Stupid question time.....

BX Tech talk
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Stupid question time.....

Post by cavmad »

...are these clocks 140mph ones? Silly question because they are mine, but I`m stuck at work and too dim to remember! They were off a 1.9TGD estate, circa `91/`92.
Someone has asked me whether they are 140mph and if they light up green.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... B:AAQ:UK:1
Vauxhall apologist.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Speedos are all the same Cavmad whichever bx you buy mate. They do light up green.
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

But.

I think the rev-counter is Diesel or petrol specific, so you can't fit this one into a petrol model.
this might be a signature
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Indeed they are David, diesel tachos are all the same I think but theres quite a few petrol ones with different places for the redline to start. Also dependent if its a manual or auto.
DLM
Our Trim Guru
My Cars: Historically, lots of BX hatches/estates in the 90s/00s - 16/19i/17td/19d
Recent scruffy diesel n/a estate - "The Red Shed" - is no longer mine.

Post by DLM »

But all the units on a Veglia dash are removable and swappable. As I can't remember if the circuit board on the back is diesel/petrol-specific the way to go is to swap parts into a diesel dash if that's what you have. On the other hand you may have been looking for a tacho.....
Back on two wheels and pedal power for the moment.
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

ive got a petrol console with a diesel tacho no problems, and the old car had a diesel dash with a retro fitted tacho, dont think it makes too much difference with the Veglia, there lovely little units