BX Gt carburettor

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Tinkley
1K Away

Re: BX Gt carburettor

Post by Tinkley »

Well the last carbs were manufactured around 1992/3 as well as a lot of spares... as the 'new' legislation required fuel injection and CAT converters to meet the emission levels. So hardly surprising new carbs are not easy to find. There are some out there but you need to really hunt, last time I searched they were around 200-250 or so. The refurb kits are around and worth using, they do NOT include the float which as our friend Kaapelimies points out do get heavy - if over 7.5 grammes it is too heavy. These too are available.

Always a little confused as to how my '88 and '91 cars have lower Co levels than the '09 C4 but I pay more tax - still how can politicians be wrong..... :wink: maybe my NOx is a tad higher but at least it's not a VW cheat.... :wink:
jamescarruthers
BXpert

Post by jamescarruthers »

With my old Renault Master with the 2.0 litre engine, I got help from the Carburettor Hospital. I think it is just one bloke with a load of bits and a big brain.
1987 Volvo 480 ES
2006 Citroen C6 Exclusive 3.0 petrol/LPG

Previous BX's:
A966 XRL -- BX 16 TRS
H767 BEG -- BX 14 TGE
B316 AMP -- BX 14 E
davidst
My Cars: Dyane 6, Xantia 2.0

Post by davidst »

lesg wrote:Hi there, does anyone know where I can get a replacement carb for a Mk 1 Gt as it has failed mot on emissions and the garage are having difficulty in finding any suppliers, or does anyone have one for sale. Any info would be most appreciated as getting very frustrated at not being able to have my car on the road. Many thanks in advance of any help.

I have an almost new Solex carb from a 1990 1.9 TZS (which I understand would be the same) if you are interested
lesg
Confirmed BX'er
My Cars: citroen bx gt

Post by lesg »

Hi there davidst, how much would you like for the carb? Do you know if it is a Z1 model with automatic choke? I would be interested if we could do a deal on it and arrange postage etc. Many thanks, les
davidst
My Cars: Dyane 6, Xantia 2.0

Post by davidst »

Will send you a pm