BX 16 Valve Idle Problems

BX Tech talk
Tinkley
1K Away

Re: BX 16 Valve Idle Problems

Post by Tinkley »

frog wrote: New o2 sensor on the car has made no difference. Though the car has a different exhaust now and feels a lot faster, I think my cat may have been stuffed.
Most commonly a 'stuffed' or clogged cat causes misfiring on pull away and poor performance/economy, at least in my limited experience of the wretched things.... :wink: Certain Vauxhalls were/are prone to this.
djoptix
BXpert

Post by djoptix »

Good heavens! My signature's been moderated...
Glenn_a
My Cars: Citroen BX 16valve

Post by Glenn_a »

frog wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:50 am Thanks Matt I will investigate that lead (pun intended)..

New o2 sensor on the car has made no difference. Though the car has a different exhaust now and feels a lot faster, I think my cat may have been stuffed.

Also took the pedal box out and refitted it as the clutch cable broke, nothing wrong with the throttle cable etc.
Intake piping was also taken off and checked during this.

Fun and games continue, coming into autumn here now so the problem is happening less and less and will likely disappear until next October/November.
Hi Frog... I am a new member here and noticed that I am having some issues that u had before, I'm hoping I can relate to what you've done to fix this car. may I ask exactly what is the final job you did to fix the idle issue? thanks, heaps!