stuck rear sphere

BX Tech talk
nige
Confirmed BX'er

Re: stuck rear sphere

Post by nige »

brilliant, i have shifted it, exhaust clamp with a metal bar.. now to source a new pipe..fingers crossed i haven't wrecked the ram..
all i want for christmas is a dukla prague away kit

The fleet:
1992 Citroen BX 19TXD
1972 VW Camper
1969 Triumph Spitfire MKIII
1984 Kawasaki Z750
2002 Ibiza Seat
citronut
Over 2k

Post by citronut »

glad you shifted it, regarding the pipe do you have a Citroen independent repairer local to you, as they could make you the pipe in 3,5mm kunifer

regards malcolm
curent ride
K reg BX 17TD TZD est
also own
K reg D special

no longer have
H reg CX saffari 2.5 TRI (now gone to Malaysia)
R reg xantia 1.9TD est (gone to meet its maker)
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

Well done bud, i like it when a plan comes together, give yourself a cigar!!

Fingers crossed you can get a new pipe, hopefully Pleiades will have one, or make you one. Ime sure the rear cylinder will be ok,if not, thats another matter.

Good luck.

Andy
nige
Confirmed BX'er

Post by nige »

ok so my local Citroen parts place can supply me a new pipe for about £14.. but they cant supply me the rubber hydraulic seals..i have a part no 03394710 ..are these easy to come by

The fleet:
1992 Citroen BX 19TXD
1972 VW Camper
1984 Kawasaki Z750
2002 Ibiza Seat
Tinkley
1K Away

Post by Tinkley »

These must be easy to come by, I've just had eight new ones!. You could try Chevronics, Pleiades, Citroen Classics etc they all must have them. Plus some others, any 2CV place will have them to hand... :wink:

Glad you shifted the beast successfully. It is also possible as said above, to make or have made replacement pipes in Cunifer.
citronut
Over 2k

Post by citronut »

9 time out of 10 the old seal is re/usable, just pluck of any strands of rubber sticking out around one or both ends,

usually the end pointing towards the pipe flare nut is were you find the strands of rubber,

regards malcolm
curent ride
K reg BX 17TD TZD est
also own
K reg D special

no longer have
H reg CX saffari 2.5 TRI (now gone to Malaysia)
R reg xantia 1.9TD est (gone to meet its maker)
nige
Confirmed BX'er

Post by nige »

thanks everyone! all fitted .. well chuffed. Was at the MOT today and had a MOT 'abandoned' ..never had one of them before.. half way through the MOT it started bleeding green from the front.. another pipe gone.. this time was just weeping.. its the one from the offside brake goes along the cross member into a junction.. its gonna be a right pain in the rear to fit in there.. hey ho.. keep going!

The fleet:
1992 Citroen BX 19TXD
1972 VW Camper
1984 Kawasaki Z750
2002 Ibiza Seat
Tinkley
1K Away

Post by Tinkley »

The front and near side front pipes (brakes) go to the bronze(?) or brass Y junction towards the n/s of front sub frame rear. This junction is clipped in a slide on/off action plastic retainer held in the sub frame. A fiddly thing to get the junction back if the pipes are at all bent slightly. Try to disturb it (junction) as little as possible. I found that if you unclip it, cut the offending pipe near the sealing 8mm flat screw, hold it from rotating with an adjustable and put a tight 8mm socket on it, they will come off.

Sounds like the other pipe may be a bit dodgy too. Straight forward to feed through and reseal, in place. The hard bit is replacing the Y junction back into it's holder, or holder to sub frame, hence try and disturb position minimally. If I remember right the Y junction unclips and the retainer slides up and down to hold/release. Be a bit gentle as the nylon will be pretty old by now. I've moved two of these a year or so back..... :wink:
Thread Bear
1K Away

Post by Thread Bear »

Hmm, that little sod. Every BX I have had has gone there. Daft place and daft design unless there is a ramp nearby. If I ever redesign the pipework, that gets moved and plumbed so it is unlikely to ever be a problem again.
Miguel - 16 TRS Auto S, light blue, 43k miles - £450
Pluto - 14 E S, White, 105k Miles - in work
Egbert - 19 16v Gti, White, A/C & Leather, - Keeper
Walt - 17 TZD Turbo S, graphite, 70k miles, good op extras - Keeper
Scraper- 17 TZD Turbo E, blue, 208k miles - parts
Homer - 19 TXD E, Red, 189k miles - £250
Gary - 17 TZD Turbo E, 118k miles - in work

'87 Trooper, Borgwards, Saabs, MG ZB, Bellamy Trials, Fiat Jolly & Bianchina, Goggo Dart, Messerschmitt, Heinkel, Bubblecars