Club cars in TV filming today

Anything about BXs
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Club cars in TV filming today

Post by Kitch »

I've copied most of this from the 16v forum, for those that don't use it. These cars are having a bit of PR at the moment, the latests candidates were my own 16v and Mike P's lovely ph1 GTi 16v.

Filming for the Used Car Roadshow took place at 5:20pm at Santa Pod, with Jason Dawes (ex Top Gear) and Penny Mallory (Driven).

Prepping the cars:

Getting some interior close ups of Mike's Ph1 (lovely car in the flesh too):

Mallory getting her greasy mits on my paintwork :shock: :lol:

I had a good day. Sadly it was filmed at a bit of a chav-fest, but you can't win em all!
I got the impression that Penny Mallory doesn't go much on BX's....she said its horrid. But Jason was really enthusiastic about the cars, and having spoken to him briefly he's actually a really friendly guy too!

I'm looking forward to seeing it on TV, it will be on Men and Motors at some point.

Good to meet Mike P too. Top bloke![/img]
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

Because there was such a thrilling repsonse to this, I thought I'd add that its to be screened tomorrow night at 9pm on Men and Motors.
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Well, I'm watching! It'll be good to see the cars in action. Enjoyed the 16v presence at the FCS. :D
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

I shall look forward to that Kitch and try to remember to watch it. Did Mike and Penny take them for a blast around the track and if so how did it feel watching your pride and joy being driven by someone else?
Vauxhall apologist.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Me too alarm set for 9pm! Anyone local without Sky your all welcome and theres beer or in the fridge! Or vino in the wine rack :D
OwenS
BXpert

Post by OwenS »

Sadly Im sky-less :(
2007 Sportka
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Well your welcom owen but its a long way to travel!

If i knew how to record off sky I would tape it!
OwenS
BXpert

Post by OwenS »

Hehe, yeah very long way to travel!! Especially as I have to be in work 9am the following day!!
2007 Sportka
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Thats a point! I have to be in VW in Milton Keynes for 9am to test the new EOS out. Must get a early night!
M

Post by M »

tim leech wrote:Thats a point! I have to be in VW in Milton Keynes for 9am to test the new EOS out. Must get a early night!
Yes, it looks nice that. Is it on the Golf platform? Far too many pennies for me though.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Pretty much, its a bit of "bitsa" Not cheap but they wil hold there money and have a bit more badge kudos than a 307 or Astra.
M

Post by M »

tim leech wrote:Pretty much, its a bit of "bitsa" Not cheap but they wil hold there money and have a bit more badge kudos than a 307 or Astra.
Ah, well thats VW's for you full stop. Take a look at last months practical Cla$$ics - you can have a 1984 Astra with 35K for £225 or a Scirocco with 140K miles for £700 - I once had a Polo Formel E in Polar Silver (old bloke gold) advertised it for sale (and it was a bit of a wreck) and the phone nearly went into meltdown, yet I struggled to shift a much better condition Fiesta :?
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

tim leech wrote:Pretty much, its a bit of "bitsa" Not cheap but they wil hold there money and have a bit more badge kudos than a 307 or Astra.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Only a VW salesman could say that and actually believe it :lol:
Vauxhall apologist.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Marty wrote:
Ah, well thats VW's for you full stop. Take a look at last months practical Cla$$ics - you can have a 1984 Astra with 35K for £225 or a Scirocco with 140K miles for £700 - I once had a Polo Formel E in Polar Silver (old bloke gold) advertised it for sale (and it was a bit of a wreck) and the phone nearly went into meltdown, yet I struggled to shift a much better condition Fiesta :?
To be fair Marty a Scirocco and an Astra are completely different kettles of fish. You would pay at least the same amount (quite possibly more) for a similar aged Cavalier coupe or Manta than a Scirocco.
I`m honestly not trying to turn this into an anti-VW tirade but see how much a 1984 Golf would get, around the same price as the Astra. Mk1 Astra`s are just starting to be `recognised` now and prices are slowly starting to creep up.
It`s all horses for courses and I don`t mean any offence to Tim (or most other VW owners) but you`d never convince me in a million years that VW`s are better built or even just better full stop.
Certainly Vauxhall did make some pretty awful cars (as most manafacturers have!)but around the end of the eighties they really got their act together and made some very well built and reliable cars.

*EDIT* Sorry Kitch, seem to have gone way off topic here! Are you in the programmme tonight yourself as the proud owner or are you like myself and blessed with the perfect face for radio?
Vauxhall apologist.
Toddman
BXpert

M&M

Post by Toddman »

For anyone who misse sthe program I will be recording it direct to my HD so can do full length dvds and might even host up the BX part for download.

Cheers
Luke
Please call me Luke :)
1989 BX 16valve White 70k - G764KEW

http://www.bx16valve.com