.

I do actually have a much more modern box but keep it off the web as much as possible to keep it 'clean'..... :wink: AV slows lots of things down so can't be bothered. Having got 2k to run current Flash player etc - try editing in HEX code and it works!, etc it is a useful 'browsing' tool. All good fun, unfortunately the Win 98 box can't run a more modern browser than IE 6.1..... :lol: yet is still capable of quick 2D drafting!.
Thread Bear
1K Away

Post by Thread Bear »

Could it be that FB account folk are those that would not wish to put back together such a damaged BX, in the same way they do not wish to do the extra effort required to put together non FB coms, as FB 'is easier' (not)? :wink:

Retires to Gibraltar while Nov 5th ensues on line and Roman candles through post box, effigies on bonfires, etc. :lol:
Miguel - 16 TRS Auto S, light blue, 43k miles - £450
Pluto - 14 E S, White, 105k Miles - in work
Egbert - 19 16v Gti, White, A/C & Leather, - Keeper
Walt - 17 TZD Turbo S, graphite, 70k miles, good op extras - Keeper
Scraper- 17 TZD Turbo E, blue, 208k miles - parts
Homer - 19 TXD E, Red, 189k miles - £250
Gary - 17 TZD Turbo E, 118k miles - in work

'87 Trooper, Borgwards, Saabs, MG ZB, Bellamy Trials, Fiat Jolly & Bianchina, Goggo Dart, Messerschmitt, Heinkel, Bubblecars
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Thread Bear wrote:Could it be that FB account folk are those that would not wish to put back together such a damaged BX, in the same way they do not wish to do the extra effort required to put together non FB coms, as FB 'is easier' (not)? :wink:
That's very unfair. Most 'make the effort' to do both.
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

Thread Bear wrote:Could it be that FB account folk are those that would not wish to put back together such a damaged BX, in the same way they do not wish to do the extra effort required to put together non FB coms, as FB 'is easier' (not)? :wink:
You'll have to let us know when it would fit in with your busy schedule.
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

Philip Chidlow wrote:
That's very unfair. Most 'make the effort' to do both.

I totally agree with you Phil, I put all the piccies and more of Mollie's restoration on here, F/B and the CCC website for all to see, even though its much more of an effort to post them here. Maybe its time for some to come out of the stone age.

Andy
Thread Bear
1K Away

Post by Thread Bear »

They had jokes in the stone age too, you know, I was there. Don't be deflected from trying to save the car, I already called pax on the other thread. It was just to good an opportunity to miss, apologies.
Miguel - 16 TRS Auto S, light blue, 43k miles - £450
Pluto - 14 E S, White, 105k Miles - in work
Egbert - 19 16v Gti, White, A/C & Leather, - Keeper
Walt - 17 TZD Turbo S, graphite, 70k miles, good op extras - Keeper
Scraper- 17 TZD Turbo E, blue, 208k miles - parts
Homer - 19 TXD E, Red, 189k miles - £250
Gary - 17 TZD Turbo E, 118k miles - in work

'87 Trooper, Borgwards, Saabs, MG ZB, Bellamy Trials, Fiat Jolly & Bianchina, Goggo Dart, Messerschmitt, Heinkel, Bubblecars
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

:) and peace descended on the land lol ;)
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

I hope so too. :D :D

Andy