Wanted clock and gearbox

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
FPB7

Wanted clock and gearbox

Post by FPB7 »

Hello all,

I'm after a gearbox for a turbo diesel, if you've one tucked away under your bench somewhere. It to replace a N/A box with reverse next to first (BE1?) so no doubt I'll probably need gear linkages too and driveshafts? I don't know that much. The idea is to raise the gearing slightly to make motorway work a bit less revvy (yes 500 rpm isn't that much but every little counts)

Nest on the list is the digital clock for the dash tray. Mine had gone segmenty now(I think the ribbon had come un-attached at the back). Colour doesn't really matter but if there's a grey one...

Many thanks for looking.
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Re: Wanted clock and gearbox

Post by Tim Leech »

If you put in a TD box you will have a more relaxed cruise but it will blunt performance somewhat!
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
FPB7

Post by FPB7 »

On my calculations only slightly. First is the same on both boxes, second slightly different, third, and so on to a total of 500rpm difference. Should be fine, I'm no speed freak!
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Yes it will be just the 5th where its more noticeable
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
FPB7

Post by FPB7 »

Well, the initial plan was the whole hog 1.9td transplant a la Mr Fenwick but I'd like to just try the slightly taller gearing first on my N/A with modded Bosch pump. A bit more poke than normal (it's all relative!) so I'm sure it'll pull it just fine!
I have thought about changing just the 5th but the box I've got is a little slack in the drivetrain department So I might as well just replace the whole box for a later one.
If anyone has a digital clock by the way....