XU52C distributor to cam seal

BX Tech talk
Tinkley
1K Away

XU52C distributor to cam seal

Post by Tinkley »

Just wondering if anyone has the part number of this beast? Basically the engine is pissing oil through the distributor and even into the advance/retard vacuum hosing...making it impossible to set the idle amongst other things... :(
This car has the Ducellier (male) version dizzy and the other identical car has the Bosch version....
Anyway I need to fix this so any help pointing to a supplier will be much appreciated. Not even sure if it is an O ring or a proper seal or combination. BTW I will be marking the timing position prior to removal....... :lol:
Jaba
1K Away
My Cars: BX GTi, C3 Auto

Re: XU52C distributor to cam seal

Post by Jaba »

There are two sealing points : A single o-ring around the dizzy base where it fits into the cylinder head housing. Then there are internal seals of some sort (o-rings ?) on the distributor shaft. These are the ones that fail that you will need to identify and source. I wish I knew where from :cry:
The Joy of BX with just one Citroën BX to my name now. Will I sing Bye Bye to my GTI or will it be Till death us do part.
Tinkley
1K Away

Post by Tinkley »

Thanks for that info Jaba. I'll see if I can track the seals down, I think I'll need all of them... :wink:

So far have found the fitment for the 1.6 TZI which should be the same - can anyone confirm? Part No 593360 O ring 36.5 X 3mm.

One option is to fit the whole Bosch unit, and change the base O ring,but I'd have to manually set the timing.
It should not actually be too hard, with the Ducellier ref points as a guide. I've managed to set electronic ignition timing on the old Morini without any problems - and on that the strobe marks on the flywheel were 20 degrees out.

Any reason why the Forum does not accept some Unicode characters like the degree symbol btw? If you try, it just goes back to the login screen..... :P
Tinkley
1K Away

Post by Tinkley »

Local Pug dealer even knew what the part No was referring to!!. I phoned to check if they had it and was informed that they were in stock, which they were. Useful boys on Pug engine parts - Charters, Aldershot.

Princely sum of £1.16 inc VAT etc.