getting rid of last bx bits

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
16valver
Confirmed BX'er

getting rid of last bx bits

Post by 16valver »

hi all
i still have a genuine bx towbar off a hatchback if theres a difference. i unplugged the wiring, has surface rust on it and you'd need a new bracket and socket but thats like 10 quid. if i were fitting it i'd have it shotblasted and paint it, but personal preference.
if there is interest i'll get a pick
£Offers
could post it, but don't know how much.

Also, have a couple door cards front and back with the blue/grey colour combo.
£offers

LHM pump setup for a 16v, with the belt.
I reckon it worked but the car had a rotted pipe so not 100%
£offers
i'm based in devon
16valver
Confirmed BX'er

Re: getting rid of last bx bits

Post by 16valver »

ooh,
i have an ignition lock and key
abs ecu
and abs sensors too
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

I'm interested in the ABS stuff :) pm me?
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
really?
BXpert

Post by really? »

Hi, second dibs on abs stuff. Need nearside front especially if a spare one. thanks.
Tinkley
1K Away

Post by Tinkley »

The OE Citroen towbars are good too - mine's on it's third BX. I had it blasted when it got transferred a few years back and put Hammerite on it. They will save your car from a rear shunt unless pretty extreme...... :wink:
misterd

Post by misterd »

Hi, would love the tow bar, i am in Wilts and willing to pay post. tex me or ring : 07561 404399 Cheers
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

Tinkley wrote:The OE Citroen towbars are good too - mine's on it's third BX. I had it blasted when it got transferred a few years back and put Hammerite on it. They will save your car from a rear shunt unless pretty extreme...... :wink:
They make it worse - it transfers all the energy into the chassis legs. That's what killed my Dad's mk1 16TRS back in 1994! :lol:

Car didn't look damaged because the bar didn't crumple, but it lost 3in in length!
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Rather than just protect the rear bumper from a slight knock - nothing too big as I'm with Kitch on this - I think they're best used to deter people from parking too close to the car's rear - and they are a convenient reverse parking sensor! ;)
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

Sod the genuine Citroen towbar, you need one of these to deter tail gaters;

Worked better before it was painted and yes it was a god awful thing to tow with, bouncing away . . .

<apologies for the post hijack!>
16valver
Confirmed BX'er

Post by 16valver »

haha, looks good.

off topic a bit, does anyone know wwhat the resistance values should be for the sensors so i can test them before i sell them?

also, found a wiper motor/linkage setup and the bottom half of the airbox tonight too.
Tinkley
1K Away

Post by Tinkley »

Kitch wrote: They make it worse - it transfers all the energy into the chassis legs. That's what killed my Dad's mk1 16TRS back in 1994! :lol:

Car didn't look damaged because the bar didn't crumple, but it lost 3in in length!
Note I said 'extreme'!. Having been rear ended four times so far and one bump wrote the car off yet it was still OK wheelbase and geometry those OE bars are still pretty good. Yes, if you hit it hard enough the energy has to go somewhere but I'd bet that without the bar the car would have been written off anyway. The others did no damage except to the vehicles that hit the bar, ironically the first was on my drive home with my 'new' BX (first one I bought) after having had the bar fitted..... :wink: Bloody V****s
My 'biggy' was a BMW 320 diesel and IF it had hit the rear hatch the car would have been finished. As it was the C pillar was slightly distorted - the parcel shelf opening is a bit wider.... :lol:

As the mount is primarily on to the I beams under the chassis these take more load before deformation than the more square rear part of the monocoque. BTW to mount and or remove these bars a healthy piece of timber the correct size to wedge the ends apart slightly is a major help. My one ('bar) tends to 'spring' inwards making it very hard to remove or mount without this helper.... just hammer it in to wedge the ends apart and it makes the job very easy. Hopefully you can get the proper plug in wiring harness part too as this makes transfer easy too.

So Kitch, having lost 3" undernneath, your Dad's car had a sort of haunched look? :lol: or did it just hightail it's way out? :lol:
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

16valver wrote: off topic a bit, does anyone know wwhat the resistance values should be for the sensors so i can test them before i sell them?
workshop manual says between 800 and 1400ohm
really?
BXpert

Post by really? »

did you sell all the ABS stuff to Philip or is anything still available? :?
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

I take it the 16V pump has gone?
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
16valver
Confirmed BX'er

Post by 16valver »

pump- prov sold to mulley
abs stuff - prov sold to phill
towbar bar prov sold to misterd
need to check wiper motor, but if okay prov sold.

Also found the steering wheel under my bed today. ill take a pic as it could easily have been changed. (don't know if the 16's had a different one.)