Aircon question

BX Tech talk
velosolex50
Confirmed BX'er

Intermittent aircon

Post by velosolex50 »

Hi again. Aircon now seems to be fixed, courtesy of bypassing the pressure switch fitted to the receiver dryer. Now the fans run at full speed all the time, but the compressor cuts in and out according to the evaporator temperature, with a 10k slider variable resistor replacing the lost dash controller. Excellent! (but for how long I wonder?)
Anyway, thanks all of you who contributed, it was all most helpful.
Cheers
Huw
velosolex50
Confirmed BX'er

Post by velosolex50 »

Well. wrong again. After a while it went intermittent again. Next trick was replace the thermistor as suggested by Alan & others, and this seems to have done the trick for now. Wonder how long it will last this time?
Jaba
1K Away
My Cars: BX GTi, C3 Auto

Post by Jaba »

Tim,
I have a spare black fascia panel for a aircon vehicle with the a/c slider switch and air recirculation feature if that helps at all?
Have you still got this panel cos I need one. I have just relieved adamski of his scrap aircon components but the panel is GREY and my recipient BX is BLACK.

I can do a swap if that makes sense for you. I have PMed you about this as well.
The Joy of BX with just one Citroën BX to my name now. Will I sing Bye Bye to my GTI or will it be Till death us do part.