SOLD BX 16TGS Automatic (1991) for sale/ 2 new tyres £150

Advertise your car for sale here. No parts or eBay spots in here please.
Tinkley
1K Away

Re: BX 16TGS Automatic (1991) for sale scrap / 2 new tyres £

Post by Tinkley »

Actually I'll post in the wording applicable, atleast that's what the HM Gov says....

6. Retest after a repair

In some cases your vehicle can have a partial retest for free or a reduced MOT fee.
Leaving your vehicle for repair

You only need a partial retest if you leave the vehicle at the test centre for repair and it’s retested within 10 working days. There’s no fee for this.
Taking your vehicle away for repairs

You can take your vehicle away if your MOT certificate is still valid.

You can only take your vehicle to or from somewhere to be repaired if your MOT has run out.

From the following link.

https://www.gov.uk/getting-an-mot/retests

You'd be OK, as long as you can establish a place of repair and rebooking the retest MOT.

BTW, you'll need tha pair of rear arm bearings as the other side is likely as bad as the one that has been failed, or will be in 6 months....

I'm interested in this car, and can do the arms fairly easily.
cacaolat
BXpert

Post by cacaolat »

The BX is now gone to a Forum member. Another BX saved from scrap
:wink:
former BX 16 TGS Meteor Auto owner. No space or time to do own repairs. My BX is now owned by another member of this forum.
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

Defender110 wrote:Once it has failed MOT you can only drive it to a garage for repair AND to a pre-booked MOT test appointment. You cannot however continue to drive a defective car (MOT test fail) until it has been repaired even if it's current MOT certificate is still valid. A current test certificate does not allow continued use of a defective vehicle on a public road.
This has been argued here several times in the past and each time the conclusion has been that an MOT is valid for its full 12 months irrespective of subsequent test results. If what you say is true then it defeats any advantage in being able to take it for an MOT up to 1 month before expiry without loss of use during the MOT term.

I'm not saying you're wrong just, if its changed, that you need to substantiate your view with an extract of official T&C's for our benefit showing that now to be the case. :?
1991 BX19GTi Auto
Defender110
Over 2k
My Cars: Land Rover Discovery Series 1 200tdi 3 door
Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5
2020 Fiat Panda cross 4x4 twin air.

Re: SOLD BX 16TGS Automatic (1991) for sale/ 2 new tyres £1

Post by Defender110 »

Yes the current MOT remains valid, I didn't say otherwise and nothing "has changed". If your car fails the NEW MOT and you do the repairs it isn't an issue still driving on the old/current MOT but it is an offence to knowingly drive a defective vehicle on a public highway and once it fails the MOT you 'know' (and they do) the vehicle is defective so you are then committing an offence against the Road Traffic Act.

The actual codes for the offences are:
Road Traffic Act Construction & use offences:
CU10
Using a vehicle with defective brakes - 3 points

CU20
Use of unsuitable vehicle or using a vehicle with parts or accessories (excluding brakes, steering or tyres) in a dangerous condition - 3 points

CU30
Using a vehicle with defective tyre(s) - 3 points (per tyre)

CU40
Using a vehicle with defective steering - 3 points

These offences are just for using the vehicle whilst defective, there are other more serious offences on top if you cause an accident, injury or death whilst using the defective vehicle.

It isn't rocket science, no Government dept. / Police force can allow/give consent for a defective vehicle to be used on the road.
Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
2003 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5 - Daily driver / hobby days and camping.
1993 Land Rover Discovery 200tdi Series 1 3 door - in need of TLC
2020 Fiat Panda 4x4 Cross Twin Air.