Post by greendale65 »

Hello all, Does this do on all Bx models also the
the part the front sphere sits on.
8) :)
David
BXpert

Re: flow distrubution valve

Post by David »

Could you explain your question more clearly?
1992 Citroën BX 1.9 Diesel Meteor 4x4 - The Project.

1992 Citroën BX 1.9 TXD (with GTI engine; Mulleys old car) - Parts car.

2004 Citroën Xsara Desire. (Now gone).

2016 Ford Focus Zetec - Daily Driver. (Absolute bone shaker).
greendale65
BXpert

Post by greendale65 »

greendale65 wrote:Hello all, Does this do on all Bx models also the
the part the front sphere sits on.
8) :)
Hi, What I'm saying is are they all the same
on all bx's.
Cheers :)
David
BXpert

Post by David »

You've still lost me.

The flow divider valve (F.D.V) is the small block that screws on to the gearbox above the pressure regulator. It gets oil from the hydraulic pump & sends it to the power steering so the steering works & onwards to the pressure regulator.

On models without power steering, the car doesn't have a F.D.V, but instead the oil goes straight to the pressure regulator.

A sphere, known as an accumulator sphere, screws on to this pressure regulator, which ensures there is a certain amount of hydraulic pressure in the system & ensures the pump isn't responsible for continually pumping oil which is needed for the suspension or brakes, but instead keeps the pressure topped up on the accumulator sphere. The pressure regulator then acts like a circuit breaker to send excess oil back to the hydraulic tank until more oil pressure is needed in the accumulator sphere again, at which time the pressure regulator lets more oil in.

There are 2 types of pressure regulator, one for the cars with power steering, & a different one for the cars without. The main difference being the one for a car with power steering has 2 more pipes in it.

There are various types of accumulator sphere, depending on the specification of your car, all of which have different pressures in them. Some members of the forum have even changed their accumulator spheres for different ones to make the hydraulic system better.

There is only one type of F.D.V. The only difference being; Ether your car has one or not.

(this is as far as I know, if anyone can correct anything I have said, please do).

Hopefully I have answered your question.
1992 Citroën BX 1.9 Diesel Meteor 4x4 - The Project.

1992 Citroën BX 1.9 TXD (with GTI engine; Mulleys old car) - Parts car.

2004 Citroën Xsara Desire. (Now gone).

2016 Ford Focus Zetec - Daily Driver. (Absolute bone shaker).
greendale65
BXpert

Post by greendale65 »

David wrote:You've still lost me.

The flow divider valve (F.D.V) is the small block that screws on to the gearbox above the pressure regulator. It gets oil from the hydraulic pump & sends it to the power steering so the steering works & onwards to the pressure regulator.

On models without power steering, the car doesn't have a F.D.V, but instead the oil goes straight to the pressure regulator.

A sphere, known as an accumulator sphere, screws on to this pressure regulator, which ensures there is a certain amount of hydraulic pressure in the system & ensures the pump isn't responsible for continually pumping oil which is needed for the suspension or brakes, but instead keeps the pressure topped up on the accumulator sphere. The pressure regulator then acts like a circuit breaker to send excess oil back to the hydraulic tank until more oil pressure is needed in the accumulator sphere again, at which time the pressure regulator lets more oil in.

There are 2 types of pressure regulator, one for the cars with power steering, & a different one for the cars without. The main difference being the one for a car with power steering has 2 more pipes in it.

There are various types of accumulator sphere, depending on the specification of your car, all of which have different pressures in them. Some members of the forum have even changed their accumulator spheres for different ones to make the hydraulic system better.

There is only one type of F.D.V. The only difference being; Ether your car has one or not.

(this is as far as I know, if anyone can correct anything I have said, please do).

Hopefully I have answered your question.
Hello, Thanks you have.
:)
citronut
Over 2k

Post by citronut »

what is wrong with your regulator?????

regards malcolm
curent ride
K reg BX 17TD TZD est
also own
K reg D special

no longer have
H reg CX saffari 2.5 TRI (now gone to Malaysia)
R reg xantia 1.9TD est (gone to meet its maker)
greendale65
BXpert

Post by greendale65 »

citronut wrote:what is wrong with your regulator?????

regards malcolm
Thought I might get one for spare the garage
replaced my old one said it was leaking
I'm not sure if they know what they are
doing. do they leak he said it
was.
citronut
Over 2k

Post by citronut »

the usual leak is from the rear end under the mounting plate, this is a very easy fix just by fitting a new O ring,

it has to come off the car to do this but not that hard a job

regards malcolm
curent ride
K reg BX 17TD TZD est
also own
K reg D special

no longer have
H reg CX saffari 2.5 TRI (now gone to Malaysia)
R reg xantia 1.9TD est (gone to meet its maker)
greendale65
BXpert

Post by greendale65 »

citronut wrote:the usual leak is from the rear end under the mounting plate, this is a very easy fix just by fitting a new O ring,

it has to come off the car to do this but not that hard a job

regards malcolm
Thanks Malcolm
Pity you wasn't in Worthing
do jobs on my car. 8) :) ^^bx> 16v
( Could be looking for leather interior for my valver)