!THE CHEVRONS RALLY (PREVIOUSLY CXM RALLY) 12/13 SEPT 2015!

Here members post meetings, events, meet ups and the like
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

!THE CHEVRONS RALLY (PREVIOUSLY CXM RALLY) 12/13 SEPT 2015!

Post by Tim Leech »

There was no CXM last year which was a disappointment as its always historically been a well attended show with a good selection of different cars, Paul296 spent 8 hours driving yesterday so had plenty of time to chat about such things!

It seems the CX section seems to have disbanded when the Ruggs retired so maybe the BX section could pick up the gauntlet?

We could stick to Little Horwood, and make it 1 or 2 day event depending on interest, I suggest in the interest of fairness it needs to be more southern based, Buckinghamshire way etc if there is a new venue?

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Cheers
Last edited by Tim Leech on Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Thread Bear
1K Away

Re: CXM/AUTUMN RALLY 2015?

Post by Thread Bear »

Tradition, or change. If change then organizer change can be a time to do it. What advantage is there in keeping a traditional venue that we know, and they know us? Not having participated much, I cannot say. Its certainly central. I would be interested. It is a little out of my area but I might be able to help.
Good venues are in short supply round here, unless you put your hand in your pocket. There might be options.
Miguel - 16 TRS Auto S, light blue, 43k miles - £450
Pluto - 14 E S, White, 105k Miles - in work
Egbert - 19 16v Gti, White, A/C & Leather, - Keeper
Walt - 17 TZD Turbo S, graphite, 70k miles, good op extras - Keeper
Scraper- 17 TZD Turbo E, blue, 208k miles - parts
Homer - 19 TXD E, Red, 189k miles - £250
Gary - 17 TZD Turbo E, 118k miles - in work

'87 Trooper, Borgwards, Saabs, MG ZB, Bellamy Trials, Fiat Jolly & Bianchina, Goggo Dart, Messerschmitt, Heinkel, Bubblecars
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Some of us are currently exploring 'southern' venues, largely within the M5/M4/M40 triangle. :)
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Cheers phil, you are "our man in the south!"
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

South?? Essex isn't south! It's practically Midlands! :lol:
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
Paul296
Over 2k
My Cars: Citroen BX 17 TZD Hurricane
Citroen BX 17 TGD

Post by Paul296 »

I think this is a excellent idea; a good general rally to end the season instead of a nondescript slide into winter would be very welcome. Sandre and I have had a word and we're on the case. Any suggestions for venues within easy reach of just north of the M25 much appreciated. Aylesbury has been mooted so far - that neck of the woods would be good anyway.
Mike E (uk)
1K Away

Post by Mike E (uk) »

Little Horwood is a good place for it.

Near M40,M1 & M25

(It's handy for me too.)
la BX 16 soupapes: sachez apprecier avec moderation.

It might be clever now, but it won't be in the morning!
Caffiend
Reluctant BXpert

Post by Caffiend »

I agree Mike. The idea though was about trying to get a bit closer ... actually to YOU. Scared yet?

If you have any suggestions as to where looks nice around your neck of the woods, let us know please?
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe
1991 TZD hatch (Triton Green)
1992 Hurricane
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

I like little horwood, ok there's not a fat lot else to do but if it's just for a few hours there's loads of cars and people to keep me busy! I've emailed alan kemp and franklin Rugg who used to have a hand in the cxm and will see what they say.
Thread Bear
1K Away

Post by Thread Bear »

Philip Chidlow wrote:Some of us are currently exploring 'southern' venues, largely within the M5/M4/M40 triangle. :)
Having done a lot of event organizing in this area I can tell you its got some great venues, but not many free ones.

The Cotswold Wildlife Park have for many years had car events. They do a deal whereby you get a large sward behind the carpark, for which you can charge what you like. They will pass cars allowed to enter through their entry free, the entrants then bypassing the carpark, to the reserved area. In our case I suspect either someone would need to identify entrants at the barrier, or some form of ID issued prior to arrival. Gate penguins are not employed for the knowledge of cars, if in doubt charge will be the rules. That makes a difficulty for the last minute, its a nice day, I will attend, folk. This venue offers diversions for those who are not interested in car. It has an eatery. But the cars a walk away from facilities.

