BX seat belts rear from TZD, TZS 4x4 for TRS

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
PhilGreaves
BXpert
My Cars: CCC X**tia Columnist!! forgive me for I was led astray..

1984 Citroen BX 16TRS restored and now with fully functional power steering..!
1994 Citroen Xantia 1.9 TD SX (Jan 1994, no airbags but antisink fitted)

BX seat belts rear from TZD, TZS 4x4 for TRS

Post by PhilGreaves »

Hi guys

I'm looking for some rear inertia seatbelts for my mk 1 BX 16 TRS. I have been reliably informed that I need the original BX bits if only for the mounting points, clearly I don't make a habit of looking for second hand belts :wink: .

The pattern on my car is a sort of grey and black block pattern similar to some AXs of the period. Presumably the curse of the parts bin strikes again!

I asked on the facebook group and Justin Shields told me that the pattern in question was also used on TZD, TZS and 4x4 BXs with a grey interior, I would guess also some alter TRS'. I'll try to upload a photos but it may take a while.

Does anybody know of a place scrapping/stripping any of the above models?

As I say its the mounting points and belts I need.

If all else fails i've been offered some plain black ones. As I say a certain amount of speed is needed here as I needed them fitted to coincide with time off work to pick up the car.

Thanks in advance
regards
Phil & Earl

1984 Citroen BX 16 TRS mk 1 "Earl" restored sept 2011 and now with fully functional power steering..!

CCC X**tia Columnist!! forgive me for I was led astray..
1994 Citroen Xantia 1.9 TD SX (Jan 1994, no airbags but anti-sink fitted)
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Re: BX seat belts rear from TZD, TZS 4x4 for TRS

Post by Tim Leech »

Hi phil

You could get a set of black belts out of a later car as they are interchangeable. Ask Barry or Rob
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Tinkley
1K Away

Post by Tinkley »

Make sure you get the clip in/release part too for the seat belts. There are at least two types and not interchangeable. Kitch knows more about this. I had one car '88 with French made belts which would not fit into the later Hungarian made clip in/release part. Had to change that too. Whilst this was on front belts I'll bet it applies to rear ones too.
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

I'm also after the same for my mk1 TRS. Did a post awhile back but had no joy! I'd be happy with just the two outers (lap belt can go black and be hidden under the seat).

Me and Phil are a long way apart, so if someone spots a group of BXs being scrapped, I can raid them for both of us, likewise if it's near him!

Cheers
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

As you know there is stacks of BX's at Alan Goodyear's including a Mk1 19RD.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

Where's that?
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
PhilGreaves
BXpert
My Cars: CCC X**tia Columnist!! forgive me for I was led astray..

1984 Citroen BX 16TRS restored and now with fully functional power steering..!
1994 Citroen Xantia 1.9 TD SX (Jan 1994, no airbags but antisink fitted)

Post by PhilGreaves »

Tim Leech wrote:Hi phil

You could get a set of black belts out of a later car as they are interchangeable. Ask Barry or Rob
tim? I'm sorry I don't know any tim..let me check my facebook friends list..nope no tim there..though there is a photo of a tim on my profile pic..but that's just some guy who always hugs my mother at CCC events :wink: How are you tim? glad to see you are still around! :D
Tinkley wrote:Make sure you get the clip in/release part too for the seat belts. There are at least two types and not interchangeable. Kitch knows more about this. I had one car '88 with French made belts which would not fit into the later Hungarian made clip in/release part. Had to change that too. Whilst this was on front belts I'll bet it applies to rear ones too.

I don't know anything about this? Kitch any thoughts :?: current fixed rear seatbelts fitted has what I thought were genuine citroen ones..i'll take a photograph and let you guys decide which type they are and look for any differences to the front.
?
Kitch wrote:I'm also after the same for my mk1 TRS. Did a post awhile back but had no joy! I'd be happy with just the two outers (lap belt can go black and be hidden under the seat).

Me and Phil are a long way apart, so if someone spots a group of BXs being scrapped, I can raid them for both of us, likewise if it's near him!

Cheers

What are you trying to get me involved in ? :wink: yeah sure
Kitch wrote:Where's that?

fair question I thought..

I want to use the car properly (it is now thanks to Leo fully functional!!) and only have some time off in march to get things sorted so given Kitch's problems with sourcing these I suppose I will have to revert to my original plan and buy some black ones. However while this would mismatch you have all seen Tim approve of the idea. :lol:

thanks for the advice
regards
Phil & Earl

1984 Citroen BX 16 TRS mk 1 "Earl" restored sept 2011 and now with fully functional power steering..!

CCC X**tia Columnist!! forgive me for I was led astray..
1994 Citroen Xantia 1.9 TD SX (Jan 1994, no airbags but anti-sink fitted)
Tinkley
1K Away

Post by Tinkley »

A MK 1 will almost certainly have French made seat belts. The later Hungarian ones have a different metal profile on the inserted part as well as receptor. Not sure when the change was but in early mid '88 they were French and by Jan '91 they were the Hungarian ones. If you do fit the black ones and source from an 88 or earlier they will likely fit without changing the receptor, but test to make sure. Also possible the wretched things changed with the update to the Mk 2... :wink: