Club cars in TV filming today

Anything about BXs
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Cheers Luke, will look forward to it. I`ll only miss it if I forget which is highly possible knowing me.
Vauxhall apologist.
M

Post by M »

cavmad wrote:To be fair Marty a Scirocco and an Astra are completely different kettles of fish.
[OffTopicMode] Oh I agree - I should have made it clear it was a GT Astra, even so it was merely a comparison between values and ages of cars and how strangely some people seem to think one type of car is better nailed together than another. That said the Polo was as rough as my mother in laws backside, but ran like a dream - whereas the Fiesta looked like Sally Gunnel, but sadly never ran anything like her.

Give me a new Skoda over its VW badged bretheren anyday and I will keep the difference in price (well I would if I was going to buy one, which Im not). In fact give me a Dyane over a Beetle anyday of the week.
[/OffTopicMode]

I shall be recording it on my DVDR so I too shall be able to knock a copy or two out later on for those who miss it.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

That said the Polo was as rough as my mother in laws backside

:shock: I think I`ll leave asking how you know that :lol:

It`ll probably be repeated on Sky if anyone misses it tonight.
Vauxhall apologist.
Mike P
BXpert

Post by Mike P »

The Bx feature will only be 2 to 3 minutes I expect of tonights program.

They didn't drive the cars, only filmed the presenters walking around them whilst talking and interior /engine shots. Probably wouldn't have let them drive it on the track.

Mike P.
"F" White Phase 1 16V: 62K miles & seen on TV
"E" Grey Phase 1 16V: Long term project in bits
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Veedubs do hold there money better than most of the other cars in there sector, am not saying there any better but its peoples perception that keep it that way.
Cornishbx16v
BXpert

Post by Cornishbx16v »

vw's do hold there value more But! they cost more in the first place so looking at it in an open light they depreciate at the same rate as all other cars but there end price is higher because there start price was higher!
Timmo.

After all I AM CORNISH!!!!

www.bx16v.com
www.bx16v.co.uk/forum
www.bx16valve.co.uk
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Would disagree with you there Timmo, golfs as a percentage hold there money far better than Focus and Astras, a 3 year old golf with normal miles should eaily be worth 50% of its original value tdis even more so. Polos too are strong sellers second hand 8)

As for being more expesive thats a common mith aswell, a new polo is yours for £7000 a new golf is £11000 and a passat £14000 if you haggle! Plus with 20k service intervals they arent expensive to run.

I sold a nice spec Polo today for £120 a month with £1500 deposit, tell me thats expensive lol! £40 cheaper than the equvilent Yaris.

Which in all makes my life eay which is a good thing! :D
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Fair play Tim, you know your onions. I used to despise Vauxhalls many moons ago until my dad got one as a company car. A now ultra rare 1.6SR (fore runner to the 18SRi) it was a fantastic car and I learned to drive in it.
I can never understand why the Vectra was so slagged off, though Clarkson played a massive part in it with his (then) tiresome rants about anything Vauxhall and he never gave it a proper, unbiased trial. I have no problem with anyone disliking any cars that I do but as I`m sure you`re aware Tim people are quick to knock cars because it`s popular, not because they`ve actually owned one and found out for themselves. It`s probably why I like a huge selection of unpopular cars like Maestros, Austin 3-litres, Lada Rivas etc, etc etc.
BTW I can laugh at Clarkson`s comments about Cavaliers and Vectras now because both won `fleet car of the year` for quite a few years on the run each.
OK, not exactly inspiring to the impressionable BUT in my opinion the people who know about build quality, reliability and future value would be fleet car buyers. I wouldn`t imagine they`d select a car that was thirsty, poorly built, unreliable and with crap re-sales as fleet buyers are the ones doing the maths and wouldn`t want an unreliable car to cover massive mileages.
This is NOT to imply you don`t know what you`re talking about Tim, it`s obvious it`s quite the opposite. As you know I`m not impartial to the odd spot of buying and selling and if you don`t know what you are talking about, and most importantly what the opposition are up, to then you aren`t going to last too long!
Vauxhall apologist.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Ive worked in the trade off and on for 14 years and I dont think theres a "bad" car out there, its all down to opinions and what you want it to do. We know you like Vauxhalls cavmad and I can say there are some that I would give drive space too, as for the Vectra I sold loads of them and most of the owners were happy them, yes they have some inherrant faults as do most cars, including VW and of course Citroen!

Some vehicles I would recommend some people would, i.e Alfas, I also think BMWs are very overrated but most owners rave about them.
Toddman
BXpert

M&M

Post by Toddman »

Hmm not sure if the show really helped these cars in the publics eye but at least they got amention, must say both cars looked great on TV.
You can view the BX footage over at www.bx16valve.co.uk in the Downloads/Videos section and if anybody wants the entire show I have it in MPEG2 format ready to put onto dvd so just give me a shout.

Cheers
Luke
Please call me Luke :)
1989 BX 16valve White 70k - G764KEW

http://www.bx16valve.com
M

Post by M »

jonkw wrote:Can anyone tell me what Penny Mallory has going for her?
:?:
----^
:shock:

Recorded the whole shebang on DVD last night only for it to be in the last 2 minuts of the show... Bum! Thought the auction house were being tight gits over that bloke and his 306SW that he "bought" then they wouldnt sell it him.
Last edited by M on Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Why didn't she shut up? Might be alright for her if £800 - £1200 is 'nothing'. Some of us have to work for a living. What a waste of space.

Cars looked lovely.
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

jonkw wrote:Can anyone tell me what Penny Mallory has going for her?
Absolutely eff all, especially in the looks department. Miserable bint, I bet she owns some poncey heap of crap car and thinks she`s the bee`s knees.
Vauxhall apologist.
OwenS
BXpert

Post by OwenS »

jonkw wrote:

Can anyone tell me what Penny Mallory has going for her?

What did she say?
2007 Sportka