The downside is, its a wild life park. So no camping. There is camping elsewhere, but do not be fooled by the site across the road. It is hostile to tents. Camping in the Cotswolds has a premium on it. But I do know of a few reasonable sites and depending on interests these can be made to work in differing ways.

So using the CWP you have a Sat based at a camp site, probably a run somewhere, the odd shandy in the evening. Sun a drive in day at CWP. Or you can do it the other way round as folk seem to like to leave earlier than of old to get home. Stuffs those that work on Sat though. There are loads of places to visit in this area and it is beautiful.

If you are in the Cotswolds, a tourist area, most venues charge. Might be able to get free parking in Bourton on the Warthog, but it may have been built on. If you venture north, in this space, you get near Stratford, which has an event already - I hope. Much is I prefer the Cotswolds, the Aylesbury hinterland might gain more support.

I do know of a Pub at Postcombe that might host. Its a bit of an oddity, but has a girt field behind it. It does food and B & B. A deal could probably be done. That is hard by the M40 junction 6. Yet this is only probably 15 miles from Little Horwood. A known venue for some of you.

'87 Trooper, Borgwards, Saabs, MG ZB, Bellamy Trials, Fiat Jolly & Bianchina, Goggo Dart, Messerschmitt, Heinkel, Bubblecars
greendale65
BXpert

Post by greendale65 »

Thread Bear wrote:
Philip Chidlow wrote:Some of us are currently exploring 'southern' venues, largely within the M5/M4/M40 triangle. :)
Having done a lot of event organizing in this area I can tell you its got some great venues, but not many free ones.

The Cotswold Wildlife Park have for many years had car events. They do a deal whereby you get a large sward behind the carpark, for which you can charge what you like. They will pass cars allowed to enter through their entry free, the entrants then bypassing the carpark, to the reserved area. In our case I suspect either someone would need to identify entrants at the barrier, or some form of ID issued prior to arrival. Gate penguins are not employed for the knowledge of cars, if in doubt charge will be the rules. That makes a difficulty for the last minute, its a nice day, I will attend, folk. This venue offers diversions for those who are not interested in car. It has an eatery. But the cars a walk away from facilities.

The downside is, its a wild life park. So no camping. There is camping elsewhere, but do not be fooled by the site across the road. It is hostile to tents. Camping in the Cotswolds has a premium on it. But I do know of a few reasonable sites and depending on interests these can be made to work in differing ways.

So using the CWP you have a Sat based at a camp site, probably a run somewhere, the odd shandy in the evening. Sun a drive in day at CWP. Or you can do it the other way round as folk seem to like to leave earlier than of old to get home. Stuffs those that work on Sat though. There are loads of places to visit in this area and it is beautiful.

If you are in the Cotswolds, a tourist area, most venues charge. Might be able to get free parking in Bourton on the Warthog, but it may have been built on. If you venture north, in this space, you get near Stratford, which has an event already - I hope. Much is I prefer the Cotswolds, the Aylesbury hinterland might gain more support.

I do know of a Pub at Postcombe that might host. Its a bit of an oddity, but has a girt field behind it. It does food and B & B. A deal could probably be done. That is hard by the M40 junction 6. Yet this is only probably 15 miles from Little Horwood. A known venue for some of you.
Gatwick/Crawley not the runway would suit me.
Thread Bear
1K Away

Post by Thread Bear »

Can I say The Runaways would suit me more than Gatwick/Crawley?

Caffiend
Reluctant BXpert

Post by Caffiend »

I have very fond memories of Burford and Triumph rallies every year at the CWP when I was a kid. Mum and us kids even got to wander round after hours once while Dad was sorting arrangements. Not all the wildlife was asleep.

That being said, it's the wrong side of Oxford for a central-ish rally really, although would be a fantastic venue for SW folks who want to tempt W Midlands at least.

Little Horwood might well be best bet for what is (in terms of event logistics) short notice.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe
1991 TZD hatch (Triton Green)
1992 Hurricane
Thread Bear
1K Away

Post by Thread Bear »

Those were the vibes I was getting, both on area, and venue. It ought to be much the easiest option.

Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Exactly the conclusion I was reaching: if it ain't bust don't fix it. Little Horwood is a good venue.
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v