Where did you buy yours?

Anything about BXs

Where did you buy your BX?

Ebay, and i've never had to do a thing
16%
Ebay. and it needed loads (like an engine!)
26%
Some guy down the road (or friend of a friend)
42%
Automart (or other free paper)
16%

Total votes: 19

M

Post by M »

Mr B wrote:
Marty wrote: by all means buy one off eBay - but be prepared to treat it as a spares car or be preparred to spend many hours and ££££ getting it right.
And did I just :roll:
Yeah, but you KNOW what a mechanical numpty I am - besides that Green Beastie is giving you hours and hours of cool fun.....
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

citroen7 wrote:None taken, should have checked my grammar !
Why, does she know where your spare mum is too? :lol:

(Sorry, just in one of those moods!)

Going back on topic I`ve had three (I think) BX`s from eBay. One was £1.60 so I couldn`t complain whatever it was like, though was actually better than I thought. The 2nd was the TZD which was about what I expected and didn`t really need anything to major to sort out and the 3rd was the 1.9TD. No too happy about that one: ok it was cheap but the owner promised some `mint` spare doors which weren`t with it, he`d removed the battery, asked me if I wanted the CD multi changer and head unit (extra) which I did and paid for and he then ripped it out of the car leaving the wiring hanging down and the cloumn shroud broken.
To top it all no V5 he`s `lost it, but never mind as you (meaning me) can apply for a new one`.
E-mailed him the other day to suggest he should pay for it (£19) as he didn`t say it was missing but haven`t heard anything back.
I think it`s time to remind him that selling a car without a V5 can result in a £1,000 fine and I will happily inform the authorities because I feel I`ve been had over :evil:
None of the above would stop me buying another one off eBay though, everything has it`s price.
Vauxhall apologist.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

True cavmad, if, best to view it first and then bid, but if its miles away then thats not always possible. Most expensive car I have bought on ebay was £280 so were not talking alot.
M

Post by M »

tim leech wrote: Most expensive car I have bought on ebay was £280 so were not talking alot.
I stopped reckoning up past £400 with the TZD Turbot I bought (car cost £122) The AX cost £500 and was probably worth about 50p.

I must get a marker pen and write on my forhead - Dont Buy Cars Off Ebay.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Citroen`s aside I can`t deny eBay has been fantastic for me for car purchases and selling purposes. I have had some stupidly cheap cars from there, especially the last few months, and I honestly think it`s the best thing since sliced bread.
If something`s really cheap then I think it has to be worth a punt-my theory is that if I`m prepared to pay X amount for an item then someone else would be too and I`m unlikley to lose out, a theory which thankfully has worked on 99.9% of occasions so far!
Vauxhall apologist.
citroen7
BXpert

Post by citroen7 »

cavmad i dont know what you have been drinking recently but it is obviously good stuff!! Iagree about ebay the only problem i have is cheapskates trying to charge extra for postage and cli do not live in the uk
M

Post by M »

citroen7 wrote:only problem i have is cheapskates trying to charge extra for postage and cli do not live in the uk
Robin - stickers away in the post tomorrow - but will need more for P & P 'cos your abroad mate :wink:
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

The rip off postal charges are for two reasons: Firstly they (the seller) make extra money on it and secondly (and most importantly apparantly) is that eBay`s final valuation fees are based on the end price (winning bid) for an item and therefore they don`t charge the seller a cut of the postage fees.
Witness how many Hong Kong based sellers flog electrical goods, car stereos, etc, etc etc for pennies then charge a small fortune for postage. I asked a bloke once whether I could collect some small motorcycle parts he wanted £5.00 for and £25 to post and he said `if I could catch him in a certain pub between 9.30pm and midnight when he wasn`t p*ssed that was fine but otherwise hard effing luck`. You can probably guess that I didn`t bother getting in contact again.
Another thing I don`t like is private feedback. Why? What are they trying to hide? Found a very nice looking quad bike which (despite horrendous delivery charges) was still extremely cheap but seller has 91% private feedback and 13 bad remarks in the last month or so.
No thanks, I`d just bet they`re either nothing like he advertises or I`ll never see the goods or my money again.
Suprise, suprise `no callers, no collections delivery only`.
Vauxhall apologist.
citroen7
BXpert

Post by citroen7 »

thanks marty i take it you have been at the jungle juice too??
M

Post by M »

cavmad wrote:The rip off postal charges are for two reasons: Firstly they (the seller) make extra money on it and secondly (and most importantly apparantly) is that eBay`s final valuation fees are based on the end price (winning bid) for an item and therefore they don`t charge the seller a cut of the postage fees.
Yup - hacks me off no end this. Anyone seeing / bidding on one of my sales will know I only charge the actual postage cost, very very occasionally if I have to get a jiffibag I charge a bit more - and I always offer collection either from the M55 coridor or around Preston (in fact the 1958 Murphy telly Im flogging is collection only).
I have almost all but given up dealing with people who quote astronomical prices for postage now.
citroen7 wrote:thanks marty i take it you have been at the jungle juice too??
Its been a very slow afternoon in the world of drugs and alcohol today.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Its been a very slow afternoon in the world of drugs and alcohol today.[/quote]

I`d send you another patient but she won`t fit in a box and I can`t afford my own postage charges :lol:
Vauxhall apologist.
OwenS
BXpert

Post by OwenS »

Mine came from used car dealer.
2007 Sportka
Stewart (oily!)
1K Away

Post by Stewart (oily!) »

The Hooligan was an ebay purchase, honestly described as having a knackered HG and clutch, I bought the GTI from the local rag, the Mk1 RD from the local rag, and I have been given about four others, I like ebay to a certain point though the attractive cars are always in Dorset or Scotland :( Most folks seem capable of the worst lies when describing cars for sale, ask a car salesman, most folks know eff all about motors too so its a jungle out there :twisted:
Stewart
TZD 19 TD one of the few
Xantia Td estate, going soft
pitman
BXpert

Post by pitman »

Way2go wrote:No category for main dealer. :?
Two GTi's bought brand new from Citroen Main Dealer.
The same as me.

I bought our BX brand new from a Citroën dealer almost twenty years ago.

:)
BX Leader 19 Diesel - 1986
Jezzie 16v
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Jezzie 16v »

The 1.4e i had and 2 16v's came from a local paper ad, and my current 16v came from "a bloke down the road"

Jez
89' Bx16v-Leather and Air
89' Bx16 TRS-Lost its will to live
82' Capri 1.6 Caberet- One day I'll drive it

"You have to be trusted, by the people that you lie too"