BX 16 TRS Auto, '87

Advertise your car for sale here. No parts or eBay spots in here please.
Thread Bear
1K Away

BX 16 TRS Auto, '87

Post by Thread Bear »

The following car will be appearing in adverts shortly. Verbiage slightly altered.

Citroen BX 16 TRS Automatic Saloon.
Only 2 owners from registration in May 1987, now showing 28k miles, only 47k miles actually documented, speedo cable repaired. This early Mk2 styled car offers full classic car insurance potential. In attractive light metallic blue with PAS, all electric windows and powered sunroof, along with desirable tinted opera rear quarter light. Tidy original unmodified interior which all works save dashlight bulb on fuel gauge side of binnacle.

This car was rescued from being scrapped in Blackpool in 2013, via the forum, where pics exist. After some work it went straight through an MOT running to 25th Feb 2015. It was back in use again, after a major service to remove resulting gremlins from lack of use. Sphere change, the automatic choke has been rebuilt, filters and fluids cleaned/flushed/replaced. The HT leads replaced with copper cored, to much smoother performance. Apparently it is a 93 bhp Weber carburettor version of the 1.6 petrol engine, happily powerful, driving a 4 speed ZF autobox working well. Great in town or motorway, it can be economical to drive with a light foot. It performs well now.

When on the ramp at MOT we checked out the body. It was found to be in good condition, minimal rust. Sadly the n/s rear has collected an impact including the rear door. Its bruised the skin of the panels. There is a car park dent on the front o/s wing. Most of this will replace by bolt ons, if panels are found, or will come out. The paint is OK, but needs at least polishing, if you want shiny. There is a replacement sunroof and carriage set included, as the current one is left shut due to a rusting carriage. Also another 3 lt of Dexron 11 transmission fluid, as ideally it needs a further change to get the auto box cleaned right out. Normal driver's seat bold patch appearing in the soft material.

Sadly the fore to aft high pressure pipe has now failed. Reality is it needs the four pipes changed/modified. This is beyond my particular health situation, to do with a leg with lymphoma, to resolve, though for the able bodied not really a difficult job. This occurred just before the booked MOT and the car is otherwise ready to go, save the rear exhaust was scrapped to access the LHM pipes. I have the two silencers which may be bought at Ebay cost, where I got them, as an extra. Likewise a towbar can be included for £10. I have other BX I can get sorted out without risking my health, and I was only getting car back on the road to sell anyway. Auto driving is not for me. To good to scrap and, pipes done, a perfect driving car to improve for someone. Should be an investment with the cars becoming classics, one of the better specs?

None driver, but will drive to load, collect from near Oxford, £450 ono. Big Al on 01793 780133
Last edited by Thread Bear on Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
Miguel - 16 TRS Auto S, light blue, 43k miles - £450
Pluto - 14 E S, White, 105k Miles - in work
Egbert - 19 16v Gti, White, A/C & Leather, - Keeper
Walt - 17 TZD Turbo S, graphite, 70k miles, good op extras - Keeper
Scraper- 17 TZD Turbo E, blue, 208k miles - parts
Homer - 19 TXD E, Red, 189k miles - £250
Gary - 17 TZD Turbo E, 118k miles - in work

'87 Trooper, Borgwards, Saabs, MG ZB, Bellamy Trials, Fiat Jolly & Bianchina, Goggo Dart, Messerschmitt, Heinkel, Bubblecars
oladiti

Re: BX 16 TRS Auto, '87 on the road

Post by oladiti »

Hi Gary,
Im a relatively new member on the forum, I am actively looking for an estate bx or hatchback diesel in Automatic (1.9)engine.
Or even may be estate diesel in automatic or manual. Can you help ? any assistance will be appreciated.
07951 663 424.
Regards
Ollie
Thread Bear
1K Away

Re: BX 16 TRS Auto

Post by Thread Bear »

I am not sure diesel Auto is that common an option. My bud made his out of his dead 1.9 and a 1.6 petrol auto, using the shell to rehouse the engine. I will be selling on a 1.9 TZD estate, but its manual.
Last edited by Thread Bear on Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

'87 Trooper, Borgwards, Saabs, MG ZB, Bellamy Trials, Fiat Jolly & Bianchina, Goggo Dart, Messerschmitt, Heinkel, Bubblecars
Thread Bear
1K Away

Re: BX 16 TRS Auto, '87 on the road

Post by Thread Bear »

Miguel advert now altered as I really should not do the work to repair the failed suspension pipe.