Heater matrix

BX Tech talk
bxmurphy

Heater matrix

Post by bxmurphy »

Hi all, I am trying to fit a new heater matrix and having a problem getting matrix flange onto the heater tap. it looks as if the pipes are too long (I know they are not too long its just the angle of the tap face that makes it difficult)pushing tap into bulkhead pulling back on rad flange and still 6mm needed. I am tempted to cut the pipes and join with rubber pipes to give a bit of flex in the system. New rad is a valeo and looks better made than the one I took out, crimped ends I hope wont pull away with all this struggling.
bxmurphy

Re: Heater matrix

Post by bxmurphy »

It finally went in , left me battered, bruised,bleeding and worn out.Has anyone cut the pipes to make it easier to get in? i know the original has a smaller gap between the pipes and not much for room joining with heater hose.The valeo has 6mm between the pipes.
bxmurphy

Re: Heater matrix

Post by bxmurphy »

After fitting the new matrix I had a leak at the o rings,no original type available here,so after a couple of weeks away I have just got back to fixing the leak. I replaced them with standard 19.5mmx3mm o rings and all drips have stopped.I just pulled the matrix out far enough to clear the o rings,with the 3mm rings they sit proud of the surface and had to be carefull not to damage them sliding the whole lot back together.All seems to be dry for now.I hope it stays drip free,i have had enough of plunging in the foot well.