sticker placement

Anything about BXs
citroen7
BXpert

sticker placement

Post by citroen7 »

just wanted to check is this the appropriate positioning of the car club sticker??Image

MrB huge picture edit
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

Stop sticking stickers in it, and give that thing a polish stat!!
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Mines smack bang in the middle of the screen at the rear, ive got some polish I can lend you!
Stewart (oily!)
1K Away

Post by Stewart (oily!) »

nice pink car :) It makes me feel less guilty now about polishing mine :D
Stewart
TZD 19 TD one of the few
Xantia Td estate, going soft
citroen7
BXpert

Post by citroen7 »

that was the main reason for posting which is the best to use ? whatever i have used in the past just fades back again, i did put auto glym bumper care on at one time which made it shine but that didnt last either!
sleepy0905
1K Away

Post by sleepy0905 »

This is how mine was when i first got it i used G3 cutting compund then auto Glym super resin polish every 3 weeks and I have never had a problem with it re fading you only have to look at the pictures of my BX for sale and you will see it is a very shiny red.
2017 Seat Leon ST FR 2.0 150Bhp
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

You need to t cut the body work first then put a good coat of polish on it to keep it from fading
Kitch
Over 2k

Post by Kitch »

Hope u didn't use bumper care on the body!

Use AutoGlym Super Resin. It'll need a few goes to get it perfect. Wouldn't bother with T-Cut, its too abbrasive and doesn't work great with the paint used on the placcy panels.

Super Resin a couple of times, then Extra Gloss Protection. Thats all I've ever used on mine.

Cornishbx16v
BXpert

Post by Cornishbx16v »

what you need is someone with a machine polisher mate!
kitch srp is good mate but oin the paint on that estate its beyond a couple of coats of srp! t-cut is okay but wont do too much! you would be better of with a good Compound!!!
ideally good compound and a machine polisher who knows what he's doing!
Timmo.

After all I AM CORNISH!!!!

www.bx16v.com
www.bx16v.co.uk/forum
www.bx16valve.co.uk
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Its had the tailgate panted or replaced at some time as the black paints missing just below the window, maybe why its gone flat.

My dads 19RD was the same colour, he had a arguement with a Cortina and it had a new front end which went very dull much quicker than the rest of the car.
Kitch
Over 2k

Post by Kitch »

Don't under estimate Super Resin, I've had a few red cars worse than that and it did the trick. T-Cut just got blotchy and made it swirl. SRP will take quite a few goes, but alot of elbow grease and I reckon it'll do good.

The black trim on the tailgate isn't paint on these, its like a shrinkwrapped black sticker. It come off with a decent hairdryer.

citroen7
BXpert

Post by citroen7 »

i wondered about the black bit as my other estate has it i just thought it was a later trim model Ithink the reason it has faded so badly is because it sat in a shed for about 3years with its arse sticking out to the elements! Yesterday i changed all 4 doors for some better ones and got a tin of polish out and after about 6 coats there is colour there !! perhaps this will spur me on to tidy the old girl up Timmo any tips on the best way ? as i get the impression that you are the paint guru!
Cornishbx16v
BXpert

Post by Cornishbx16v »

Kitch wrote:Don't under estimate Super Resin,
kitch, i dont want to sound off matey but i think i may have been using srp for a little longer than you!
Yes srp will do with a lot of coats but srp only has a solvent cut in it! t-cut has an active cut in it which means you can feel it working! if t-cut wasnt any good then why would they still be producing it after so many years?????? its true there are better products out there for removing dull patches on paint and i for one prefer Farecla G3, but then i have been using that for close to 10 years (time i have been professionally valeting), when ever i am faced with a car like the one in this thread witht he paint in the condition its in i would get the machine polisher out and go from there!
Its not simply about removing the oxidisation and thats it job done! its about removing it, cleaning the paint, conditioning it, sealing it and protecting it to prevent rapid re-oxidisation!
somehting srp cant do on its own!
Timmo.

After all I AM CORNISH!!!!

www.bx16v.com
www.bx16v.co.uk/forum
www.bx16valve.co.uk
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

:?
OwenS
BXpert

Post by OwenS »

Kitch wrote:

Super Resin a couple of times, then Extra Gloss Protection. Thats all I've ever used on mine.
Yep thats all I've ever used on mine too, does a great job on my cars triton green paintwork, judge for yourself in the 'our cars' section here!! Still I need something to restore the heavily faded paintwork above drivers door...prob need a bit of respraying there!!

My BXclub sticker is in top of rear screen, centrally mounted and my CCC one is in top of front screen on passenger side.
2007 Sportka