BX 19TXD in scrapyard........

Tell us about BXs you have spotted on the road, or BXs/parts spotted for sale including eBay finds.
Kevin B
BXpert

BX 19TXD in scrapyard........

Post by Kevin B »

This weekend I chanced across a Silver BX19 TXD hatchback in Haynes Scrapyard at Wantage (Oxfordshire).

Quite a tidy car, with lots of useful parts for recovery, looks to of had a reconditioned alternator recently fitted.

Looks to be a recent arrival so still quite complete.
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Re: BX 19TXD in scrapyard........

Post by Tim Leech »

Still a shame to see them being scrapped!

The bumper inserts are quite good to have as is the chrome grille, any pictures?
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Kevin B
BXpert

Post by Kevin B »

Sorry no pictures.

Indeed, it was a shame to see it scrapped. It had what looked like the GTi interior. Can't rember what the condition of the chrome grille or bumper inserts was like (I will have a look next time if it is still their).

From what I could see of the car, it would have been possible to save it if you were tasty with a MIG welder, as it had almost rotted through on the inner front wings, which would indicate tin worm would be active else where.

Lets hope some forum members can reclaim some parts off of it, as the prices at this scrapyard (in my experience) are more than fair.
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

Was the interior the standard TXD interior? black velour with blue/grey diagonal pinstripe though it?

I know someone who is desperate for a front seat cushion to replace a damaged one. I'm sure he'd pay you a good price for it.
They think it's all over, it is now!
Kevin B
BXpert

Post by Kevin B »

^ Yes it was that style of interior.
Unfortunately I have no immediate need to visit this scrapyard again for a while, so perhaps someone else might like to take on this challenge.
Hurricane
BXpert

Post by Hurricane »

Anyone who intends on visiting this scrapyard I could do with the ignition barrel + some other bits, or if anyone has the scrapyard number I'd be more than grateful thank you.
K BX 19 TXD
J BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
J BX TZD Turbo
mds141
Over 2k

Post by mds141 »

Hurricane, were you driving through Lancaster last week? Spotted a Hurricane going South on the A6 towards Scotforth.
Mark Smith

Is it just me or is everything shit?

1989 BX GTi 16 valve. Blanc Alpine. Completed the Citroen Classic Challenge Ecosse and 1337 miles without a hitch.
2000 XM VSX 2.1 td Auto. Rouge Magenta.
TGD saloon many years ago.

1990 Swift 'Corniche' 12/2 aka BXClub HQ.
Honda Firestorm. Gone, but not forgotten.
2015 Triumph Tiger Explorer XC.
Hurricane
BXpert

Post by Hurricane »

mds141 wrote:Hurricane, were you driving through Lancaster last week? Spotted a Hurricane going South on the A6 towards Scotforth.
Yes we was :D it's a sad situation to say how scarce these motors are becoming when you see one and just know it'll more than likely be somebody off here. :lol:
K BX 19 TXD
J BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
J BX TZD Turbo
Kevin B
BXpert

Post by Kevin B »

Hurricane wrote:If anyone has the scrapyard number I'd be more than grateful thank you.
Here you go:

http://www.haynesofchallow.co.uk/#