Thermostat housing part No

BX Tech talk
Tinkley
1K Away

Thermostat housing part No

Post by Tinkley »

Having resolved the dizzy leak the thermostat housing has broken leaving half the coolant somewhere in Farnham! If I'm lucky the gasket and liner seals are OK, but it certainly got very hot. At least the coolant temp warning lihts work even if in the wrong order -my fault when I replaced the engine, I'll swap lead feeds.

Does anyone have the part number for a 1.6 petrol thermostat housing (polymer) with 2 pipe feed and bleed screw. There seem to be lots of different ones that are not the same as the one I have. My unit is the 1.6 XU52C (BA1) type. For the time being I can borrow the (housing) unit on the old engine but as this is the same vintage you 'know' what is going to happen..... :wink:

Is this still available from Citroen, maybe?

Turns out there must be at least 2 types - I have both! however they require different top rad hoses. Ideally I'd like to get a 'straight' and down one ie 90 deg to block, rather than the 20/30 deg offset to C/L of vehicle one. I've temporarily forced the 'straight' type hose onto the angled type but it is far from ideal.
Tinkley
1K Away

Re: Thermostat housing part No

Post by Tinkley »

Finally tracked the beast down 1336A1 - the black plastic housing. Two types of even this available, so different bleed screws for either. Must have been one of the first Pug engines to use this type as one source says used 1990 -99. Oddly relatively hard to source in the UK.

Is the bleed screw cap actually a tyre valve cover? as the part itself seems to come without the screw and I don't trust my old one..... :wink:

The one I'm temporarily running on is an alloy unit.