Front height corrector advise

BX Tech talk
Russ
Confirmed BX'er

Front height corrector advise

Post by Russ »

Hello all,

Hopefully someone can shed a little light on a problem that I have. I've just had a recon front height corrector fitted by a "classic Citroen" garage however the front ride height is nearly on the bump stops in normal ride height mode! Also the front does not rise at all when the leaver is moved higher! I've tried wobbling the leaver as I thought it may be stuck a little but nothing. Does anyone know what the height should be from the top of the tyre to the bottom of the wheel arch? If you know what I mean, It drives awful. Yes I will be calling the garage first thing as an unhappy customer.

Thank you

Russ

Oh it's a TZD saloon
rutter123
Over 2k
My Cars: 90 Bx Tzd turbo ven red 295k
74 D Super 5 black
05 Volvo V50 2.0d 180k
65 Peugeot Boxer work van 280k

Re: Front height corrector advise

Post by rutter123 »

have you checked the arm on the height corrector is actually moving or if its attached to the linkage at all. Could be that the system is low on lhm or has not been bled properly.. Is your hyd pump belt tight?
90 BX Tzd turbo 294k SORN undergoing major surgery
90 BX Tzd turbo estate 46k awaiting surgery
65 Peugeot Boxer Van the new workhorse
52 Toyota Rav4 180k Bulletproof Jap reliability
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

Take it back to garage, no doubt they charaged you for it. Let them put it right!
They think it's all over, it is now!
Russ
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Russ »

Hi everyone, thanks for your response. Yes the linkage is all attached and free etc although I did notice that there's not a huge amount of fluid in the res and I know that can cause problems however I haven't got any spare to hand at the mo so I'll pick some up tomorrow and see if that helps at all and I may give it a quick bleed. I will be calling the garage first thing as I'm not very impressed at all. I'd would have done it myself had I a bit more spare time, I wish I had now!

Does anyone know what the correct height that the front should be? Is it about 4 fingers or so?

Thanks again
Russ
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Russ »

Hi everyone, thanks for your response. Yes the linkage is all attached and free etc although I did notice that there's not a huge amount of fluid in the res and I know that can cause problems however I haven't got any spare to hand at the mo so I'll pick some up tomorrow and see if that helps at all and I may give it a quick bleed. I will be calling the garage first thing as I'm not very impressed at all. I'd would have done it myself had I a bit more spare time, I wish I had now!

Does anyone know what the correct height that the front should be? Is it about 4 fingers or so?

Thanks again
Russ
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Russ »

:)
Jaba
1K Away
My Cars: BX GTi, C3 Auto

Post by Jaba »

At the Normal setting the distance is 4 or 5 fingers twixt wheel and arch. Take it straight back, if this is the same problem as before the new H/A then the problem lies in the linkage and the adjustment of the sliding bracket at the front end.
The Joy of BX with just one Citroën BX to my name now. Will I sing Bye Bye to my GTI or will it be Till death us do part.
Russ
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Russ »

Fantastic thank you that's great. Yes I believe the problem lies with the slider in the HC it's self although the LHM is very low on closer inspection so I'll pop some in and give it a wriggle! I've spoke to the garage and they said they'd sort it but I'm not over impressed with them. Haha
rutter123
Over 2k
My Cars: 90 Bx Tzd turbo ven red 295k
74 D Super 5 black
05 Volvo V50 2.0d 180k
65 Peugeot Boxer work van 280k

Post by rutter123 »

If you plan to keep your bx longterm its best to d.i.y jobs like this, front height corrector bein quite a tricky job cos of its location, it will save you a lot of money if you do. The bx hyd system is not that complicated tho quite daunting to look at, once you have tackled a few of the components you will get a basic understanding. Im currently midway through changing some plumbing on my t/d with the main time consumer being freeing off rusted fixings, and limited access with no post lift.
90 BX Tzd turbo 294k SORN undergoing major surgery
90 BX Tzd turbo estate 46k awaiting surgery
65 Peugeot Boxer Van the new workhorse
52 Toyota Rav4 180k Bulletproof Jap reliability
Russ
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Russ »

Hello, Yeah I've had a few bx's over the years and generally do most things myself however with work being busy it's a bit impossible hence sending it to the garage but it should be finished by the end of the week.