Indicator Issue

BX Tech talk
Toddman
BXpert

Indicator Issue

Post by Toddman »

Probably and hopefuly something very simple but I put one valver in for an MOT and I knew it had a couple of jobs one of which was the passenger side indicators not flashing nor the hazards working.

Anyway turns out that as soon as the ignition is on all three passenger side bulbs light up and stay lit all the time.

The drivers indicators work fine.

Even with the inicator relay out the passenger side still stay lit.

There have been alarms fitted in the past and I am guessing the problem is linked to that.

Any ideas or good wiring diagrams before we start tearing the car apart to fix the fault?

Thanks
Please call me Luke :)
1989 BX 16valve White 70k - G764KEW

http://www.bx16valve.com
Way2go
Over 2k

Re: Indicator Issue

Post by Way2go »

Have you tried it with the hazard unit unplugged/replaced? Sounds like a pair of its contacts 'welded' together.
1991 BX19GTi Auto
Tinkley
1K Away

Post by Tinkley »

Mmmmm might be a bad earth? Worth a clean and reground of main earth on g/box and anything else you can find. There's one near the battery and one at the n/s rear light if I remember right. If you are unlucky it may be the ignition switch itself, I had a Chrysler Sunbeam and strange things happened with that - shorting inside the switch. So you put on headlights and the indicator came on, type of stuff.
Check there is not a pool of water in the fuse box tray too...drop it and pull the plastic slightly to check. Sometimes water can short a relay, I've had uncalled for wiper action from this... :wink:
Toddman
BXpert

Post by Toddman »

Thanks for the tips and I forgot all about the hazaed unit must check that when I go back up to the garage, that would be a nice fix
Please call me Luke :)
1989 BX 16valve White 70k - G764KEW

http://www.bx16valve.com