The N REG!

Tell us about BXs you have spotted on the road, or BXs/parts spotted for sale including eBay finds.
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

The N REG!

Post by Tim Leech »

Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Re: The N REG!

Post by Kitch »

You've got to really want a TizzyDee to pay that much for one. I wonder why it keeps changing hands so often?
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Some cars do, my other Passion (Sd1's) have a very high ownership turnover, its an itch they want to scratch and people are fickle!

Its a lot of money but the kudos of being the last one ever registered may help, I should have bought it 5 years ago of James for £700!
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

Tim Leech wrote:Some cars do, my other Passion (Sd1's) have a very high ownership turnover, its an itch they want to scratch and people are fickle!

Its a lot of money but the kudos of being the last one ever registered may help, I should have bought it 5 years ago of James for £700!
TVRs are the same. It's common to find them with lots of owners, and people just want to tick owning one for the summer off their list. But a diesel BX??

I don't get the registration thing, personally (though I may be in the minority). The fact it's sat around un-registered somewhere for a few years isn't a good thing in my opinion, though enough years and miles have passed to negate any issues there. I just wouldn't pay more for the fact it was parked up somewhere - that's a hell of a storage fee :lol:

edited to add: If people do start owning BXs to tick them off a list, that's gotta be an indication they're beginning to make the transition into classic status, non?
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

Tim Leech wrote:Its a lot of money but the kudos of being the last one ever registered may help,
Was it registered later than the N-reg estate that I've seen?
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

£2000 isn't out there price-wise. My TZD T owes me more and there's still more to go. Ok I probably spent £500 more on buying the BX than I should've but even so... I was misled and a bit too trusting. Even if this costs £500 to get 99% it's still not too much for a sorted BX...
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Defender110
Over 2k
My Cars: Land Rover Discovery Series 1 200tdi 3 door
Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5
2020 Fiat Panda cross 4x4 twin air.

Post by Defender110 »

Kitch wrote:I wonder why it keeps changing hands so often?
:?: :?: It hasn't, one owner until 'Tourist' bought it and sold it to me without using it as he couldn't insure it, Then I owned it for 4 years before selling it to the current owner. So in reality 3 owners in 19 years!
Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
2003 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5 - Daily driver / hobby days and camping.
1993 Land Rover Discovery 200tdi Series 1 3 door - in need of TLC
2020 Fiat Panda 4x4 Cross Twin Air.
Paul296
Over 2k
My Cars: Citroen BX 17 TZD Hurricane
Citroen BX 17 TGD

Post by Paul296 »

These days if you want a really sorted BX, rust free, in tip-top mechanical condition and good clean paint you're going to need to part with 2 - 2.5k particularly for the higher spec models such as the TZD. For a mint(ish) 16v you can probably add another grand to that. I think anything from £1800 - £2300 is about right for that car.
Defender110
Over 2k

Post by Defender110 »

Paul296 wrote: I think anything from £1800 - £2300 is about right for that car.
I don't, I sold it for a £1000 last year and it failed to sell when it was last put up for sale at £2000 shortly afterwards. I think it would need to be totally fault free before fetching record money for TZD. They haven't gone up in value in reality with many still failing to sell.
Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
2003 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5 - Daily driver / hobby days and camping.
bxzx16v
BXpert

Post by bxzx16v »

A nice car but if I'd got 2k to spend it wouldn't be on that I'm afraid.

Mark
Paul296
Over 2k
My Cars: Citroen BX 17 TZD Hurricane
Citroen BX 17 TGD

Post by Paul296 »

Defender110 wrote:
Paul296 wrote: I think anything from £1800 - £2300 is about right for that car.
I don't,.
I think opinions are going to differ on what a BX is actually worth for sometime to come. Ultimately you're going to need several thousand pounds if you want a really good one.
Tinkley
1K Away

Post by Tinkley »

As long as it's not been along the beach where the seller lives it should be OK..... :lol:

Otherwise check for round 'holes' - think the end of 'Get Carter' and noting the sellers location...... :wink:
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

And here we are again talking down the values of BX's, scrap value only .......

If the values rise, they become more sought after and the number of survivors will increase, fact.

The fact that the GT has appeared in 3 classic magazines along with Kitch's one in the last 3 years is an indication they are getting there.
Defender110
Over 2k

Post by Defender110 »

Tim Leech wrote:And here we are again talking down the values of BX's, scrap value only .......

If the values rise, they become more sought after and the number of survivors will increase, fact.

We are not talking values down we are talking current reality, the fact you want them to be worth a lot more than they actually are Tim is totally irrelevant. The market decides the commodity value not a forum thread FACT! Whilst people are still seeing loads of very poor condition BX's on the market place they will not pay top money, only when these poor condition hanger ons have been restored or gone to Citroen heaven will the values start to rise properly but even then they will never be a high value classic car IMHO because people (wrongly) believe they have complicated hydraulics coupled with their plasticy unattractive interiors (for a classic). The fact so many diesels have survived isn't helping either, classic car buyers prefer smoother petrols than old clanky diesels which will see the value of the petrols overtake the value of the diesels if they haven't already. High MPG is not a real factor in the low mileage classic car market.
Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
citronut
Over 2k

Post by citronut »

Kitch wrote:You've got to really want a TizzyDee to pay that much for one.

not if you look at how much Mr A Adams is handing over the Mr R Moss it aint a lot at all

regards malcolm
curent ride
K reg BX 17TD TZD est
also own
K reg D special

no longer have
H reg CX saffari 2.5 TRI (now gone to Malaysia)
R reg xantia 1.9TD est (gone to meet its maker)