White Bx heading Bridgnorth to Wolverhampton.

Tell us about BXs you have spotted on the road, or BXs/parts spotted for sale including eBay finds.
demag
BXpert

White Bx heading Bridgnorth to Wolverhampton.

Post by demag »

I was with the missus having a Mother's Day meal in the Fox at Shipley when a white Box went gliding past towards Wolverhampton. It was 6.30 and looked nice in the few seconds that I saw it.
Dave.

2004 C5 Exclusive Estate 2.2hdi automatic.
1990 Bx TGS automatic.
Russ
Confirmed BX'er

Re: White Bx heading Bridgnorth to Wolverhampton.

Post by Russ »

Hello,

That was me... I bought the high priced "N reg" one off eBay!

I can't resist them especially as its quite a nice one.

I sold my 89 silver bx Leader a few months back and been scouring for a nice TZD for a while. I used to have an L reg TRD estate a few years back too, great engines!

Does the chap who used to own it on here? As Id quite like to get in touch with him about its history as I have nowt.

Cheers. Russ
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Hi Russ. Enjoy the BX! It was priced fairy realistically (unless you've ended up having to spend lots in it of course!)...
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Russ
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Russ »

Hi Phil,
Thanks, yeah it seems pretty good actually, pulls well but a little smokey under load so I need to look at that after I've given it a service. I've only renewed the belts, cambelt and water pump so far though only for peace of mind as I use it daily but all good. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
demag
BXpert

Post by demag »

Yes certainly looked nice. The midlands is a classic Citroen desert. I see near enough zero Bx/Xantia/Xm models.
Are you local to me then Russ?
Dave.

1990 Bx TGS automatic.
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Welcome Russ

That cars a bit of a BX Club legend, glad its in enthusiasts hands again, enjoy it.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Defender110
Over 2k
My Cars: Land Rover Discovery Series 1 200tdi 3 door
Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5
2020 Fiat Panda cross 4x4 twin air.

Post by Defender110 »

I am the previous owner, cracking car but I'm surprised you were not given the history as all the belts tensioners and water pump were changed last year with genuine Citroen parts at £375 + so I'm afraid you've wasted your money there and possibly lowered the spec if you've used spurious none genuine / OE parts?

Kevan
Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
2003 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5 - Daily driver / hobby days and camping.
1993 Land Rover Discovery 200tdi Series 1 3 door - in need of TLC
2020 Fiat Panda 4x4 Cross Twin Air.
Russ
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Russ »

Apologies all for the super super late reply I'm afraid I've been off my feet with work and only just noticed people replied!

Demag, If you live near Bridgnorth then yes you live by me although I haven't seen any Bx's local to me in years only the two laid up in Iornbridge that have been there for ever. Give me a shout if your over my way again if you like.

Tim leech, thank you. Yes I hear it's a very well known car. I've had a couple over the years a TRD estate and a TU 1360 Leader which I loved and was superb I've been searching high and low for a nice TZD, I was after a hurricane or an early GT but funnily enough none cropped up!

Kevan/Defender 110, Yes I agree it's a cracking little car big credit to you but yes the previous owner annoyingly didn't give me any history or indication that any work had been undertaken so I've been slowly working through it as its my daily driver. Bit annoying about the cambelt I guess it's Sod's law although you'll be glad to know I did actually use an OE kit at least haha

Anyway apologies again for the late response, perhaps I shall catch you soon at an event
demag
BXpert

Post by demag »

Hiya Russ hope you see this. To be honest I don't visit the site as much as I should but might be visiting more as my TGS has just passed the test. We are in Wednesbury but come out for a drive usually round Wombourne way to one of the country pubs for a bite.

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk
Dave.

1990 Bx TGS automatic.